Weird Print Issue



ssnazzy9
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I have 2 Canon printers - I use one for text and one for photos. I
created a document that has photos and clip art and want to print to the
i960, my photo printer (which I use fairly often with Word for a
newsletter I am responsible for). Every time I try to send it to that
printer, a blank page comes out. When I send the exact same thing to
the pixma 3000, it prints perfectly fine. Now I know I can just put
photo paper into the text printer ---- but am puzzled and curious why
this would happen. I even made a new document and put the same content
into it - gave it a different name - and it still wouldn't print. Very
odd.......
Marianne

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
It sounds like a printer setting issue, not a Word issue. And I gotta tell
you - having one printer for text and one for pictures does seem a bit
quirky. But hey - it's your choice. (I barely have room on my desk for *one*
printer.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"ssnazzy9" <ssnazzy9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:Ouj%23C0ZeFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>I have 2 Canon printers - I use one for text and one for photos. I
> created a document that has photos and clip art and want to print to the
> i960, my photo printer (which I use fairly often with Word for a
> newsletter I am responsible for). Every time I try to send it to that
> printer, a blank page comes out. When I send the exact same thing to
> the pixma 3000, it prints perfectly fine. Now I know I can just put
> photo paper into the text printer ---- but am puzzled and curious why
> this would happen. I even made a new document and put the same content
> into it - gave it a different name - and it still wouldn't print. Very
> odd.......
> Marianne
>
>

katin42
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I agree with JoAnn Paules, it's definately a printer issue, and might be
associated with that specific printers ability to read the data. For
newsletters, I am constantly using a variety of different graphs mostly, and
photos. It does becomes more of challange, when mixed together in one
document. The settings for "Photo" on one printer, and "Text" on another
could be a part of the problem, simply based on printers capabilities. If
this is the first time, this problem has arrived, it's not one to overlook.
The best thing is to contact Canon, for a workaround, driver update, or other
options. It would also be helpful, in general, to state what Word Version is
being used, along with printer release versions; when you contact them.

"ssnazzy9" wrote:

> I have 2 Canon printers - I use one for text and one for photos. I
> created a document that has photos and clip art and want to print to the
> i960, my photo printer (which I use fairly often with Word for a
> newsletter I am responsible for). Every time I try to send it to that
> printer, a blank page comes out. When I send the exact same thing to
> the pixma 3000, it prints perfectly fine. Now I know I can just put
> photo paper into the text printer ---- but am puzzled and curious why
> this would happen. I even made a new document and put the same content
> into it - gave it a different name - and it still wouldn't print. Very
> odd.......
> Marianne
>
>
>

Suzanne S. Barnhill
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I don't think it's at all unreasonable to have two printers. I have a
LaserJet for monochrome documents (mostly text) and a DeskJet for color
documents (mostly pictures).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:3vmdnbOoUbJ2KSDfRVn-2A@suscom.com...
> It sounds like a printer setting issue, not a Word issue. And I gotta tell
> you - having one printer for text and one for pictures does seem a bit
> quirky. But hey - it's your choice. (I barely have room on my desk for
*one*
> printer.)
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
>
>
> "ssnazzy9" <ssnazzy9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:Ouj%23C0ZeFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >I have 2 Canon printers - I use one for text and one for photos. I
> > created a document that has photos and clip art and want to print to the
> > i960, my photo printer (which I use fairly often with Word for a
> > newsletter I am responsible for). Every time I try to send it to that
> > printer, a blank page comes out. When I send the exact same thing to
> > the pixma 3000, it prints perfectly fine. Now I know I can just put
> > photo paper into the text printer ---- but am puzzled and curious why
> > this would happen. I even made a new document and put the same content
> > into it - gave it a different name - and it still wouldn't print. Very
> > odd.......
> > Marianne
> >
> >
>
>

ssnazzy9
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't have the printers "set" any special
way actually -- just the i960 (which has 6 separate ink cartridges and
therefore should print photos better) always has photo paper loaded and
the pixma always has plain paper loaded. The really odd thing about
this is I have been making a 50th anniversary "yearbook" for my
husband's upcoming class reunion and have 55 separate documents, all
have photos inserted as well as clip art and text -- and all printed
great on the photo printer (photo paper pages copy clearer) except for
this one document. I cannot see anything different about the one that
won't print. I gave in a printed it on the "plain paper" printer with
photo paper -- just got tired of messing with it. And yes, maybe I'm
quirky, I think I'm lucky to have the luxury of 2 printers.
Marianne

"katin42" <katin42@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:C1570604-CBFE-467C-8951-BA41A830AD88@microsoft.com...
I agree with JoAnn Paules, it's definately a printer issue, and might be
associated with that specific printers ability to read the data. For
newsletters, I am constantly using a variety of different graphs mostly,
and
photos. It does becomes more of challange, when mixed together in one
document. The settings for "Photo" on one printer, and "Text" on
another
could be a part of the problem, simply based on printers capabilities.
If
this is the first time, this problem has arrived, it's not one to
overlook.
The best thing is to contact Canon, for a workaround, driver update, or
other
options. It would also be helpful, in general, to state what Word
Version is
being used, along with printer release versions; when you contact them.

"ssnazzy9" wrote:

> I have 2 Canon printers - I use one for text and one for photos. I
> created a document that has photos and clip art and want to print to
the
> i960, my photo printer (which I use fairly often with Word for a
> newsletter I am responsible for). Every time I try to send it to that
> printer, a blank page comes out. When I send the exact same thing to
> the pixma 3000, it prints perfectly fine. Now I know I can just put
> photo paper into the text printer ---- but am puzzled and curious why
> this would happen. I even made a new document and put the same
content
> into it - gave it a different name - and it still wouldn't print.
Very
> odd.......
> Marianne
>
>
>

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I'm too accustomed to working on my stuff at home. I can only afford one
printer and I'm not displeased with the quality so I don't even think about
getting a second. And if I did, I'd need a bigger desk.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:%23$T3jQdeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I don't think it's at all unreasonable to have two printers. I have a
> LaserJet for monochrome documents (mostly text) and a DeskJet for color
> documents (mostly pictures).
>
> --
> Suzanne S. Barnhill
> Microsoft MVP (Word)
> Words into Type
> Fairhope, Alabama USA
> Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
> so
> all may benefit.
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:3vmdnbOoUbJ2KSDfRVn-2A@suscom.com...
>> It sounds like a printer setting issue, not a Word issue. And I gotta
>> tell
>> you - having one printer for text and one for pictures does seem a bit
>> quirky. But hey - it's your choice. (I barely have room on my desk for
> *one*
>> printer.)
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>>
>>
>>
>> "ssnazzy9" <ssnazzy9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:Ouj%23C0ZeFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> >I have 2 Canon printers - I use one for text and one for photos. I
>> > created a document that has photos and clip art and want to print to
>> > the
>> > i960, my photo printer (which I use fairly often with Word for a
>> > newsletter I am responsible for). Every time I try to send it to that
>> > printer, a blank page comes out. When I send the exact same thing to
>> > the pixma 3000, it prints perfectly fine. Now I know I can just put
>> > photo paper into the text printer ---- but am puzzled and curious why
>> > this would happen. I even made a new document and put the same content
>> > into it - gave it a different name - and it still wouldn't print. Very
>> > odd.......
>> > Marianne
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>

Suzanne S. Barnhill
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Well, my office is at home, and I actually have three or four desks,
depending on how you count. One, a little spinet desk I inherited from my
grandmother, has my old IBM typewriter (Wheelwriter) on it. One is a
"writing" desk (actually a supply cabinet with a fold-out desktop that my
husband and father-in-law built to my design that I use for writing and
other miscellaneous tasks (stapling, folding, etc.). One is a sort of
"computer cart" that I got (temporarily) for my first computer; it now
accommodates my DeskJet and my scanner in a sort of cabinet custom-built by
a client. The scanner sits on top of this sort of wooden box and the printer
on a pull-out wooden tray underneath. My main office-type desk
(assemble-it-yourself schlock from an office superstore) has my computer
monitor and LaserJet 4100 on top, keyboard and mouse platform on the pullout
shelf, and CPU underneath. It has a pullout "return" that incorporates a
storage drawer and a file rack. Next to it is a two-drawer rolling file
cabinet with my LaserJet 3100 (MFD that I use primarily as a fax machine) on
top (across the room is the original four-drawer filing cabinet that was the
first thing I bought with my first paycheck from my first summer job, 41
years ago <g>).

--
Suzanne S. Barnhill
Microsoft MVP (Word)
Words into Type
Fairhope, Alabama USA
Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:4eudnVh2xthmlCPfRVn-rw@suscom.com...
> I'm too accustomed to working on my stuff at home. I can only afford one
> printer and I'm not displeased with the quality so I don't even think
about
> getting a second. And if I did, I'd need a bigger desk.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
>
>
> "Suzanne S. Barnhill" <sbarnhill@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:%23$T3jQdeFHA.412@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> >I don't think it's at all unreasonable to have two printers. I have a
> > LaserJet for monochrome documents (mostly text) and a DeskJet for color
> > documents (mostly pictures).
> >
> > --
> > Suzanne S. Barnhill
> > Microsoft MVP (Word)
> > Words into Type
> > Fairhope, Alabama USA
> > Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
> > Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup
> > so
> > all may benefit.
> >
> > "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > news:3vmdnbOoUbJ2KSDfRVn-2A@suscom.com...
> >> It sounds like a printer setting issue, not a Word issue. And I gotta
> >> tell
> >> you - having one printer for text and one for pictures does seem a bit
> >> quirky. But hey - it's your choice. (I barely have room on my desk for
> > *one*
> >> printer.)
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> JoAnn Paules
> >> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "ssnazzy9" <ssnazzy9@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:Ouj%23C0ZeFHA.2984@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> >> >I have 2 Canon printers - I use one for text and one for photos. I
> >> > created a document that has photos and clip art and want to print to
> >> > the
> >> > i960, my photo printer (which I use fairly often with Word for a
> >> > newsletter I am responsible for). Every time I try to send it to
that
> >> > printer, a blank page comes out. When I send the exact same thing to
> >> > the pixma 3000, it prints perfectly fine. Now I know I can just put
> >> > photo paper into the text printer ---- but am puzzled and curious why
> >> > this would happen. I even made a new document and put the same
content
> >> > into it - gave it a different name - and it still wouldn't print.
Very
> >> > odd.......
> >> > Marianne
> >> >
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >
>
>


Weird Print Issue