Importing Emails from a .dbx file



Lynn
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Hello,

My wife uses Outlook Express for her email. We recently bought a new
computer so I went to the old one and exported her 880 emails to an
inbox.dbx file. I moved that file to the new computer but I cannot find how
to import the old emails from that file.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
Stuart

Jim Pickering
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
See the info at this link for all you need to know about backup/restore
operations for Outlook Express:
http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6

Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped. No
one gets paid to help here, and the response rate from those that are helped
is less than 4-5%. If that were how medical advancements were made we would
all have died years ago. Thanks.


"Lynn" <lynn_mont@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:%23LkpfgNWFHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
>
> My wife uses Outlook Express for her email. We recently bought a new
> computer so I went to the old one and exported her 880 emails to an
> inbox.dbx file. I moved that file to the new computer but I cannot find
> how to import the old emails from that file.
>
> Can anybody help?
>
> Thanks,
> Stuart
>

Lynn
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
The website you referenced had exactly what I needed. It took a bit of
looking but I found the answer there.

I am now out of the doghouse. My next task - find some way to make my wife
delete old emails.

Thans very much,
Stuart

"Jim Pickering" <jim.pickering@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:OY9EV1NWFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> See the info at this link for all you need to know about backup/restore
> operations for Outlook Express:
> http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
> --
> Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6
>
> Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped. No
> one gets paid to help here, and the response rate from those that are
> helped is less than 4-5%. If that were how medical advancements were made
> we would all have died years ago. Thanks.
>
>
> "Lynn" <lynn_mont@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:%23LkpfgNWFHA.2684@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> Hello,
>>
>> My wife uses Outlook Express for her email. We recently bought a new
>> computer so I went to the old one and exported her 880 emails to an
>> inbox.dbx file. I moved that file to the new computer but I cannot find
>> how to import the old emails from that file.
>>
>> Can anybody help?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Stuart
>>
>

Jim Pickering
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Glad it worked for you and thanks for the feedback. Good luck on keeping
your wife "happy."
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6


"Lynn" <lynn_mont@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:%23EjYRCOWFHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> The website you referenced had exactly what I needed. It took a bit of
> looking but I found the answer there.
>
> I am now out of the doghouse. My next task - find some way to make my
> wife delete old emails.
>
> Thans very much,
> Stuart
>
> "Jim Pickering" <jim.pickering@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:OY9EV1NWFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> See the info at this link for all you need to know about backup/restore
>> operations for Outlook Express:
>> http://www.insideoe.com/backup/index.htm
>> --
>> Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
>> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6


Importing Emails from a .dbx file