SQLMail and OE Issue



George
07-09-2005, 10:19 PM
I had a problem executing OE. I tried all of the remedies you guys suggested
including the registry changes to the identities key. Nothing worked.
I am running SQL Server 2000 Developer edition on my desktop. I had
originally
noticed this problem when I began experimenting with SQL Mail. I thought
that was
coincidental. Guess what? It wasn’t. Out of desperation after spending about
12 hours on this I looked at the mail setup on SQL Server. I had the
SQLServerAgent service running under an Account that connected it with
SQLMail.
As soon as I changed that to the System Account OE began working again with
no
problems! Two things are possible my SQL Mail set up was not correct or there
is a problem with running the SQLServerAgent service with e-mail
capabilities on
the same machine as OE. Even if the first is true it should not crash another
application. It is possible that the second is not true of the Standard or
Enterprise editions but the Developer edition is supposed to be the same as
the
Enterprise edition except for licensing. It is more likely that it is not an
issue
because OE is not installed or not used on many servers running SQL Server.
I don’t have time to research this but I thought I would make this possible
bug known if it is not already an issue.


SQLMail and OE Issue