are the emoticons dangerous???



roberto
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
This is an small discussion here on my office about this. We agree in this
point: THE LINKS... u must click to "download" the emoticons are a potencial
danger. But the emoticon itself...could contain some malicious code inside??
I have my doubts about it...and i have no a strong opinion in this point. I
think that the MSN emoticons are made on XARA but what about the others??

Robert
CUBA

Catamount
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Being an email/Network Admin I scream at the thought of letting my users
use these. One, it can only be used in HTML emails and are usually
attached. Anyone who does run any type of file blocking block HTM and
HTML as well as URL attachments as it is a great way for viruses to get
in. Also, for a business, it isn't exactly professional. So we have
many reasons NOT to allow them.


roberto wrote:
> This is an small discussion here on my office about this. We agree in this
> point: THE LINKS... u must click to "download" the emoticons are a potencial
> danger. But the emoticon itself...could contain some malicious code inside??
> I have my doubts about it...and i have no a strong opinion in this point. I
> think that the MSN emoticons are made on XARA but what about the others??
>
> Robert
> CUBA
>
>

Mark Randall
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
I don't know...

Negotiating a business contract perhaps?

CEO 1: :D Hi, im very happy to see you!
CEO 2: (Y) Lets get down to business

--
- Mark Randall
http://zetech.swehli.com

"Catamount" <Nope@spam.no> wrote in message
news:u5yBkxXgFHA.2840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Being an email/Network Admin I scream at the thought of letting my users
> use these. One, it can only be used in HTML emails and are usually
> attached. Anyone who does run any type of file blocking block HTM and
> HTML as well as URL attachments as it is a great way for viruses to get
> in. Also, for a business, it isn't exactly professional. So we have many
> reasons NOT to allow them.
>
>
> roberto wrote:
>> This is an small discussion here on my office about this. We agree in
>> this
>> point: THE LINKS... u must click to "download" the emoticons are a
>> potencial
>> danger. But the emoticon itself...could contain some malicious code
>> inside??
>> I have my doubts about it...and i have no a strong opinion in this point.
>> I
>> think that the MSN emoticons are made on XARA but what about the others??
>>
>> Robert
>> CUBA
>>

Catamount
07-09-2005, 10:50 PM
Mark Randall wrote:
> I don't know...
>
> Negotiating a business contract perhaps?
>
> CEO 1: :D Hi, im very happy to see you!
> CEO 2: (Y) Lets get down to business
>

God knows it would happen too...soon they will be talking lik ethis too...

CEO 1: U R 133+ so is u'r hackzor programs!
CEO 2: d00d!


are the emoticons dangerous???