WMP 10 could not play this video clip



losl(removethis)
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I have a video clip with the following spec:

1806Kbps, 29.970fps, 624x464 (4:3), DX50=DixXnetwork DIVX V5

I have divX codec for Windows 5.2.1.1328 installed in my WinXP Pro SP2
but WMP 10 could not play this clip. Anerror dialog saying " WMP cannot
play the file. One or more codec required to play the file could not be
found". How could I solve this problem?

--
********************************************************************************************************
Stephen Lo
Vancouver, BC., CA.

da_test
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:35:48 -0700, "losl(removethis)"
<"losl(removethis)"@canada.com> wrote:

>I have a video clip with the following spec:
>
>1806Kbps, 29.970fps, 624x464 (4:3), DX50=DixXnetwork DIVX V5
>
>I have divX codec for Windows 5.2.1.1328 installed in my WinXP Pro SP2
>but WMP 10 could not play this clip. Anerror dialog saying " WMP cannot
>play the file. One or more codec required to play the file could not be
>found". How could I solve this problem?
Have you tried playing it in mplayer2.exe ?
What about using Gspot to identify the missing codec(s) ?

Dave

losl(removethis)
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
On 28/05/05 13:04, da_test wrote:
> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:35:48 -0700, "losl(removethis)"
> <"losl(removethis)"@canada.com> wrote:
>
>
>>I have a video clip with the following spec:
>>
>>1806Kbps, 29.970fps, 624x464 (4:3), DX50=DixXnetwork DIVX V5
>>
>>I have divX codec for Windows 5.2.1.1328 installed in my WinXP Pro SP2
>>but WMP 10 could not play this clip. Anerror dialog saying " WMP cannot
>>play the file. One or more codec required to play the file could not be
>>found". How could I solve this problem?
>
> Have you tried playing it in mplayer2.exe ?
> What about using Gspot to identify the missing codec(s) ?
>
> Dave

Thank you for your response!

The clip could be played back in WMP Classic
(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358)
but not mplayer2.exe, an error saying "Class not registered
(Error=80040154)" came out.

The spec of the clip and my codecs info comes out in AVICodec. GSpot
2.21 reports 4CC is xvid, Name is Xvid and 3 compatible codecs
installed: Xvid MPEG-4 codec, DivX decodec filter and Xvid MPEG-4 video
decoder.

Any suggestion!

--
********************************************************************************************************
Stephen Lo
Vancouver, BC., CA.

da_test
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:45:25 -0700, "losl(removethis)"
<"losl(removethis)"@canada.com> wrote:

>On 28/05/05 13:04, da_test wrote:
>> On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:35:48 -0700, "losl(removethis)"
>> <"losl(removethis)"@canada.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>I have a video clip with the following spec:
>>>
>>>1806Kbps, 29.970fps, 624x464 (4:3), DX50=DixXnetwork DIVX V5
>>>
>>>I have divX codec for Windows 5.2.1.1328 installed in my WinXP Pro SP2
>>>but WMP 10 could not play this clip. Anerror dialog saying " WMP cannot
>>>play the file. One or more codec required to play the file could not be
>>>found". How could I solve this problem?
>>
>> Have you tried playing it in mplayer2.exe ?
>> What about using Gspot to identify the missing codec(s) ?
>>
>> Dave
>
>Thank you for your response!
>
>The clip could be played back in WMP Classic
>(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358)
>but not mplayer2.exe, an error saying "Class not registered
>(Error=80040154)" came out.
>
>The spec of the clip and my codecs info comes out in AVICodec. GSpot
>2.21 reports 4CC is xvid, Name is Xvid and 3 compatible codecs
>installed: Xvid MPEG-4 codec, DivX decodec filter and Xvid MPEG-4 video
>decoder.
>
>Any suggestion!
perhaps the problem is with the audio.
What does Gspot say?

losl(removethis)
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
On 29/05/05 11:11, da_test wrote:
> On Sat, 28 May 2005 14:45:25 -0700, "losl(removethis)"
> <"losl(removethis)"@canada.com> wrote:
>
>
>>On 28/05/05 13:04, da_test wrote:
>>
>>>On Fri, 27 May 2005 22:35:48 -0700, "losl(removethis)"
>>><"losl(removethis)"@canada.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>I have a video clip with the following spec:
>>>>
>>>>1806Kbps, 29.970fps, 624x464 (4:3), DX50=DixXnetwork DIVX V5
>>>>
>>>>I have divX codec for Windows 5.2.1.1328 installed in my WinXP Pro SP2
>>>>but WMP 10 could not play this clip. Anerror dialog saying " WMP cannot
>>>>play the file. One or more codec required to play the file could not be
>>>>found". How could I solve this problem?
>>>
>>>Have you tried playing it in mplayer2.exe ?
>>>What about using Gspot to identify the missing codec(s) ?
>>>
>>>Dave
>>
>>Thank you for your response!
>>
>>The clip could be played back in WMP Classic
>>(http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=82303&package_id=84358)
>>but not mplayer2.exe, an error saying "Class not registered
>>(Error=80040154)" came out.
>>
>>The spec of the clip and my codecs info comes out in AVICodec. GSpot
>>2.21 reports 4CC is xvid, Name is Xvid and 3 compatible codecs
>>installed: Xvid MPEG-4 codec, DivX decodec filter and Xvid MPEG-4 video
>>decoder.
>>
>>Any suggestion!
>
> perhaps the problem is with the audio.
> What does Gspot say?

mpeglayer3 (mp3) (0x0055) ISO/MPEG
56 kb/s (28/ch, stereo), 24000 Hz

Three campatible codecs installed:
Fraunhofer llS MPEG layer-3 Coder (Advance)
Moonlight odio Dekoder
MPEG Layer-3 Decoder

--
********************************************************************************************************
Stephen Lo
Vancouver, BC., CA.

da_test
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
On Sun, 29 May 2005 19:20:08 -0700, "losl(removethis)"
<"losl(removethis)"@canada.com> wrote:

>
>> perhaps the problem is with the audio.
>> What does Gspot say?
>
>mpeglayer3 (mp3) (0x0055) ISO/MPEG
>56 kb/s (28/ch, stereo), 24000 Hz
>
>Three campatible codecs installed:
> Fraunhofer llS MPEG layer-3 Coder (Advance)
> Moonlight odio Dekoder
> MPEG Layer-3 Decoder
Seems like it should play.
Try downloading graphedt from the Net and render
the file.
What is the filter chain?
The other possibility is to use virtualdub and create
a very small clip using direct copy.
Set it up from the first keyframe, perhaps to the next
keyframe. Post it somewhere so others can review it.
Dave

edward198301
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
I also met such kind of problems. My songs saved by WMP can't be played.
Every time I try to play them, WNP reads an error message...

"losl(removethis)" <"losl(removethis)" wrote:

> I have a video clip with the following spec:
>
> 1806Kbps, 29.970fps, 624x464 (4:3), DX50=DixXnetwork DIVX V5
>
> I have divX codec for Windows 5.2.1.1328 installed in my WinXP Pro SP2
> but WMP 10 could not play this clip. Anerror dialog saying " WMP cannot
> play the file. One or more codec required to play the file could not be
> found". How could I solve this problem?
>
> --
> ********************************************************************************************************
> Stephen Lo
> Vancouver, BC., CA.
>
>

losl(removethis)
07-09-2005, 09:59 PM
On 27/05/05 22:35, losl(removethis) wrote:
> I have a video clip with the following spec:
>
> 1806Kbps, 29.970fps, 624x464 (4:3), DX50=DixXnetwork DIVX V5
>
> I have divX codec for Windows 5.2.1.1328 installed in my WinXP Pro SP2
> but WMP 10 could not play this clip. Anerror dialog saying " WMP cannot
> play the file. One or more codec required to play the file could not be
> found". How could I solve this problem?
>

Problem solved after I installed the XP Codec Pack 1.2.1
got from www.xpcodecpack.com

Good luck!!

--
********************************************************************************************************
Stephen Lo
Vancouver, BC., CA.


WMP 10 could not play this video clip