Cyrillic keyboard



Peter
07-10-2005, 12:03 AM
I have a 98SE with Word2000 and when I press Ctrl/Shift I can change from
Latin to Cyrillic keyboard.

I am now trying it on an XP laptop with Woird 2002 by attaching the
cyrillic keyboard to the laptiop. The keyboard works fine but I can't
change it to type in cyrillic.

help...

Cindy M -WordMVP-
07-10-2005, 12:03 AM
Hi Peter,

> I have a 98SE with Word2000 and when I press Ctrl/Shift I can change from
> Latin to Cyrillic keyboard.
>
> I am now trying it on an XP laptop with Woird 2002 by attaching the
> cyrillic keyboard to the laptiop. The keyboard works fine but I can't
> change it to type in cyrillic.
>
I think you need to install a Windows IME for this. You might try asking in
the word.internation.features group, though.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Paul Gorodyansky
07-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Cindy M -WordMVP- wrote:
> >
> I think you need to install a Windows IME for this. You might try asking in
> the word.internation.features group, though.

No, IME is for East Asian languages with hyeroglyphs - Japanese,
Chinese, Korean.

Cyrillic - Russian, Ukrainian, ... - works the same way as any other
_European_ language and activated the same way as say French or Polish.


--
Regards,
Paul Gorodyansky
"Cyrillic (Russian): instructions for Windows and Internet":
http://RusWin.net
Russian On-screen Keyboard: http://Kbd.RusWin.net

Paul Gorodyansky
07-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Hello!

Peter wrote:
>
> I have a 98SE with Word2000 and when I press Ctrl/Shift I can change from
> Latin to Cyrillic keyboard.
>
> I am now trying it on an XP laptop with Woird 2002 by attaching the
> cyrillic keyboard to the laptiop. The keyboard works fine but I can't
> change it to type in cyrillic.
>
> help...

Please see step-by-step instruction for keyboard activation
in the "Typing in Russian" section of my site. That section also also
has a chapter at the end called "Finla notes" where MS Word behavior
is covered.

--
Regards,
Paul Gorodyansky
"Cyrillic (Russian): instructions for Windows and Internet":
http://RusWin.net
Russian On-screen Keyboard: http://Kbd.RusWin.net

Cindy M -WordMVP-
07-10-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi Paul,

Good thing you happened by :-)

> > I think you need to install a Windows IME for this. You might try asking in
> > the word.internation.features group, though.
>
> No, IME is for East Asian languages with hyeroglyphs - Japanese,
> Chinese, Korean.
>
> Cyrillic - Russian, Ukrainian, ... - works the same way as any other
> _European_ language and activated the same way as say French or Polish.
>

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)


Cyrillic keyboard