Can't delete messages from inbox



07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Why can't I delete messages from my inbox. This just started happening.

Dick Mahar
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
<hailar@comcast.net> wrote in message news:FsGdnZN7ArsiMR_fRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
Why can't I delete messages from my inbox. This just started happening.

You should be able to Right Click...Delete on an unopened message, or
EDIT...Delete an opened message.

PA Bear
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
What inbox, where?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security

hailar@comcast.net wrote:
> Why can't I delete messages from my inbox. This just started happening.

07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
"Dick Mahar" <rmahar01@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:-6ydndyTz-6WIB_fRVn-oA@comcast.com...
>
> <hailar@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:FsGdnZN7ArsiMR_fRVn-vQ@comcast.com...
> Why can't I delete messages from my inbox. This just started happening.
>
> You should be able to Right Click...Delete on an unopened message, or
> EDIT...Delete an opened message.
>
>
>I have tried that. the email messages will not delete either by using the
>delete button or by right clicking then hitting the delete line.

07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
The inbox for my emails. I can no longer delete my emails when I am done
with them. I have tried using the delte key, right clicking on the message
tislef and by trying to move the message to the delete folder. Nothing
works.
"PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:eBDeOopVFHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> What inbox, where?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
>
> hailar@comcast.net wrote:
>> Why can't I delete messages from my inbox. This just started happening.

Gordon
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
hailar@comcast.net wrote:
|| The inbox for my emails. I can no longer delete my emails when I am
|| done with them. I have tried using the delte key, right clicking on
|| the message tislef and by trying to move the message to the delete
|| folder. Nothing works.

Can you delete emails from any other folders?

BTW, this group is for Internet Explorer which is NOT an email client. As
presumably you are using Outlook Express, you might want to look at this:

For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress (for OE 6), or
an OE help website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're
accessing the Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support
Services "Community Newsgroups" web interface, click
http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer
to get to the Internet Explorer groups, then click the plus sign next to
your version of IE to see the link to the Outlook Express group for that
version number. Good luck!


--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
Interim Systems and Management Accounting
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

PA Bear
07-09-2005, 11:03 PM
Outlook Express (OE)? Outlook? Eudora? Thunderbird? Web-page? Hotmail?

Assuming OE:

1. Close Preview pane and then try deleting.

2. Close OE > Delete the file named 'Deleted Items.dbx' from your identity's
store (http://www.insideoe.com/files/store.htm#storemain).

3. If still no joy, how many messages do you have in your Inbox folder?
--
OE6-specific newsgroup:
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress

~PA Bear

hailar@comcast.net wrote:
> The inbox for my emails. I can no longer delete my emails when I am done
> with them. I have tried using the delte key, right clicking on the
> message tislef and by trying to move the message to the delete folder.
> Nothing works.
>
> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:eBDeOopVFHA.2196@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > What inbox, where?
> > --
> > ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> > MS MVP-Windows (IE/OE) & Security
> >
> > hailar@comcast.net wrote:
> > > Why can't I delete messages from my inbox. This just started
> > > happening.


Can't delete messages from inbox