Getting an Illegal Operation message????



Doug Mc
07-10-2005, 12:01 AM
I can't seem to overcome this problem.
Does anyone have a solution?

The following is the "details" to the message....
Thanks,
Doug
+++++++++++++++++++++++
WINWORD caused an invalid page fault in
module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21.
Registers:
EAX=000044e9 CS=0167 EIP=653aac21 EFLGS=00210282
EBX=65350218 SS=016f ESP=0062e720 EBP=0062e764
ECX=0000000f DS=016f ESI=004242a8 FS=1927
EDX=00000000 ES=016f EDI=0062e77d GS=0000
Bytes at CS:EIP:
02 00 00 83 6c 24 04 08 e9 d4 00 00 00 83 6c 24
Stack dump:
6519879e 0041444c 004242a8 004196f0 65173a68 00000000 0044b310 65101ccc
7ffce00c 0044b310 65182e12 0044b310 00000000 00000000 00000000 00414450
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Cindy M -WordMVP-
07-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Hi Doug,

There's a set of articles in the Knowledge Base that
discusses how to deal with IPFs (Invalid Page Faults) in
Word. Since an IPF often (not always, but often) is the
result of a conflict on the system, there's no single
cut-and-dried solution, you have to do some investigating.
The articles lead you through the trouble-shooting process.
Start here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236
319

You may also want to go to the msdn website on
microsoft.com and run a search on: Word IPF
Then look at the list of hits for anything specific to your
version of Word (which you sadly didn't mention), just in
case it's a known problem.

> I can't seem to overcome this problem.
> Does anyone have a solution?
>
> WINWORD caused an invalid page fault in
> module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21.
>

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Doug Mc
07-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Thank you Cindy,
I apologize for not including the fact that it's MSOffice 97.

I went to the Knowledge Base and searched on MSOffice - Invalid Page Fault.
Couldn't get anything back.

Do you have other ideas?



"Cindy M -WordMVP-" <C.Meister-C@hispeed.ch> wrote in message
news:VA.0000ad1a.00807fef@speedy...
> Hi Doug,
>
> There's a set of articles in the Knowledge Base that
> discusses how to deal with IPFs (Invalid Page Faults) in
> Word. Since an IPF often (not always, but often) is the
> result of a conflict on the system, there's no single
> cut-and-dried solution, you have to do some investigating.
> The articles lead you through the trouble-shooting process.
> Start here:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236
> 319
>
> You may also want to go to the msdn website on
> microsoft.com and run a search on: Word IPF
> Then look at the list of hits for anything specific to your
> version of Word (which you sadly didn't mention), just in
> case it's a known problem.
>
> > I can't seem to overcome this problem.
> > Does anyone have a solution?
> >
> > WINWORD caused an invalid page fault in
> > module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21.
> >
>
> Cindy Meister
> INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
> Jun 8 2004)
> http://www.word.mvps.org
>
> This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
> follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
> :-)
>

Cindy M -WordMVP-
07-10-2005, 12:01 AM
Hi Doug,

> I apologize for not including the fact that it's MSOffice 97.
>
> I went to the Knowledge Base and searched on MSOffice - Invalid Page Fault.
> Couldn't get anything back.
>
The link I gave you should have provided useful information, but this one is
the general trouble-shooter for Word 97

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;168198

For additional articles, go to the msdn site and search on this:
Wd97 IPF

You can try this link (should give you the search results):
http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?view=msdn&st=b&na=82&qu=Wd97+
IPF&s=1

> > There's a set of articles in the Knowledge Base that
> > discusses how to deal with IPFs (Invalid Page Faults) in
> > Word. Since an IPF often (not always, but often) is the
> > result of a conflict on the system, there's no single
> > cut-and-dried solution, you have to do some investigating.
> > The articles lead you through the trouble-shooting process.
> > Start here:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;236
> > 319
> >
> > You may also want to go to the msdn website on
> > microsoft.com and run a search on: Word IPF
> > Then look at the list of hits for anything specific to your
> > version of Word (which you sadly didn't mention), just in
> > case it's a known problem.
> >
> > > I can't seem to overcome this problem.
> > > Does anyone have a solution?
> > >
> > > WINWORD caused an invalid page fault in
> > > module OLEAUT32.DLL at 0167:653aac21.
> > >
> >
> > Cindy Meister
> > INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
> > http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
> > Jun 8 2004)
> > http://www.word.mvps.org
> >
> > This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
> > follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
> > :-)
> >
>

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update Jun 8 2004)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or
reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)


Getting an Illegal Operation message????