my laptop



aaron.kempf@gmail.com
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
Authentication.

And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.

3 weeks later.

I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.

Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.

And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.

I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but he
was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett Jenkins
responsible for my laptop.

I can't get a straight answer on:

a) who has my laptop
b) what they are doing with it
c) when I will have it returned to me.

If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was the
purchase price.

Aaron Kempf
aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
aaron.kempf@gmail.com

aaron.kempf@gmail.com
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
again

his email address is B R E T T J @ M I C R O S O F T . C O M

and i insist that he goes to jail for THEFT of my personal property.

Bigbruva
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Aaron this is NOT the correct forum for your person problems!

Please be a professional and deal with this directly with the involved
parties!

BB
<aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1116872483.238366.159810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
> Authentication.
>
> And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.
>
> 3 weeks later.
>
> I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.
>
> Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.
>
> And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.
>
> I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but he
> was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett Jenkins
> responsible for my laptop.
>
> I can't get a straight answer on:
>
> a) who has my laptop
> b) what they are doing with it
> c) when I will have it returned to me.
>
> If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was the
> purchase price.
>
> Aaron Kempf
> aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
> aaron.kempf@gmail.com
>

Tom Pepper Willett
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
If you *were* a microsoft employee, and this email is indicative of your
character, it's no wonder you were fired.

You must have worked in the snack shop.

Tom
<aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1116872483.238366.159810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
| so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
| Authentication.
|
| And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.
|
| 3 weeks later.
|
| I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.
|
| Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.
|
| And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.
|
| I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but he
| was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett Jenkins
| responsible for my laptop.
|
| I can't get a straight answer on:
|
| a) who has my laptop
| b) what they are doing with it
| c) when I will have it returned to me.
|
| If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was the
| purchase price.
|
| Aaron Kempf
| aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
| aaron.kempf@gmail.com
|

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
I would recommend:

1) Call the police and report the incident ASAP
2) Send a certified letter to Microsoft's management, saying that this is a
retaliation act and as such and if not deal with in 24 hours you will begin
legal actions. You also have a good case, because anytime an employer
demonstrates retaliation you can also hit upon a hostile environment.

Suit their butts...


-Im


aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote:

> so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
> Authentication.
>
> And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.
>
> 3 weeks later.
>
> I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.
>
> Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.
>
> And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.
>
> I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but he
> was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett Jenkins
> responsible for my laptop.
>
> I can't get a straight answer on:
>
> a) who has my laptop
> b) what they are doing with it
> c) when I will have it returned to me.
>
> If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was the
> purchase price.
>
> Aaron Kempf
> aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
> aaron.kempf@gmail.com

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Tom Pepper Willett wrote:

> If you *were* a microsoft employee, and this email is indicative of your
> character, it's no wonder you were fired.
>
> You must have worked in the snack shop.
>
> Tom
> <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1116872483.238366.159810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> | so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
> | Authentication.
> |
> | And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.
> |
> | 3 weeks later.
> |
> | I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.
> |
> | Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.
> |
> | And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.
> |
> | I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but he
> | was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett Jenkins
> | responsible for my laptop.
> |
> | I can't get a straight answer on:
> |
> | a) who has my laptop
> | b) what they are doing with it
> | c) when I will have it returned to me.
> |
> | If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was the
> | purchase price.
> |
> | Aaron Kempf
> | aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
> | aaron.kempf@gmail.com
> |


How so? Anytime an employerr keeps your personal property it is called
RETALIATION. IT IS ILLEGAL!

I do not see any reason to label him badly...

-IM

Tom Pepper Willett
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
You have no idea whether this is a former MS employee or not.
You have no idea whether this person had the things happened he claimed.
You have no idea what is behind the post.
You have no idea whether this is the appropriate forum for any of these
comments or action.

Based upon what I saw in the post, my reply was just a relevant and
appropriate as yours.

"Imhotep" <NoSpam@nothanks.net> wrote in message
news:rIske.29$_36.17@fed1read03...
| Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
|
| > If you *were* a microsoft employee, and this email is indicative of your
| > character, it's no wonder you were fired.
| >
| > You must have worked in the snack shop.
| >
| > Tom
| > <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
| > news:1116872483.238366.159810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
| > | so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
| > | Authentication.
| > |
| > | And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.
| > |
| > | 3 weeks later.
| > |
| > | I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.
| > |
| > | Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.
| > |
| > | And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.
| > |
| > | I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but he
| > | was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett Jenkins
| > | responsible for my laptop.
| > |
| > | I can't get a straight answer on:
| > |
| > | a) who has my laptop
| > | b) what they are doing with it
| > | c) when I will have it returned to me.
| > |
| > | If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was
the
| > | purchase price.
| > |
| > | Aaron Kempf
| > | aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
| > | aaron.kempf@gmail.com
| > |
|
|
| How so? Anytime an employerr keeps your personal property it is called
| RETALIATION. IT IS ILLEGAL!
|
| I do not see any reason to label him badly...
|
| -IM

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Imhotep wrote:

> I would recommend:
>
> 1) Call the police and report the incident ASAP
> 2) Send a certified letter to Microsoft's management, saying that this is
> a retaliation act and as such and if not deal with in 24 hours you will
> begin legal actions. You also have a good case, because anytime an
> employer demonstrates retaliation you can also hit upon a hostile
> environment.
>
> Suit their butts...
>
>
> -Im
>
>
> aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
>> Authentication.
>>
>> And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.
>>
>> 3 weeks later.
>>
>> I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.
>>
>> Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.
>>
>> And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.
>>
>> I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but he
>> was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett Jenkins
>> responsible for my laptop.
>>
>> I can't get a straight answer on:
>>
>> a) who has my laptop
>> b) what they are doing with it
>> c) when I will have it returned to me.
>>
>> If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was the
>> purchase price.
>>
>> Aaron Kempf
>> aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
>> aaron.kempf@gmail.com



....also, if you do sue them, sue them for the lost time not able to find a
job because you laptop was not returned in a timely fashion.

-Im

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Tom Pepper Willett wrote:

> You have no idea whether this is a former MS employee or not.
> You have no idea whether this person had the things happened he claimed.
> You have no idea what is behind the post.
> You have no idea whether this is the appropriate forum for any of these
> comments or action.
>
> Based upon what I saw in the post, my reply was just a relevant and
> appropriate as yours.

NO. You are assuming more than he said. I am judging him on WHAT he said.
You know what they say about assuming don't you?

-Im

> "Imhotep" <NoSpam@nothanks.net> wrote in message
> news:rIske.29$_36.17@fed1read03...
> | Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
> |
> | > If you *were* a microsoft employee, and this email is indicative of
> | > your character, it's no wonder you were fired.
> | >
> | > You must have worked in the snack shop.
> | >
> | > Tom
> | > <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> | > news:1116872483.238366.159810@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> | > | so.. i got fired from Microsoft.. for complaining about SQL Server
> | > | Authentication.
> | > |
> | > | And my manager from Microsoft still has my laptop.
> | > |
> | > | 3 weeks later.
> | > |
> | > | I demand that Microsoft returns my laptop to me immediately.
> | > |
> | > | Brett Jenkins (BrettJ@microsoft.com) is a liar and a thief.
> | > |
> | > | And I need my laptop restored to me immediately.
> | > |
> | > | I was working in building 22... I was working under Brian Cyr; but
> | > | he was on a 4-week break when I was terminated; and I hold Brett
> | > | Jenkins responsible for my laptop.
> | > |
> | > | I can't get a straight answer on:
> | > |
> | > | a) who has my laptop
> | > | b) what they are doing with it
> | > | c) when I will have it returned to me.
> | > |
> | > | If Microsoft would like to KEEP my laptop; i demand $1309 which was
> the
> | > | purchase price.
> | > |
> | > | Aaron Kempf
> | > | aaron_kempf@hotmail.com
> | > | aaron.kempf@gmail.com
> | > |
> |
> |
> | How so? Anytime an employerr keeps your personal property it is called
> | RETALIATION. IT IS ILLEGAL!
> |
> | I do not see any reason to label him badly...
> |
> | -IM

aaron.kempf@gmail.com
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
team

microsoft finally responded... thank you for your audience :)

the police woudn't do anything about it. kinda pissed me off.

-aaron

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote:

> team
>
> microsoft finally responded... thank you for your audience :)
>
> the police woudn't do anything about it. kinda pissed me off.
>
> -aaron

They should have, someone has possession of your property and will not
release it...the police are not following the law in this case.

Good to see you got your laptop back...or will get it back

-IM

Paul Adare
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
In article <B5uke.42$_36.19@fed1read03>, in the
microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
says...

> They should have, someone has possession of your property and will not
> release it...the police are not following the law in this case.
>

Curious as to where you got your law degree from.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine
http://www.identit.ca/blogs/paul/
Scientists were excited this week at having isolated a brief sound which
occurred immediately before the Big Bang.
Apparently, the sound was, "uh oh".

Paul Adare
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
In article <1116892475.067311.97900@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, in
the microsoft.public.security news group, <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
says...

> team
>

Sorry, but you're not part of any team that I'm on.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine
http://www.identit.ca/blogs/paul/
Scientists were excited this week at having isolated a brief sound which
occurred immediately before the Big Bang.
Apparently, the sound was, "uh oh".

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Paul Adare wrote:

> In article <1116892475.067311.97900@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, in
> the microsoft.public.security news group, <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
> says...
>
>> team
>>
>
> Sorry, but you're not part of any team that I'm on.
>

First, after hearing your comments, I personally would not want to be on
your "team" either...

Second, why are you such a jerk? try loosening your underwear some...

-Im

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Paul Adare wrote:

> In article <B5uke.42$_36.19@fed1read03>, in the
> microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> says...
>
>> They should have, someone has possession of your property and will not
>> release it...the police are not following the law in this case.
>>
>
> Curious as to where you got your law degree from.
>



....probably the same place you got your "I'm a judgemental loser" degree
from...

-Im

Paul Adare
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
In article <k0vke.47$_36.23@fed1read03>, in the
microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
says...

> Paul Adare wrote:
>
> > In article <B5uke.42$_36.19@fed1read03>, in the
> > microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> > says...
> >
> >> They should have, someone has possession of your property and will not
> >> release it...the police are not following the law in this case.
> >>
> >
> > Curious as to where you got your law degree from.
> >
>
>
>
> ...probably the same place you got your "I'm a judgemental loser" degree
> from

Exactly what I expected from you. Glad to see that you're predictable.

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine
http://www.identit.ca/blogs/paul/
Scientists were excited this week at having isolated a brief sound which
occurred immediately before the Big Bang.
Apparently, the sound was, "uh oh".

Paul Adare
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
In article <J_uke.45$_36.11@fed1read03>, in the
microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
says...

> Paul Adare wrote:
>
> > In article <1116892475.067311.97900@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, in
> > the microsoft.public.security news group, <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
> > says...
> >
> >> team
> >>
> >
> > Sorry, but you're not part of any team that I'm on.
> >
>
> First, after hearing your comments, I personally would not want to be on
> your "team" either...

Comments? I've made two contributions to this thread, one of which was a
comment, the other was a question. Are you having some trouble telling
the difference between the two? If so, I can recommend some great books
on beginning grammar.

>
> Second, why are you such a jerk? try loosening your underwear some...

So, only your opinion matters in these threads?

--
Paul Adare
MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine
http://www.identit.ca/blogs/paul/
Scientists were excited this week at having isolated a brief sound which
occurred immediately before the Big Bang.
Apparently, the sound was, "uh oh".

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Paul Adare wrote:

> In article <J_uke.45$_36.11@fed1read03>, in the
> microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> says...
>
>> Paul Adare wrote:
>>
>> > In article <1116892475.067311.97900@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>, in
>> > the microsoft.public.security news group, <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>
>> > says...
>> >
>> >> team
>> >>
>> >
>> > Sorry, but you're not part of any team that I'm on.
>> >
>>
>> First, after hearing your comments, I personally would not want to be on
>> your "team" either...
>
> Comments? I've made two contributions to this thread, one of which was a
> comment, the other was a question. Are you having some trouble telling
> the difference between the two? If so, I can recommend some great books
> on beginning grammar.

Your comment about "team" was uncalled for. If any company would not give me
back my property I would be angry also and rightfully so. Do you disagree?


>>
>> Second, why are you such a jerk? try loosening your underwear some...
>
> So, only your opinion matters in these threads?

Again, if I disagree, I will politely disagree unless it is someone like
you. Your "opinion" about being on a "team" was not an opinion but an
attempt at a cheap shot...and a very lame one at that.

-Im

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Paul Adare wrote:

> In article <k0vke.47$_36.23@fed1read03>, in the
> microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> says...
>
>> Paul Adare wrote:
>>
>> > In article <B5uke.42$_36.19@fed1read03>, in the
>> > microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
>> > says...
>> >
>> >> They should have, someone has possession of your property and will not
>> >> release it...the police are not following the law in this case.
>> >>
>> >
>> > Curious as to where you got your law degree from.
>> >
>>
>>
>>
>> ...probably the same place you got your "I'm a judgemental loser" degree
>> from
>
> Exactly what I expected from you. Glad to see that you're predictable.
>

Ah, the old "reverse psychology" play...how very predictable of you...

-Im

Roger Abell
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
And how do you know the details of contract signed and agreements made
in return for using that property on the corporate network ??

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows Security)
MCSE (W2k3,W2k,Nt4) MCDBA
"Paul Adare" <padare@newsguy.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1cfc3d0b335da8ba989d81@msnews.microsoft.com...
> In article <B5uke.42$_36.19@fed1read03>, in the
> microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> says...
>
> > They should have, someone has possession of your property and will not
> > release it...the police are not following the law in this case.
> >
>
> Curious as to where you got your law degree from.
>
> --
> Paul Adare
> MVP - Windows - Virtual Machine
> http://www.identit.ca/blogs/paul/
> Scientists were excited this week at having isolated a brief sound which
> occurred immediately before the Big Bang.
> Apparently, the sound was, "uh oh".

Roger Abell
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Guys - this is so o o OT this NG is starting to look like the
MCSE cert NGs I finally abandoned some years back / / / '=)

--
Roger
"Imhotep" <NoSpam@nothanks.net> wrote in message
news:1evke.51$_36.31@fed1read03...
> Paul Adare wrote:
>
> > In article <k0vke.47$_36.23@fed1read03>, in the
> > microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> > says...
> >
> >> Paul Adare wrote:
> >>
> >> > In article <B5uke.42$_36.19@fed1read03>, in the
> >> > microsoft.public.security news group, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> >> > says...
> >> >
> >> >> They should have, someone has possession of your property and will
not
> >> >> release it...the police are not following the law in this case.
> >> >>
> >> >
> >> > Curious as to where you got your law degree from.
> >> >
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> ...probably the same place you got your "I'm a judgemental loser"
degree
> >> from
> >
> > Exactly what I expected from you. Glad to see that you're predictable.
> >
>
> Ah, the old "reverse psychology" play...how very predictable of you...
>
> -Im

Jason
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
* aaron.kempf@gmail.com <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>:
> again
>
> his email address is B R E T T J @ M I C R O S O F T . C O M
>
> and i insist that he goes to jail for THEFT of my personal property.
>

Just cause the company gave you the laptop when you worked there doesn't
mean it's yours. It's still company property

Jason

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Roger Abell wrote:

> And how do you know the details of contract signed and agreements made
> in return for using that property on the corporate network ??
>


....I believe "that" property was his...not the company's

-Im

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Roger Abell wrote:

> Guys - this is so o o OT this NG is starting to look like the
> MCSE cert NGs I finally abandoned some years back / / / '=)
>

Yes, you are right we are way off topic...

Anyway, to the OP I am glad you got your property back.

-Im

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Jason wrote:

> * aaron.kempf@gmail.com <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>:
>> again
>>
>> his email address is B R E T T J @ M I C R O S O F T . C O M
>>
>> and i insist that he goes to jail for THEFT of my personal property.
>>
>
> Just cause the company gave you the laptop when you worked there doesn't
> mean it's yours. It's still company property
>
> Jason

What makes you think he got the laptop from the company. I do not believe he
said that in his post. I believe he said it was his *and* he had the
receipts...

-Im

Jason
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
* Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>:
> Jason wrote:
>
>> * aaron.kempf@gmail.com <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>:
>>> again
>>>
>>> his email address is B R E T T J @ M I C R O S O F T . C O M
>>>
>>> and i insist that he goes to jail for THEFT of my personal property.
>>>
>>
>> Just cause the company gave you the laptop when you worked there doesn't
>> mean it's yours. It's still company property
>>
>> Jason
>
> What makes you think he got the laptop from the company. I do not believe he
> said that in his post. I believe he said it was his *and* he had the
> receipts...
>
> -Im

Because I see way way too many users who think just because we,the
company, put a computer on thier desk or a laptop in thier hands they
think it's THIER computer and not the companies.

Jason

aaron.kempf@gmail.com
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
laptop.

do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not a
ms-sissy any longer?

i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
something like that?

-aaron
ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
for Windows sales)

and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
available on reliable operating systems lol

Tom Pepper Willett
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
You have a character issue. Not credibility gap.
You are a true loser.

<aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1117060243.409905.224780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
| bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
| laptop.
|
| do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not a
| ms-sissy any longer?
|
| i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
| something like that?
|
| -aaron
| ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
| sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
| for Windows sales)
|
| and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
| available on reliable operating systems lol
|

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Tom Pepper Willett wrote:

> You have a character issue. Not credibility gap.
> You are a true loser.
>
> <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1117060243.409905.224780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> | bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
> | laptop.
> |
> | do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not a
> | ms-sissy any longer?
> |
> | i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
> | something like that?
> |
> | -aaron
> | ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
> | sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
> | for Windows sales)
> |
> | and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
> | available on reliable operating systems lol
> |

....Personally *you* sound like a true loser. I have *not* had any issues
from what the OP has said. What I have seen is many losers, like yourself,
try and take "pot shots" at him for no reason what-so-ever. This is an act
of a *real* loser....

-Imhotep

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Tom Pepper Willett wrote:

> You have a character issue. Not credibility gap.
> You are a true loser.
>
> <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1117060243.409905.224780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
> | bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
> | laptop.
> |
> | do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not a
> | ms-sissy any longer?
> |
> | i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
> | something like that?
> |
> | -aaron
> | ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
> | sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
> | for Windows sales)
> |
> | and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
> | available on reliable operating systems lol
> |


....and furthermore, when I use the terminology (I hope that word is not too
big for your mental capacity) "MS zombie" I use it in reference to people
like you...idiot!

-Imhotep

Jeff Cochran
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
On 25 May 2005 15:30:43 -0700, aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote:

>bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
>laptop.
>
>do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not a
>ms-sissy any longer?
>
>i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
>something like that?

Why indeed? And how would we know? For all we can tell, you're a 13
year old girl with braces. Or maybe an ex-con using his mother's
internet account. Or a bored medical records clerk at the Mayo
clinic. That's the beauty of the internet, you can be anyone and
anything. Possibly even truthful.

The first post I see from you is a rant about Microsoft kicking you
out and keeping your laptop. Off topic at that. The language and
attitude exhibited in that and following posts becomes your
reputation, and it dosn't rank high on the trust meter. It does rank
high on the troll meter.

If you really worked at Microsoft, fine. If you really have a beef
with them, also fine. Just please go play somewhere else. Maybe they
won't keep your football when you wnat to go home.

Jeff


>-aaron
>ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
>sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
>for Windows sales)
>
>and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
>available on reliable operating systems lol

Jeff Cochran
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:41:17 -0700, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
wrote:

>Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
>
>> You have a character issue. Not credibility gap.
>> You are a true loser.
>>
>> <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1117060243.409905.224780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>> | bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
>> | laptop.
>> |
>> | do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not a
>> | ms-sissy any longer?
>> |
>> | i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
>> | something like that?
>> |
>> | -aaron
>> | ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
>> | sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
>> | for Windows sales)
>> |
>> | and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
>> | available on reliable operating systems lol
>> |
>
>...Personally *you* sound like a true loser. I have *not* had any issues
>from what the OP has said. What I have seen is many losers, like yourself,
>try and take "pot shots" at him for no reason what-so-ever. This is an act
>of a *real* loser....

*Plonk*

Jef

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Jeff Cochran wrote:

> On Wed, 25 May 2005 18:41:17 -0700, Imhotep <NoSpam@nothanks.net>
> wrote:
>
>>Tom Pepper Willett wrote:
>>
>>> You have a character issue. Not credibility gap.
>>> You are a true loser.
>>>
>>> <aaron.kempf@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> news:1117060243.409905.224780@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...
>>> | bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
>>> | laptop.
>>> |
>>> | do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not
>>> | a ms-sissy any longer?
>>> |
>>> | i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
>>> | something like that?
>>> |
>>> | -aaron
>>> | ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
>>> | sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
>>> | for Windows sales)
>>> |
>>> | and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
>>> | available on reliable operating systems lol
>>> |
>>
>>...Personally *you* sound like a true loser. I have *not* had any issues
>>from what the OP has said. What I have seen is many losers, like yourself,
>>try and take "pot shots" at him for no reason what-so-ever. This is an act
>>of a *real* loser....
>
> *Plonk*
>
> Jef

Don't hurt yourself there champ...self-inflicted wounds can be serious.

-Im

Imhotep
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Jeff Cochran wrote:

> On 25 May 2005 15:30:43 -0700, aaron.kempf@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>bud it's my laptop-- it was always my laptop; and it always will be my
>>laptop.
>>
>>do i really and honestly have a credibility gap-- just because im not a
>>ms-sissy any longer?
>>
>>i mean-- what gives; i say something.. why would i possibly lie about
>>something like that?
>
> Why indeed? And how would we know? For all we can tell, you're a 13
> year old girl with braces. Or maybe an ex-con using his mother's
> internet account. Or a bored medical records clerk at the Mayo
> clinic. That's the beauty of the internet, you can be anyone and
> anything. Possibly even truthful.

Ask yourself the question, why did you automatically assume he was *not*
being truthful? furthermore, if you thought he was not, why even bother
repling back to him instead of posting cheap pot shots?

> The first post I see from you is a rant about Microsoft kicking you
> out and keeping your laptop. Off topic at that. The language and
> attitude exhibited in that and following posts becomes your
> reputation, and it dosn't rank high on the trust meter. It does rank
> high on the troll meter.

Again, is it that he could not get back his laptop from a company or was it
*that* the company was Microsoft?

> If you really worked at Microsoft, fine. If you really have a beef
> with them, also fine. Just please go play somewhere else. Maybe they
> won't keep your football when you wnat to go home.

Jeff, you're just another troll yourself, furthermore you're just another MS
zombie. Let me give you some advice, if you think a poster is not legit,
ignore them. He, the OP, has every right to post here as do you,
unfortunately.

Stop being a loser, if it is possible.

-Im
>
> Jeff
>
>
>>-aaron
>>ms db nationalist (i wish that they would spin off access and
>>sqlserver-- because as it is; they sacrifice too many SQL Server sales
>>for Windows sales)
>>
>>and who knows; maybe the worlds' best database (sql 2005) would be
>>available on reliable operating systems lol

Tom Pepper Willett
07-09-2005, 11:52 PM
Interesting, especially after reading *your* reply to the OP. Pot calling
kettle black.

Even more interesting, given the style you use to respond to posters in the
IIS newsgroups...using sarcasm and condecension.

Tom



| >...Personally *you* sound like a true loser. I have *not* had any issues
| >from what the OP has said. What I have seen is many losers, like
yourself,
| >try and take "pot shots" at him for no reason what-so-ever. This is an
act
| >of a *real* loser....
|
| *Plonk*
|
| Jef

she_wants_to_know_all
07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Jason,

since you seem a little cooler in the head than Aaron.(lol) I had a laptop
question for you. I am changing jobs and my company let me "borrow" their
laptop for me to do my job. However until I was talking to various people, I
didnt realize that all my websites, files, and downloads, and Yahoo (email
and Messanger) stuff is stored still in my hidden folders or "cache" I
delete all my temp folders every day...but know i am worried about my
previous boses or that the IT person, can see everything I did and said, and
looked at. Not that it was anything really "bad"..i just dont think it is
their business to see anything. I want to keep all the programs that were
originally installed in the computer and keep the outlook business emails.
anything personal went to my yahoo email.

any suggestions?

Thanks,
K
--
she_wants_to_know_all


"Jason" wrote:

> * aaron.kempf@gmail.com <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>:
> > again
> >
> > his email address is B R E T T J @ M I C R O S O F T . C O M
> >
> > and i insist that he goes to jail for THEFT of my personal property.
> >
>
> Just cause the company gave you the laptop when you worked there doesn't
> mean it's yours. It's still company property
>
> Jason
>

she_wants_to_know_all
07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Jason,

I am leaving my company I have a laptop. I am giving the laptop back to my
company but want to delete all my personal files, downloads, webpages viewed
and anything yahoo emails or messangers msgs that was sent. I delete my temp
internet files everyday, but i was told that in hidden files their still
there and the IT person at our company can view them if he wanted to.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
K


--
she_wants_to_know_all


"Jason" wrote:

> * aaron.kempf@gmail.com <aaron.kempf@gmail.com>:
> > again
> >
> > his email address is B R E T T J @ M I C R O S O F T . C O M
> >
> > and i insist that he goes to jail for THEFT of my personal property.
> >
>
> Just cause the company gave you the laptop when you worked there doesn't
> mean it's yours. It's still company property
>
> Jason
>

Shenan Stanley
07-09-2005, 11:53 PM
she_wants_to_know_all wrote:
> I am leaving my company I have a laptop. I am giving the laptop back
> to my company but want to delete all my personal files, downloads,
> webpages viewed and anything yahoo emails or messangers msgs that was
> sent. I delete my temp internet files everyday, but i was told that
> in hidden files their still there and the IT person at our company
> can view them if he wanted to.

Well.. If formatting is not an option and/or the company requires the
laptop to be in a usable state (in other words you couldn't use a drive-wipe
application from a CD boot or something and blow away everything on the
system with a 14 pass wipe and give it back to them to reinstall from
scratch..) then you could create a new user (administrative) and delete all
files from the old user's documents and settings sub-directory(your other
username) as well as run a disk cleanup and erase all temp/log files.. Turn
off/on system restore to get rid of all of those and uninstall any
applications you installed.

But the sure way is the disk-wipe and return to them to have an OS
reinstalled.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP
--


my laptop