RE: Column: Create a Story from a Single Still Photo with Photo Story



Greg
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
This was very helpful and will come in handy. One quick question... is there
a way to create title and credit slides that have a solid colored background.
My stories seem to start and end abrubtly without the benefit of opening and
closing title slides. Please advise.
Regards,
Greg

"Chris Norred [MSFT]" wrote:

> Create a Story from a Single Still Photo with Photo Story 3
>
> In this article, Lead Program Manager Vladimir Rovinsky describes how to
> create a mini story based on a single picture with Photo Story 3.
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/tips/create.mspx
>
> You can discuss the article in this thread.
>
> Chris Norred
> Tech Editor
> (This post provided as is and implies no warranties)
>

John Inzer
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
You could create a blank page with a
solid or patterned background in your
digital image editing progam. Save it
and enter it in your Photo Story just like
any other image.

There's some info at the following sites:

Beginner's Guide to Photo Story
http://www.windowsphotostory.com/

Photo Story 2 -
www.photostory.papajohn.org
--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP



"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:2919698C-0834-4751-82C6-A37B6341C168@microsoft.com...
> This was very helpful and will come in handy. One quick question... is
> there
> a way to create title and credit slides that have a solid colored
> background.
> My stories seem to start and end abrubtly without the benefit of opening
> and
> closing title slides. Please advise.
> Regards,
> Greg

Greg
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
John,
Thank you for your prompt reply. I was hoping to do this within Photo Story
3 but your solution is one I hadn't considered. Perhaps in future releases
they may consider the capability of adding blank slides that users can add
text to if they wish. Thanks too for the link in your reply. I will
bookmark it and use it for future reference.
All the best.
Greg

"John Inzer" wrote:

> You could create a blank page with a
> solid or patterned background in your
> digital image editing progam. Save it
> and enter it in your Photo Story just like
> any other image.
>
> There's some info at the following sites:
>
> Beginner's Guide to Photo Story
> http://www.windowsphotostory.com/
>
> Photo Story 2 -
> www.photostory.papajohn.org
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! MVP
>
>
>
> "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:2919698C-0834-4751-82C6-A37B6341C168@microsoft.com...
> > This was very helpful and will come in handy. One quick question... is
> > there
> > a way to create title and credit slides that have a solid colored
> > background.
> > My stories seem to start and end abrubtly without the benefit of opening
> > and
> > closing title slides. Please advise.
> > Regards,
> > Greg
>
>

John Inzer
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
You're welcome.

Maybe you should try Movie Maker...
it has more options. For adding Titles
in Movie Maker...go to...Tools / Titles
and Credits.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP



"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E82602BF-11B9-4826-8ED8-E6837B57E86A@microsoft.com...
> John,
> Thank you for your prompt reply. I was hoping to do this within Photo
> Story
> 3 but your solution is one I hadn't considered. Perhaps in future
> releases
> they may consider the capability of adding blank slides that users can add
> text to if they wish. Thanks too for the link in your reply. I will
> bookmark it and use it for future reference.
> All the best.
> Greg

Mark Coffman
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Glad you found the solution. Here it is for others who may need it:

http://www.windowsphotostory.com/Guides/TitleSlides/adding-a-tile-only-slide.aspx


RE: Column: Create a Story from a Single Still Photo with Photo Story