RE: printing



jsw
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Thanks for that.
Just had a look and there is no 'page set up' option under 'file'. Have gone
through all the options and preferances but can not fine the text string.

jon

"jsw" wrote:

> Hi all,
> Have been trying to sort out this problem for ages now.
>
> When I print a e-mail (new, draft etc) OE adds a top border which says "Just
> a Test" and the a long line.
> This text must have been typed in by someone somewhere. I just cant find
> where.
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>

mac
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
"jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D4A3FD9C-8D35-4EE0-9229-B8994EEE344E@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for that.
> Just had a look and there is no 'page set up' option under 'file'. Have
> gone
> through all the options and preferances but can not fine the text string.
>
> jon

Read it again then :-))
*Internet Explorer*

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.

jsw
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Ok i feel stupid :(

Anyway have deleted the header "&w&bPage &p of &P" and footer "&u&b&d" lines
but the text "just a test" is still printed along with the long line to the
edge of the page.

jon.

"mac" wrote:

>
> "jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D4A3FD9C-8D35-4EE0-9229-B8994EEE344E@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for that.
> > Just had a look and there is no 'page set up' option under 'file'. Have
> > gone
> > through all the options and preferances but can not fine the text string.
> >
> > jon
>
> Read it again then :-))
> *Internet Explorer*
>
> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. IE/OE.
>
>
>

mac
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
"jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:8EA435D4-9D1C-4E88-A237-22D07102A5AC@microsoft.com...
> Ok i feel stupid :(
>
> Anyway have deleted the header "&w&bPage &p of &P" and footer "&u&b&d"
> lines
> but the text "just a test" is still printed along with the long line to
> the
> edge of the page.
>
> jon.

No problem, I speed read far too much also :-)

Then that has to be a setting somewhere in your printer?

Give some details of your printer, then someone else may be able to help?
Also please give your Operating System XP Home, W98 etc.

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.

mac
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Also, does it print that line when printing from any other application, MS
Word etc, does it print that line when you print a web page, or only in OE
mails?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.

jsw
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
ok here is some more info.

There are 2 printers on the network HP 990cxi and HP laserjet 2200.
When I print to either, from this pc (win 2000), I get the extra header text
"just a test".
If I print from another machine (win 2000, XP) to either printer there is no
text.

I have looked at all the options under both printers etc but had no luck.

Thanks for any help.
Jon


"mac" wrote:

>
> "jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:8EA435D4-9D1C-4E88-A237-22D07102A5AC@microsoft.com...
> > Ok i feel stupid :(
> >
> > Anyway have deleted the header "&w&bPage &p of &P" and footer "&u&b&d"
> > lines
> > but the text "just a test" is still printed along with the long line to
> > the
> > edge of the page.
> >
> > jon.
>
> No problem, I speed read far too much also :-)
>
> Then that has to be a setting somewhere in your printer?
>
> Give some details of your printer, then someone else may be able to help?
> Also please give your Operating System XP Home, W98 etc.
>
> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. IE/OE.
>
>
>

mac
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
"jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A5A4F38F-D453-4AA1-A318-D0FB45AA5D11@microsoft.com...
> ok here is some more info.
>
> There are 2 printers on the network HP 990cxi and HP laserjet 2200.
> When I print to either, from this pc (win 2000), I get the extra header
> text
> "just a test".
> If I print from another machine (win 2000, XP) to either printer there is
> no
> text.
>
> I have looked at all the options under both printers etc but had no luck.


Thanks for that Jon, looks like it is that one machine and not either
printer then?

Answer the other 3 part question for us please:

"does it print that line when printing from any other application, MS Word
etc,
does it print that line when you print a web page,
or only in OE mails?

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.

mac
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Jon, try updating the HP drivers for the printers, on that affected machine.
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html


--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.

jsw
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi again.
The text and line only print when printing e-mails from OE.
The drivers are the lastest ones from the HP site only last month.

Just a bit more info i thought of:
The printer is connected to a pc via USB (also latest drivers). When
printing e-mails from this machine all is ok.
All other machines on the network (apart from the one I am using) print to
the printer ok.

It looks like there must be something on this machine which is adding the
text.

Thanks again for any help.
Jon


"mac" wrote:

> Also, does it print that line when printing from any other application, MS
> Word etc, does it print that line when you print a web page, or only in OE
> mails?
>
> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. IE/OE.
>
>
>

mac
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
"jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:10B47849-0F29-40A1-AC1D-DCF03017EB93@microsoft.com...
> Hi again.
> The text and line only print when printing e-mails from OE.
> The drivers are the lastest ones from the HP site only last month.
>
> Just a bit more info i thought of:
> The printer is connected to a pc via USB (also latest drivers). When
> printing e-mails from this machine all is ok.
> All other machines on the network (apart from the one I am using) print to
> the printer ok.
>
> It looks like there must be something on this machine which is adding the
> text.
>
> Thanks again for any help.
> Jon

Good morning, I am coming to the opinion that you have a stationery applied
somewhere/somehow? Do you have a third party printer driver/utility
installed, such as FinePrint?

First rule out OE & its stationery settings:
On the affected machine try OE>tools>options>send tab>mail sending
format>select plain text.
on the Read tab>select read all in plain text.
on the Compose tab>ensure that Stationery is not selected.
on the Send tab>deselect, reply in the same format.
Apply after each.

via Windows Explorer
Check for "just a test" stationery inside the Stationery folder at \Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Stationery

Do a search>files & folders>contains a word or phrase>"just a test"
Fingers crossed :-)

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.

jsw
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
Hi again.

Have done all in your previous message, and searched for the text but found
nothing.
Have no idea what to do next.

jon.

mac
07-09-2005, 11:20 PM
"jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7CE41A66-88FF-4117-A49D-2EAF8B5EB9AF@microsoft.com...
> Hi again.
>
> Have done all in your previous message, and searched for the text but
> found
> nothing.
> Have no idea what to do next.
>
> jon.

Write to me at macknever@fsmail.net I have been doing another line of
enquiry, but I do not want to post the details here yet.
Post here that you have written to me, then I will check my web-mail account
for the message, normally I just delete all mail that comes to it :-))
--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.

jsw
07-09-2005, 11:21 PM
ok done it.
Thanks
Jon

"mac" wrote:

>
> "jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7CE41A66-88FF-4117-A49D-2EAF8B5EB9AF@microsoft.com...
> > Hi again.
> >
> > Have done all in your previous message, and searched for the text but
> > found
> > nothing.
> > Have no idea what to do next.
> >
> > jon.
>
> Write to me at macknever@fsmail.net I have been doing another line of
> enquiry, but I do not want to post the details here yet.
> Post here that you have written to me, then I will check my web-mail account
> for the message, normally I just delete all mail that comes to it :-))
> --
> Regards Steve.
> MS-MVP. IE/OE.
>
>
>

mac
07-09-2005, 11:21 PM
"jsw" <jsw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0536D834-7835-414D-B35C-6CB548047962@microsoft.com...
> ok done it.
> Thanks
> Jon

Replied.

mac
07-09-2005, 11:21 PM
This problem is now solved, apparently it was the default OE user account
name that was printing :-)

He told me the following in a private mail:

Just to come clean though the text printed is "Chris Test" not "Just a
Test".

All this for a 'problem' that is in fact default printing behaviour. :-))

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. IE/OE.


RE: printing