IE6 hitchiker



ROY
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I picked up 2 hitchhickers on my IE that i have not been able to manualy
delete or get rid of with my spy ware software.

I have the (People on) and the (servedby advertising.com) hitchikers every
time i try to open my home page it tries to redirect it and i cant load new
web pages.

Things i have done to try to get rid of these two hitchhikers are:
1-Run, Spy Bot 1.2, NoAdware, XoftSpy and nortons 2005 antivirus all in the
Safe Mode with the system restore off.
2- Manualy delete the reg keys of the (people on) that is listed in the data
file of one it's document files.
3-with the pc in safe mode and using the pc's search manualy deleted the
files associated with these two hitchhikers. The servedby advertising.com was
mostly cookies and an auto updater but not able to find any reg keys
associated with this hitch hiker.

These two hitchhikers affect my ms ie6 and my mozilla search engine.

If I run all of my anti-spyware programs after booting up i can get enough
stability with my ie to actually get on line with limited graphics. I have
looked up both hitch hikers on Etrust spyware encyclopedia and it did'nt list
any manual delete options for the servedby hitch hiker and the people on
hitch hiker...

If any body has any ideas other than reformating my HD i would sure
appreciate the help.
Thanks Roy

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
"ROY" <ROY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7D8AD8C3-8066-4A59-B668-C71904AAEC02@microsoft.com
> I picked up 2 hitchhickers on my IE that i have not been able to
> manualy delete or get rid of with my spy ware software.
>
> I have the (People on) and the (servedby advertising.com) hitchikers
> every time i try to open my home page it tries to redirect it and i
> cant load new web pages.
>
> Things i have done to try to get rid of these two hitchhikers are:
> 1-Run, Spy Bot 1.2, NoAdware, XoftSpy and nortons 2005 antivirus all
> in the Safe Mode with the system restore off.
> 2- Manualy delete the reg keys of the (people on) that is listed in
> the data file of one it's document files.
> 3-with the pc in safe mode and using the pc's search manualy deleted
> the files associated with these two hitchhikers. The servedby
> advertising.com was mostly cookies and an auto updater but not able
> to find any reg keys associated with this hitch hiker.
>
> These two hitchhikers affect my ms ie6 and my mozilla search engine.
>
> If I run all of my anti-spyware programs after booting up i can get
> enough stability with my ie to actually get on line with limited
> graphics. I have looked up both hitch hikers on Etrust spyware
> encyclopedia and it did'nt list any manual delete options for the
> servedby hitch hiker and the people on hitch hiker...
>
> If any body has any ideas other than reformating my HD i would sure
> appreciate the help.
> Thanks Roy

run HijackThis; http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
HijackThis - Tutorial & FAQ;
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42

Register here: http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
log here: *(for expert analysis)*
http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/

ROY
07-09-2005, 11:17 PM
Frank
That was some awsome links u directed me to. I now have all the tools
and expert support to handle any type of spyware,malware & hitchicker. i cant
thank you enough enough.......
Thanks Roy

"Frank Saunders, MS-MVP IE/OE" wrote:

> "ROY" <ROY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:7D8AD8C3-8066-4A59-B668-C71904AAEC02@microsoft.com
> > I picked up 2 hitchhickers on my IE that i have not been able to
> > manualy delete or get rid of with my spy ware software.
> >
> > I have the (People on) and the (servedby advertising.com) hitchikers
> > every time i try to open my home page it tries to redirect it and i
> > cant load new web pages.
> >
> > Things i have done to try to get rid of these two hitchhikers are:
> > 1-Run, Spy Bot 1.2, NoAdware, XoftSpy and nortons 2005 antivirus all
> > in the Safe Mode with the system restore off.
> > 2- Manualy delete the reg keys of the (people on) that is listed in
> > the data file of one it's document files.
> > 3-with the pc in safe mode and using the pc's search manualy deleted
> > the files associated with these two hitchhikers. The servedby
> > advertising.com was mostly cookies and an auto updater but not able
> > to find any reg keys associated with this hitch hiker.
> >
> > These two hitchhikers affect my ms ie6 and my mozilla search engine.
> >
> > If I run all of my anti-spyware programs after booting up i can get
> > enough stability with my ie to actually get on line with limited
> > graphics. I have looked up both hitch hikers on Etrust spyware
> > encyclopedia and it did'nt list any manual delete options for the
> > servedby hitch hiker and the people on hitch hiker...
> >
> > If any body has any ideas other than reformating my HD i would sure
> > appreciate the help.
> > Thanks Roy
>
> run HijackThis; http://aumha.org/downloads/hijackthis.zip
> HijackThis - Tutorial & FAQ;
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtutorial=42
>
> Register here: http://aumha.net/profile.php?mode=register
> Once you have received your registration confirmation, post your HJT
> log here: *(for expert analysis)*
> http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=30
>
> --
> Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
> Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
> http://www.fjsmjs.com
> Protect your PC
> http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
> http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/
>
>
>

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
07-09-2005, 11:17 PM
"ROY" <ROY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:508A6EEA-B692-4F2D-BF2D-B7C2CE4E297A@microsoft.com
> Frank
> That was some awsome links u directed me to. I now have all the
> tools and expert support to handle any type of spyware,malware &
> hitchicker. i cant thank you enough enough.......
> Thanks Roy

You're welcome.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
Please respond in Newsgroup only. Do not send email
http://www.fjsmjs.com
Protect your PC
http://www.microsoft.com./athome/security/protect/default.aspx
http://defendingyourmachine.blogspot.com/


IE6 hitchiker