i need a simple but easy "chore" list for family



carrie
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
i am in a new relationship with my kids and his, ages 3,11,11,18,22.
what i am looking for, is a easy way to create a chore list that is easy for
everyone to understand.

Anne Troy
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
You might want to start with a form. Using the Drop-down to list kids and
another to list chores. Let them choose their own!
Here's how to make the form.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/create_a_fill-in_form_in_microsoft_word.htm

However, I'll be honest and tell you this rarely works. It's often best,
especially given their ages, if you let them work it out between themselves.
There are enough of them. Of course, you might want to sit in on it to keep
the big ones honest.

*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com


"carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FBC5E6FD-AA2F-4CAB-94F1-A8AFF4C00F42@microsoft.com...
> i am in a new relationship with my kids and his, ages 3,11,11,18,22.
> what i am looking for, is a easy way to create a chore list that is easy
for
> everyone to understand.

JR
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Chores for a 3 year old?? And you expect him to read it ????
Egads Woman
John



"carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FBC5E6FD-AA2F-4CAB-94F1-A8AFF4C00F42@microsoft.com...
>i am in a new relationship with my kids and his, ages 3,11,11,18,22.
> what i am looking for, is a easy way to create a chore list that is easy
> for
> everyone to understand.

Anne Troy
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
Actually, I was thinking it'll be much harder to get the two 11's to do
anything. Hee hee.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com


"JR" <onejmATcomcast.net> wrote in message
news:CvednUMQ6MAO7irfRVn-gA@comcast.com...
> Chores for a 3 year old?? And you expect him to read it ????
> Egads Woman
> John
>
>
>
> "carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FBC5E6FD-AA2F-4CAB-94F1-A8AFF4C00F42@microsoft.com...
> >i am in a new relationship with my kids and his, ages 3,11,11,18,22.
> > what i am looking for, is a easy way to create a chore list that is easy
> > for
> > everyone to understand.
>
>

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
You think the 18 and 22 yr olds are going to be any easier? I think the OP
is in for an interesting summer.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Anne Troy" <ng@officearticles.com> wrote in message
news:aaa83$42b7769c$466eb880$12103@allthenewsgroups.com...
> Actually, I was thinking it'll be much harder to get the two 11's to do
> anything. Hee hee.
> *******************
> ~Anne Troy
>
> www.OfficeArticles.com
> www.MyExpertsOnline.com
>
>
> "JR" <onejmATcomcast.net> wrote in message
> news:CvednUMQ6MAO7irfRVn-gA@comcast.com...
>> Chores for a 3 year old?? And you expect him to read it ????
>> Egads Woman
>> John
>>
>>
>>
>> "carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FBC5E6FD-AA2F-4CAB-94F1-A8AFF4C00F42@microsoft.com...
>> >i am in a new relationship with my kids and his, ages 3,11,11,18,22.
>> > what i am looking for, is a easy way to create a chore list that is
>> > easy
>> > for
>> > everyone to understand.
>>
>>
>
>

TF
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
I thought all you had to do was shout loudly!

I think that the 3-year old may have a problem using Word, the 11-year olds
will have an attitude problem and the 18 and 22 year olds will never be
there to do any chores.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FBC5E6FD-AA2F-4CAB-94F1-A8AFF4C00F42@microsoft.com...
:i am in a new relationship with my kids and his, ages 3,11,11,18,22.
: what i am looking for, is a easy way to create a chore list that is easy
for
: everyone to understand.

Kathryn Groves
07-09-2005, 11:04 PM
This addresses your question from a NON microsoft perspective -- but I think
regardless of the "charting" ---- this has to come first!

The way I get chores done in my house... is that there are NO ELECTONICS
used until AFTER all chores are done... that means Television, CD player,
computer, Playstation/GameBoy/X-Box , Telephone or whatever. I would
recommend that you assign specific chores to each child -- don't change them
by the day or the week -- to easy to get confused --- or forget what is
yours. Sit down -- layout all of the routine chores and go around the
table -- assign those that require specific persons to do first -- then let
them pick the rest. Then make a chart that shows what each is responsible
for --- on a big poster board -- and post it in the kitchen (I assume all
the kids start the day with breakfast) or another prominent place.

The key is that YOU make no exceptions, and if they are caught on
electronics before their chores are done AND done right -- they still do
the chores (orm do them over) but are off electronics for the remainder of
the day. Enforce this 100% and I promise in no time you'll have them
hurrying to finish!

Feel free to substitute swimming, skateboarding or whatever drives your kids
during the day -- what is their PRIMARY motivator. Accessing that is solely
dependent on getting done first things first.

Has worked like a charm in my house -- although the first week I had to be a
real cop -- 100% enforcement is critical up front.

Have a fun summer!

Kate in MI


"carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FBC5E6FD-AA2F-4CAB-94F1-A8AFF4C00F42@microsoft.com...
>i am in a new relationship with my kids and his, ages 3,11,11,18,22.
> what i am looking for, is a easy way to create a chore list that is easy
> for
> everyone to understand.


i need a simple but easy "chore" list for family