Missing Comments Balloon?!



Raymond
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
help,

I'm using Word 2002 running XP Pro and I have a document that includes mail
merge info from an ODS (Ms Access).

All is working fine excep that the reviewer's comments are not apearing as a
balloon on the right. The balloons for the edits are showing up and I can
read the comment in the lower pane view, but without the balloon I'm afraid
other reviewers will miss this comment....

Please help if you can...

Thank you!

Cindy M -WordMVP-
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi Raymond,

> I'm using Word 2002 running XP Pro and I have a document that includes mail
> merge info from an ODS (Ms Access).
>
> All is working fine excep that the reviewer's comments are not apearing as a
> balloon on the right. The balloons for the edits are showing up and I can
> read the comment in the lower pane view, but without the balloon I'm afraid
> other reviewers will miss this comment....
>
In the Reviewing toolbar, in the Show list, are "Comments" marked to show?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Raymond
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Thanks for your reply,

Yes, comments are marked to show and there is a small colored marker (like
the shaded bookmark symbol) at the location the comment was inserted. I
also checked in the Options directory and the Tracked Changes settings apear
to be correct....



"Cindy M -WordMVP-" <C.Meister-C@hispeed.ch> wrote in message
news:VA.0000adfe.007bd6d1@speedy...
> Hi Raymond,
>
>> I'm using Word 2002 running XP Pro and I have a document that includes
>> mail
>> merge info from an ODS (Ms Access).
>>
>> All is working fine excep that the reviewer's comments are not apearing
>> as a
>> balloon on the right. The balloons for the edits are showing up and I can
>> read the comment in the lower pane view, but without the balloon I'm
>> afraid
>> other reviewers will miss this comment....
>>
> In the Reviewing toolbar, in the Show list, are "Comments" marked to show?
>
> Cindy Meister
> INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
> http://www.word.mvps.org
>
> This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
> reply
> in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)
>

Cindy M -WordMVP-
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Hi Raymond,

> Yes, comments are marked to show and there is a small colored marker (like
> the shaded bookmark symbol) at the location the comment was inserted. I
> also checked in the Options directory and the Tracked Changes settings apear
> to be correct....
>
Hmmm. Is the problem only happening with this one document? New documents, or
documents other send you display as you'd expect?

It's possible that the document (or the template from which it was created) is
damaged, and that the comment doesn't display for that reason...

> >
> >> I'm using Word 2002 running XP Pro and I have a document that includes
> >> mail
> >> merge info from an ODS (Ms Access).
> >>
> >> All is working fine excep that the reviewer's comments are not apearing
> >> as a
> >> balloon on the right. The balloons for the edits are showing up and I can
> >> read the comment in the lower pane view, but without the balloon I'm
> >> afraid
> >> other reviewers will miss this comment....
>

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

raymond
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Thank you for your help. I'm still not sure what the problem was but
following subsequent review the suspect comment returned to view as a
balloon as expected...hmmmm. I'm sure there was something strange happening
there and I'm sure I don't know what it was...


"Cindy M -WordMVP-" <C.Meister-C@hispeed.ch> wrote in message
news:VA.0000ae19.00610a87@speedy...
> Hi Raymond,
>
>> Yes, comments are marked to show and there is a small colored marker
>> (like
>> the shaded bookmark symbol) at the location the comment was inserted. I
>> also checked in the Options directory and the Tracked Changes settings
>> apear
>> to be correct....
>>
> Hmmm. Is the problem only happening with this one document? New documents,
> or
> documents other send you display as you'd expect?
>
> It's possible that the document (or the template from which it was
> created) is
> damaged, and that the comment doesn't display for that reason...
>
>> >
>> >> I'm using Word 2002 running XP Pro and I have a document that includes
>> >> mail
>> >> merge info from an ODS (Ms Access).
>> >>
>> >> All is working fine excep that the reviewer's comments are not
>> >> apearing
>> >> as a
>> >> balloon on the right. The balloons for the edits are showing up and I
>> >> can
>> >> read the comment in the lower pane view, but without the balloon I'm
>> >> afraid
>> >> other reviewers will miss this comment....
>>
>
> Cindy Meister
> INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
> http://www.word.mvps.org
>
> This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
> reply
> in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)
>


Missing Comments Balloon?!