Re: Error when changing Internet security levels below medium



JT
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I did read that, and it tells me plenty, but it doesn't say if this
inability to lower the security is by design or if i've gt something else
going on. I've only noticed with my machine, I haven't run into this on any
client PC's yet. But, I wasn't looking either!

Ian
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
I have seen the same thing on 3 different XP SP2 machines, 2 home 1 Pro. I
think it is by design, but you should be able to go into Custom and reset to
Low or Medium-Low.
Yeh I read that MS doc to and it didn't do much to explain this issue. I
wish people would read posts before replying with the same standard replies.

No one on here has even bothered to assist me with all sites blocking
ActiveX - get more assistance from other forums than the Newsgroups.
Microsoft really should invest in proper product support because waiting for
these responses are killing us small PC servicing guys.


"JT" wrote:

>
> I did read that, and it tells me plenty, but it doesn't say if this
> inability to lower the security is by design or if i've gt something else
> going on. I've only noticed with my machine, I haven't run into this on any
> client PC's yet. But, I wasn't looking either!

Ramesh, MS-MVP
07-09-2005, 10:02 PM
---------------------------
Error
---------------------------
The recommended security level for this zone is "Medium".

The level that you have chosen is lower than this. Please
choose a security level of "Medium" or higher.
---------------------------
OK
---------------------------

The above error occurs if one alters the Security level slider to Low (or
Medium-Low), while the Recommended Level is set to 11000.

>> I wish people would read posts before replying with the same standard
>> replies.

I wish people would read the information in the KB thouroughly before making
such statements.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://windowsxp.mvps.org


"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:960D917D-211D-4D46-AE72-34DF3C5C55B6@microsoft.com...
>I have seen the same thing on 3 different XP SP2 machines, 2 home 1 Pro. I
> think it is by design, but you should be able to go into Custom and reset
> to
> Low or Medium-Low.
> Yeh I read that MS doc to and it didn't do much to explain this issue. I
> wish people would read posts before replying with the same standard
> replies.
>
> No one on here has even bothered to assist me with all sites blocking
> ActiveX - get more assistance from other forums than the Newsgroups.
> Microsoft really should invest in proper product support because waiting
> for
> these responses are killing us small PC servicing guys.
>
>
> "JT" wrote:
>
>>
>> I did read that, and it tells me plenty, but it doesn't say if this
>> inability to lower the security is by design or if i've gt something else
>> going on. I've only noticed with my machine, I haven't run into this on
>> any
>> client PC's yet. But, I wasn't looking either!


Re: Error when changing Internet security levels below medium