OE does not print out images only get small boxes like placeholder



Brian Newland
07-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I have a form that is created in our in house software that has text boxes
and fields. I can send this email using Outlook 2000/xp/2003 and the
receiver can read and print the document. Users of Outlook Express 6.0 with
XP SP2 can read the emails in OE with all the images filled in with the text
boxes and fields. The problem is that when I go to print off this OE email
the images or text boxes from the email are not being pulled down. I've
looked into installing all the recent OE patches that have been released by
MS in the last 12 months. The strange thing is that an Outlook user can
print the email just fine but not an OE user.

I have adjusted all the settings in OE like displaying HTML, do not block
images, and show pictures in Internet Explorer settings. I don't know if its
a problem with the sender of the email or the receiver of the email's
settings.

Please help. I know that you OE saavy players have seen this problem.
Thanks.

DGuess
07-09-2005, 10:20 PM
"Brian Newland" <BrianNewland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E21C6659-423C-4544-916A-FAE22CF7218C@microsoft.com...
>I have a form that is created in our in house software that has text boxes
> and fields. I can send this email using Outlook 2000/xp/2003 and the
> receiver can read and print the document. Users of Outlook Express 6.0
> with
> XP SP2 can read the emails in OE with all the images filled in with the
> text
> boxes and fields. The problem is that when I go to print off this OE
> email
> the images or text boxes from the email are not being pulled down. I've
> looked into installing all the recent OE patches that have been released
> by
> MS in the last 12 months. The strange thing is that an Outlook user can
> print the email just fine but not an OE user.
>
> I have adjusted all the settings in OE like displaying HTML, do not block
> images, and show pictures in Internet Explorer settings. I don't know if
> its
> a problem with the sender of the email or the receiver of the email's
> settings.
>
> Please help. I know that you OE saavy players have seen this problem.
> Thanks.



Did you try the "Print background colors and images" in IE's Tools |
Internet Options | Advasnced tab | Printing section?

IE controls the printing in OE.

Also, clear the TIF and check the box to delete offline contents in the
General tab.

Brian Newland
07-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I actually didn't have that setting enabled on IE but it still proved not to
be the solution to my problem. OE still prints out only the headers and
titles of the form not the text boxes or fields with the data in them. Would
you have to have this checked for the sender of the email for it to print out
correctly with the receiver.

"DGuess" wrote:

> "Brian Newland" <BrianNewland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E21C6659-423C-4544-916A-FAE22CF7218C@microsoft.com...
> >I have a form that is created in our in house software that has text boxes
> > and fields. I can send this email using Outlook 2000/xp/2003 and the
> > receiver can read and print the document. Users of Outlook Express 6.0
> > with
> > XP SP2 can read the emails in OE with all the images filled in with the
> > text
> > boxes and fields. The problem is that when I go to print off this OE
> > email
> > the images or text boxes from the email are not being pulled down. I've
> > looked into installing all the recent OE patches that have been released
> > by
> > MS in the last 12 months. The strange thing is that an Outlook user can
> > print the email just fine but not an OE user.
> >
> > I have adjusted all the settings in OE like displaying HTML, do not block
> > images, and show pictures in Internet Explorer settings. I don't know if
> > its
> > a problem with the sender of the email or the receiver of the email's
> > settings.
> >
> > Please help. I know that you OE saavy players have seen this problem.
> > Thanks.
>
>
>
> Did you try the "Print background colors and images" in IE's Tools |
> Internet Options | Advasnced tab | Printing section?
>
> IE controls the printing in OE.
>
> Also, clear the TIF and check the box to delete offline contents in the
> General tab.
>
>
>
>

Jim Pickering
07-09-2005, 10:20 PM
Are you absolutely certain the images are attached to the message?
Highlight the message and then press Ctrl+F3 and scroll down after the text
to see if the images involved are attached and have a CID (Content ID)
number. If they are attached, can you save the image files to your hard
drive and will they then print?
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6

Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped. No
one gets paid to help here, and the response rate from those that are helped
is less than 4-5%. If that were how medical advancements were made we would
all have died years ago. Thanks.


"Brian Newland" <BrianNewland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:13D01BA5-6090-41CB-9309-5FAB780B8A0C@microsoft.com...
>I actually didn't have that setting enabled on IE but it still proved not
>to
> be the solution to my problem. OE still prints out only the headers and
> titles of the form not the text boxes or fields with the data in them.
> Would
> you have to have this checked for the sender of the email for it to print
> out
> correctly with the receiver.
>


OE does not print out images only get small boxes like placeholder