Picture resizing



Allan
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I know I have done this before but have forgotten. How am I able to send a
picture, not as an attachment, but just the picture in the email and have it
resized to fit the email and not be so big/

Many Thanks
Allan

Raoul
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Go to http://www.picasa.com and download the free utility. Really good
software to resize all the pictures you want.

Create and message and within the body, click on Insert and browse to find
the picture you want, then click on it.

"Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:082D5F2D-7D3D-42AD-8221-81E22148EA9A@microsoft.com...
I know I have done this before but have forgotten. How am I able to send a
picture, not as an attachment, but just the picture in the email and have it
resized to fit the email and not be so big/

Many Thanks
Allan

PA Bear
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Disable or Enable Resize Graphic - Send To (Line 269, Left)
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

Allan wrote:
> I know I have done this before but have forgotten. How am I able to send a
> picture, not as an attachment, but just the picture in the email and have
> it resized to fit the email and not be so big/
>
> Many Thanks
> Allan

Michael Santovec
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
If you are using HTML format and do an Insert, Picture (rather than Insert, File
Attachment), you can drag the inserted picture corners to resize it.

Note that this just resizes how the picture displays. It does not change the file size.
So if you send a huge picture this way it will still make a huge message and take longer
to send and receive. This makes a difference if either you or the recipient is using a
dial-up connection or your ISP or the recipient's ISP or mail service put limits on
message sizes or mailbox sizes.

The other option is to resize the picture before sending to make it smaller. If you are
scanning an image for display on a monitor, setting the scanner resolution to about 100
DPI (dots per inch) is reasonable. If you have already have an image and want to make it
smaller, many image editing programs have such a function (often called resample, resize,
or stretch). It's important that you reduce the image number of pixels (picture
elements). Some programs offer an option to change the display resolution. This doesn't
alter the image or file size, it just tells display programs what resolution to use when
they display the image. Many display programs ignore that option and display at a fixed
resolution. Most scanners and digital cameras include a simple image editing program.
Depending on your version of Windows, you may be able to use the Windows Paint program.
Others are available at shareware sites. See the URL in my signature for links to
shareware sites. Also see:
Windows XP Image Resizer Power Toy
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powertoys.asp
File Viewer/Converter
http://www.irfanview.com/

--

Mike - http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm


"Allan" <Allan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:082D5F2D-7D3D-42AD-8221-81E22148EA9A@microsoft.com...
>I know I have done this before but have forgotten. How am I able to send a
> picture, not as an attachment, but just the picture in the email and have it
> resized to fit the email and not be so big/
>
> Many Thanks
> Allan

lang
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I use NikonViewer for resizing the pictures. On my PC, NikonViewer will
resize the selected pictures and bring up OE (or any default email program)
with the attachments inserted already. This is a really neat feature of
NikonViewer 6.

Now I am trying to get some help regarding my laptops' OE setup. For some
reason, NikonView6 is not working the same. It could not bring up OE(or any
other email programs) after resizing the pictures.... Maybe a corrupted
registry somewhere. ..

"Allan" wrote:

> I know I have done this before but have forgotten. How am I able to send a
> picture, not as an attachment, but just the picture in the email and have it
> resized to fit the email and not be so big/
>
> Many Thanks
> Allan

Jim Pickering
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Are you certain that Oulook Express is your default mail program? Have you
installed Outlook? Try re-registering Outlook Express as your default mail
program and see if that fixes the problem:

Go to Start | Run and type the following:

"C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\MSIMN.EXE" /reg
(Check the path to msimn.exe to make sure that is correct)

Make certain to include the quotations marks and the space between the
ending quotation mark and the slash.

Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools\Internet Options\Programs and
set OE as the default mail (and news) program.

--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6

Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped. No
one gets paid to help here, and the response rate from those that are helped
is less than 4-5%. If that were how medical advancements were made we would
all have died years ago. Thanks.





"lang" <lang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BCC503AE-A2BA-404A-B9B4-EAC7EB011400@microsoft.com...
>I use NikonViewer for resizing the pictures. On my PC, NikonViewer will
> resize the selected pictures and bring up OE (or any default email
> program)
> with the attachments inserted already. This is a really neat feature of
> NikonViewer 6.
>
> Now I am trying to get some help regarding my laptops' OE setup. For some
> reason, NikonView6 is not working the same. It could not bring up OE(or
> any
> other email programs) after resizing the pictures.... Maybe a corrupted
> registry somewhere. ..
>
> "Allan" wrote:
>
>> I know I have done this before but have forgotten. How am I able to send
>> a
>> picture, not as an attachment, but just the picture in the email and have
>> it
>> resized to fit the email and not be so big/
>>
>> Many Thanks
>> Allan

lang
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
I have tried using that command to fix the registry problem, then uninstall
and reinstall NikonView. That didnt help.

I am sure OE is my default mail program because I checked in IE->tools->
Internet Options->Programs. Also, on the NikonViewer gui for resizing and
emailing pictures it does say on the top of the popup window, email program
is Outlook Express.

Is there anything else that I can do?
BTW, I started a new question thread for this query.

"Jim Pickering" wrote:

> Are you certain that Oulook Express is your default mail program? Have you
> installed Outlook? Try re-registering Outlook Express as your default mail
> program and see if that fixes the problem:
>
> Go to Start | Run and type the following:
>
> "C:\PROGRAM FILES\OUTLOOK EXPRESS\MSIMN.EXE" /reg
> (Check the path to msimn.exe to make sure that is correct)
>
> Make certain to include the quotations marks and the space between the
> ending quotation mark and the slash.
>
> Then open Internet Explorer and go to Tools\Internet Options\Programs and
> set OE as the default mail (and news) program.
>
> --
> Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6
>
> Please deliver feedback to the newsgroup, so that others can be helped. No
> one gets paid to help here, and the response rate from those that are helped
> is less than 4-5%. If that were how medical advancements were made we would
> all have died years ago. Thanks.
>
>
>
>
>
> "lang" <lang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BCC503AE-A2BA-404A-B9B4-EAC7EB011400@microsoft.com...
> >I use NikonViewer for resizing the pictures. On my PC, NikonViewer will
> > resize the selected pictures and bring up OE (or any default email
> > program)
> > with the attachments inserted already. This is a really neat feature of
> > NikonViewer 6.
> >
> > Now I am trying to get some help regarding my laptops' OE setup. For some
> > reason, NikonView6 is not working the same. It could not bring up OE(or
> > any
> > other email programs) after resizing the pictures.... Maybe a corrupted
> > registry somewhere. ..
> >
> > "Allan" wrote:
> >
> >> I know I have done this before but have forgotten. How am I able to send
> >> a
> >> picture, not as an attachment, but just the picture in the email and have
> >> it
> >> resized to fit the email and not be so big/
> >>
> >> Many Thanks
> >> Allan
>
>

Jim Pickering
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Are you saving these images to your hard drive before attempting to email
them? Do you open Outlook Express and use its menu to send pictures? How
are you mailing these pictures and are they saved to your hard drive after
resizing? Many imaging programs require a Full MAPI client to send pictures
and Outlook Express is only a Simple MAPI client. Do you also have the
ability to use Outlook (a component of MS Office) or some other Full MAPI
compliant mail program? I'm not familiar with your program from Nikon and
have no idea if they actually ever tested it with Outlook Express. Have you
consulted any of their forums to see if others may be having similar
problems and have found methods to resolve them?

In general, it sounds as though your problem is with your imaging program
and not with Outlook Express.
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile=F9F51EF1-4AE3-4D23-B2D8-1171988A62D6


"lang" <lang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:25333E87-5741-4BFD-9510-B54C502B73C4@microsoft.com...
>I have tried using that command to fix the registry problem, then uninstall
> and reinstall NikonView. That didnt help.
>
> I am sure OE is my default mail program because I checked in IE->tools->
> Internet Options->Programs. Also, on the NikonViewer gui for resizing and
> emailing pictures it does say on the top of the popup window, email
> program
> is Outlook Express.
>
> Is there anything else that I can do?
> BTW, I started a new question thread for this query.
>
> "Jim Pickering" wrote:
>


Picture resizing