Time lapse video



Graham
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Is it possible to create time lapsed video using Windows movie maker 2? Is
there a effect that does this or can I alter the frame rate and then save the
movie?

Graham Hughes
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure what you exactly want to do here, so....
If you want to shoot time lapse stuff then you need a camera which will
record using a time lapse feature.
If you want to use video already shot and make it look like it was shot
using time lapse, then you can do this with movie maker, by removing a
certain number of frames at identical intervals. It'll take a while to do,
but easy enough.

Graham H.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com


"Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2A7D29E7-51B5-4318-B26B-FE7C99F67E12@microsoft.com...
> Is it possible to create time lapsed video using Windows movie maker 2? Is
> there a effect that does this or can I alter the frame rate and then save
> the
> movie?

Graham
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
Hi there,

Sorry for not being clearer. I have a video that I've already recorded and
want to make it look like it was taken with a camera on a time lapse setting.
I discovered the effect "Speed up, Double" but I haven't had time to try it
out yet - could I use this? If not I'm not quite sure how to create this
effect by your way of deleting frames - could you explain more please?

Thanks in advance.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> I'm not sure what you exactly want to do here, so....
> If you want to shoot time lapse stuff then you need a camera which will
> record using a time lapse feature.
> If you want to use video already shot and make it look like it was shot
> using time lapse, then you can do this with movie maker, by removing a
> certain number of frames at identical intervals. It'll take a while to do,
> but easy enough.
>
> Graham H.
>
> --
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
> www.dvds2treasure.com
> www.simplydv.com
>
>
> "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2A7D29E7-51B5-4318-B26B-FE7C99F67E12@microsoft.com...
> > Is it possible to create time lapsed video using Windows movie maker 2? Is
> > there a effect that does this or can I alter the frame rate and then save
> > the
> > movie?
>
>
>

Graham Hughes
07-09-2005, 10:00 PM
A time lapse recording will say record 1 frame every second.
A normal recording will record 25 frames every second (I'm in PAL) it may be
29.97 for you.
To make it look like time lapse you need frame one, remove frames 2 to 24,
use frame 25, remove frames 26 to 49 etc etc....
You can do this using the split function and then deleting the clip between
the two frames you require.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com


"Graham" <Graham @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9330182B-2779-451A-B3A3-11EB9E389285@microsoft.com...
> Hi there,
>
> Sorry for not being clearer. I have a video that I've already recorded and
> want to make it look like it was taken with a camera on a time lapse
> setting.
> I discovered the effect "Speed up, Double" but I haven't had time to try
> it
> out yet - could I use this? If not I'm not quite sure how to create this
> effect by your way of deleting frames - could you explain more please?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> "Graham Hughes" wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what you exactly want to do here, so....
>> If you want to shoot time lapse stuff then you need a camera which will
>> record using a time lapse feature.
>> If you want to use video already shot and make it look like it was shot
>> using time lapse, then you can do this with movie maker, by removing a
>> certain number of frames at identical intervals. It'll take a while to
>> do,
>> but easy enough.
>>
>> Graham H.
>>
>> --
>> Graham Hughes
>> MVP Digital Media
>> www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
>> www.dvds2treasure.com
>> www.simplydv.com
>>
>>
>> "Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:2A7D29E7-51B5-4318-B26B-FE7C99F67E12@microsoft.com...
>> > Is it possible to create time lapsed video using Windows movie maker 2?
>> > Is
>> > there a effect that does this or can I alter the frame rate and then
>> > save
>> > the
>> > movie?
>>
>>
>>


Time lapse video