RSS & Tabbed Browsing on IE6?



RUMPLE
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things didnít make me
very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing ability
firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?



thank you :D

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-RSS-amp-Tabbed-Browsing-ftopict552904.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1753520

Wyoming Foam Hunter
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
RUMPLE wrote:
> I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things didnít make
> me very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing
> ability firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?

Wait until Longhorn comes out. From what I have read, they will
incorporate a tabbed browser in their next OS.

You can always install a freeware RSS reader or Mozilla's Thunderbird
Email program to handle RSS feeds.

I currently use the Sage Extension in Firefox for my RSS reading, but
I have installed both Thunderbird, and RSSReader
(http://www.rssreader.com/) on my system and they all work well.

Gregg
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
There are a couple of tabbed browsers, which use IE as their engine. Maxthon
and Avant Browsers are both built around IE and are excellent browsers. I
used Firefox for a while and really liked it at first. I am one that likes
to tinker with different programs always looking for something better or
different. For me Firefox was eventually just a distraction. I have come
full circle and once again feel IE does it better, but with a Maxthon or
Avant shell. There is tabbed browsing available now in IE with the MSN
Toolbar, but it is a little clumsy for my tastes. Maxthon has an RSS reader
built in.

Gregg

"RUMPLE" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
news:3_1753520_16fa21cc8e6afece26ad952499288c4b@windowsforumz.com...
>I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things didnít make me
> very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing ability
> firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?
>
>
>
> thank you :D
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-RSS-amp-Tabbed-Browsing-ftopict552904.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1753520

C A Upsdell
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
RUMPLE wrote:
> I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things didnít make me
> very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing ability
> firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?

IE7 will support both RSS and tabbed browsing.

Fuzzy Logic
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
"Gregg" <totfitNOSPAM@myway.com> wrote in
news:J8idnbauHIIBtFTfRVn-gQ@comcast.com:

> There are a couple of tabbed browsers, which use IE as their engine.
> Maxthon and Avant Browsers are both built around IE and are excellent
> browsers. I used Firefox for a while and really liked it at first. I am
> one that likes to tinker with different programs always looking for
> something better or different. For me Firefox was eventually just a
> distraction. I have come full circle and once again feel IE does it
> better, but with a Maxthon or Avant shell. There is tabbed browsing
> available now in IE with the MSN Toolbar, but it is a little clumsy for
> my tastes. Maxthon has an RSS reader built in.
>
> Gregg

Avant does RSS as well. I've a very happy Avant user for years.

> "RUMPLE" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:3_1753520_16fa21cc8e6afece26ad952499288c4b@windowsforumz.com...
>>I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things didnít make me
>> very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing ability
>> firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?
>>
>>
>>
>> thank you :D
>>
>> --
>> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
>> request
>> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>> Topic URL:
>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-RSS-amp-Tabbed-Browsing-ftopict552904.h
>> tml Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1753520
>
>

History Fan
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
>> IE7 will support both RSS and tabbed browsing.>>

Does this apply to the IE 7 that will be released for XP SP2? Or
just IE 7 for Longhorn? The latter browser will have more features.

C A Upsdell
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
History Fan wrote:
>>>IE7 will support both RSS and tabbed browsing.>>
>
>
> Does this apply to the IE 7 that will be released for XP SP2? Or
> just IE 7 for Longhorn? The latter browser will have more features.

XP SP2 and up, but IE7 for Longhorn will have richer RSS features.

For more about IE7, see http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/ .

RUMPLE
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
"" wrote:
> There are a couple of tabbed browsers, which use IE as their
> engine. Maxthon
> and Avant Browsers are both built around IE and are excellent
> browsers. I
> used Firefox for a while and really liked it at first. I am
> one that likes
> to tinker with different programs always looking for something
> better or
> different. For me Firefox was eventually just a distraction. I
> have come
> full circle and once again feel IE does it better, but with a
> Maxthon or
> Avant shell. There is tabbed browsing available now in IE with
> the MSN
> Toolbar, but it is a little clumsy for my tastes. Maxthon has
> an RSS reader
> built in.
>
> Gregg
>
> "RUMPLE" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:3_1753520_16fa21cc8e6afece26ad952499288c4b@windowsforumz.com...
> >I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things
> didnít make me
> > very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing
> ability
> > firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?
> >
> >
> >
> > thank you :D
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> > Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-RSS-amp-Tabbed-Browsing-ftopict552904.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1753520

Thank you for everyones suggestions, hoever, I believe I will wait for
longhorn to come out before I dabble. Iíve loaded firefox back and
were getting re-aquianted (spelling).

thanks again everyone

History Fan
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
> Thank you for everyones suggestions, hoever, I believe I will wait for
> longhorn to come out before I dabble. I've loaded firefox back and
> were getting re-aquianted (spelling).
>
> thanks again everyone

If your computer is running Windows XP, just wait a few months until
IE 7 is released. As C A Upsdell mentioned, it will have RSS and tabbed
browsing.

History Fan
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
> If your computer is running Windows XP, just wait a few months until
> IE 7 is released. As C A Upsdell mentioned, it will have RSS and tabbed
> browsing.
>

Perhaps I should have said Windows XP SP2.

Sparda
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
"C A Upsdell" wrote:
>RUMPLE wrote:
>> I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things didnít make
>me
>> very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing ability
>> firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?
>
>IE7 will support both RSS and tabbed browsing.

RSS yes, Tabbed browsing no

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-RSS-amp-Tabbed-Browsing-ftopict552904.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1754587

Sparda
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
"Sparda" wrote:
> [quote:a2d2524467="C A Upsdell"]RUMPLE wrote:
> > I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things
> didnít make me
> > very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing
> ability
> > firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?
>
> IE7 will support both RSS and tabbed
> browsing.[/quote:a2d2524467]
>
> RSS yes, Tabbed browsing no

i belive IE7 will not be released on XP, and will only be avalaible on
Longhorn

History Fan
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
IE 7 will be released to Windows XP SP2, probably near the end of the
year, and it will have tabbed browsing. This has already been confirmed by
the Microsoft engineers working on IE 7 beta.
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/05/26/422103.aspx

"Sparda" <DoNotEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
news:3_1754685_c78f53bb6540fb75f9a512e9e3e9efb7@windowsforumz.com...
> "Sparda" wrote:
> > [quote:a2d2524467="C A Upsdell"]RUMPLE wrote:
> > > I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things
> > didn't make me
> > > very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing
> > ability
> > > firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?
> >
> > IE7 will support both RSS and tabbed
> > browsing.[/quote:a2d2524467]
> >
> > RSS yes, Tabbed browsing no
>
> i belive IE7 will not be released on XP, and will only be avalaible on
> Longhorn

macho
07-09-2005, 11:16 PM
Gregg,

>I have come full circle and once again feel IE does it better, but with a
>Maxthon or Avant shell.

I can read xml feed from Avant browser. With Maxthon, there is "RSS feed"
under option.
I checked the option but I was not able to figure out where/how to read RSS
feeds. I don't see any icon/bar to read RSS feed with Maxthon. Could
you please help? Craig




"Gregg" <totfitNOSPAM@myway.com> wrote in message
news:J8idnbauHIIBtFTfRVn-gQ@comcast.com...
> There are a couple of tabbed browsers, which use IE as their engine.
> Maxthon and Avant Browsers are both built around IE and are excellent
> browsers. I used Firefox for a while and really liked it at first. I am
> one that likes to tinker with different programs always looking for
> something better or different. For me Firefox was eventually just a
> distraction. I have come full circle and once again feel IE does it
> better, but with a Maxthon or Avant shell. There is tabbed browsing
> available now in IE with the MSN Toolbar, but it is a little clumsy for my
> tastes. Maxthon has an RSS reader built in.
>
> Gregg
>
> "RUMPLE" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:3_1753520_16fa21cc8e6afece26ad952499288c4b@windowsforumz.com...
>>I want to go back to using IE from Firefox, some things didnít make me
>> very happy. Anyway, I loved the RSS and Tabbed Browsing ability
>> firefox has. Is this possible or something close with IE6?
>>
>>
>>
>> thank you :D
>>
>> --
>> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
>> request
>> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>> Topic URL:
>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-RSS-amp-Tabbed-Browsing-ftopict552904.html
>> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
>> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1753520
>
>


RSS & Tabbed Browsing on IE6?