Outlook Express Custom mail provider



Alain
07-09-2005, 11:21 PM
Hi,

is there a way to develop a custom mail provider and integrate it into
Outlook Express ? I have seen some interfaces on the MSDN (for example
IImnAccount) but they are all marked as "deprecated".

Thanks in advance
Alain

Michael Santovec
07-09-2005, 11:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by "custom mail provider".

Do you mean you want to add a type of mail server support other than POP3, IMAP or HTTP?

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Alain" <alainza.remove@removetoo.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:eligOJEXFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Hi,
>
> is there a way to develop a custom mail provider and integrate it into Outlook Express ?
> I have seen some interfaces on the MSDN (for example IImnAccount) but they are all
> marked as "deprecated".
>
> Thanks in advance
> Alain
>
>

Alain
07-09-2005, 11:21 PM
yes, that's the idea.

Thanks,

Alain


"Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in message
news:epXPdOMXFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> I'm not sure what you mean by "custom mail provider".
>
> Do you mean you want to add a type of mail server support other than POP3,
> IMAP or HTTP?
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
>
>
> "Alain" <alainza.remove@removetoo.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eligOJEXFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> Hi,
>>
>> is there a way to develop a custom mail provider and integrate it into
>> Outlook Express ? I have seen some interfaces on the MSDN (for example
>> IImnAccount) but they are all marked as "deprecated".
>>
>> Thanks in advance
>> Alain
>>
>>
>
>

Michael Santovec
07-09-2005, 11:22 PM
I don't believe there is any way to do that in OE.

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Alain" <alainza.remove@removetoo.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:OPNXL5QXFHA.3340@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> yes, that's the idea.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alain
>
>
> "Michael Santovec" <michael_santovec@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> news:epXPdOMXFHA.3188@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "custom mail provider".
>>
>> Do you mean you want to add a type of mail server support other than POP3, IMAP or
>> HTTP?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm
>>
>>
>> "Alain" <alainza.remove@removetoo.hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:eligOJEXFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> is there a way to develop a custom mail provider and integrate it into Outlook Express
>>> ? I have seen some interfaces on the MSDN (for example IImnAccount) but they are all
>>> marked as "deprecated".
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance
>>> Alain
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
>


Outlook Express Custom mail provider