I need a download for word..



uncducks or (doug)
07-09-2005, 11:01 PM
I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I can go
to,to download Word? Thank you

P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am learning.
--
uncducks

Charles Kenyon
07-09-2005, 11:01 PM
All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial version. The
trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If you
qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and Teachers
version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get Word is in the
Works Suite.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of
Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide

See also the MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word which is awesome!
--------- --------- --------- --------- --------- ---------
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies
and questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"uncducks or (doug)" <uncducksordoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:A7479386-29CE-4190-9020-DCFA60AF2F9E@microsoft.com...
>I have windows XP2 and want to down load Word.Is there any links I can go
> to,to download Word? Thank you
>
> P.S. I am not to good at finding things on here yet but I am learning.
> --
> uncducks

Amedee Van Gasse
07-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Charles Kenyon shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

> All you could download is either the Word viewer or a trial version.
> The trial version is only good for 60 days and is a huge download. If
> you qualify, you might want to check into purchasing the Student and
> Teachers version of Office. Otherwise, the least expensive way to get
> Word is in the Works Suite.

Do you want MS Word, a word processor made by Microsoft?
Or do you want a word processor, no matter who wrote it?

If you really, really don't want to pay for "a" word processor, you can
download OpenOffice: http://openoffice.org. There are more important
reasons to use OpenOffice. Money is the least important reason.

I only give you this suggestion because you explicitly write you want
to download which implies you don't want to pay for it. If you do want
to spend money, please buy Microsoft Word.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Pop
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse" <nzrqrr.ina.tnffr@rztebhc.or> wrote
in message
news:xn0e2fttef76sn001@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Charles Kenyon shared this with us in
> microsoft.public.word.newusers:
>
>> All you could download is either the Word viewer or
>> a trial version.
>> The trial version is only good for 60 days and is a
>> huge download. If
>> you qualify, you might want to check into purchasing
>> the Student and
>> Teachers version of Office. Otherwise, the least
>> expensive way to get
>> Word is in the Works Suite.
>
> Do you want MS Word, a word processor made by
> Microsoft?
> Or do you want a word processor, no matter who wrote
> it?
>
> If you really, really don't want to pay for "a" word
> processor, you can
> download OpenOffice: http://openoffice.org. There are
> more important
> reasons to use OpenOffice. Money is the least
> important reason.
>
> I only give you this suggestion because you
> explicitly write you want
> to download which implies you don't want to pay for
> it. If you do want
> to spend money, please buy Microsoft Word.
>
> --
> Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
>
Or, WordPad might suffice, too, especially if he's a
newbie to word pocessing. But if he needs the "full"
Word feature set, OpenOffice won't provide it; he'll
need Word, unfortunately.
That's not a dig at OpenOffice, Write, or any of the
open sources; I wanted to use OO, but, well, not yet
<g>.

Pop

Amedee Van Gasse
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

> Or, WordPad might suffice, too, especially if he's a
> newbie to word pocessing. But if he needs the "full"
> Word feature set, OpenOffice won't provide it; he'll
> need Word, unfortunately.
> That's not a dig at OpenOffice, Write, or any of the
> open sources; I wanted to use OO, but, well, not yet
> <g>.

99% of what people *use*, is also provided by OpenOffice 2.0
99% of what people *need*, is also provided by WordPad.

Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly in the
newsgroups. ;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Pop
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
"Amedee Van Gasse" <nzrqrr.ina.tnffr@rztebhc.or> wrote
in message
news:xn0e2o6vjbetl5000@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Pop shared this with us in
> microsoft.public.word.newusers:
>
>> Or, WordPad might suffice, too, especially if he's a
>> newbie to word pocessing. But if he needs the
>> "full"
>> Word feature set, OpenOffice won't provide it; he'll
>> need Word, unfortunately.
>> That's not a dig at OpenOffice, Write, or any of
>> the
>> open sources; I wanted to use OO, but, well, not yet
>> <g>.
>
> 99% of what people *use*, is also provided by
> OpenOffice 2.0
> 99% of what people *need*, is also provided by
> WordPad.
>
> Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
> in the
> newsgroups. ;-)
>
> --
> Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
>

Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
<g>, but:
good observation, and one that's easy to forget.

Regards,

Pop

Amedee Van Gasse
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

> > 99% of what people use, is also provided by
> > OpenOffice 2.0
> > 99% of what people need, is also provided by
> > WordPad.
> >
> > Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
> > in the
> > newsgroups. ;-)
> >
>
> Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
> <g>, but:
> good observation, and one that's easy to forget.
>
> Regards,
>
> Pop

80% of all statistics are made up.
;-)

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Rumor has it that 51% of Amedee's stats are made up. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]



"Amedee Van Gasse" <nzrqrr.ina.tnffr@rztebhc.or> wrote in message
news:xn0e2pd6yqqkd001@msnews.microsoft.com...
> Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
>
>> > 99% of what people use, is also provided by
>> > OpenOffice 2.0
>> > 99% of what people need, is also provided by
>> > WordPad.
>> >
>> > Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
>> > in the
>> > newsgroups. ;-)
>> >
>>
>> Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
>> <g>, but:
>> good observation, and one that's easy to forget.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Pop
>
> 80% of all statistics are made up.
> ;-)
>
> --
> Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

TF
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Worse: Amedee is a spin doctor for Linux!

Terry

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:j7GdnYCeAavQdAjfRVn-iQ@suscom.com...
: Rumor has it that 51% of Amedee's stats are made up. ;-)
:
: --
:
: JoAnn Paules
: MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
:
:
:
: "Amedee Van Gasse" <nzrqrr.ina.tnffr@rztebhc.or> wrote in message
: news:xn0e2pd6yqqkd001@msnews.microsoft.com...
: > Pop shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:
: >
: >> > 99% of what people use, is also provided by
: >> > OpenOffice 2.0
: >> > 99% of what people need, is also provided by
: >> > WordPad.
: >> >
: >> > Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
: >> > in the
: >> > newsgroups. ;-)
: >> >
: >>
: >> Hmmm, I thinks them thar numbers is a teeny bit skewed
: >> <g>, but:
: >> good observation, and one that's easy to forget.
: >>
: >> Regards,
: >>
: >> Pop
: >
: > 80% of all statistics are made up.
: > ;-)
: >
: > --
: > Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
:
:

Daiya Mitchell
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
Nothin' wrong with that...


On 5/26/05 9:31 AM, "TF" wrote:

> Worse: Amedee is a spin doctor for Linux!
>
> Terry
>
> "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_amerson@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:j7GdnYCeAavQdAjfRVn-iQ@suscom.com...
> : Rumor has it that 51% of Amedee's stats are made up. ;-)
> :
> : --
> :
> : JoAnn Paules
> : MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> :
> :
> :
> : "Amedee Van Gasse" <nzrqrr.ina.tnffr@rztebhc.or> wrote in message
> : news:xn0e2pd6yqqkd001@msnews.microsoft.com...

> : >
> : >> > 99% of what people use, is also provided by
> : >> > OpenOffice 2.0
> : >> > 99% of what people need, is also provided by
> : >> > WordPad.
> : >> >
> : >> > Ergo it's the remaining 1% that we see here regularly
> : >> > in the
> : >> > newsgroups. ;-)
> : >> >

Amedee Van Gasse
07-09-2005, 11:02 PM
TF shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

> Worse: Amedee is a spin doctor for Linux!

Nope. Only for Free Software. I can't help it that Linux happens to be
Free!

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1


I need a download for word..