Cannot read photos from my cd



Parfait Zinsou
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
When I insert my photos's cd into my PC, I cannot read anything. Please,
help!!!!!
Parfait

John Inzer
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
More info please...

What, exactly...happens when you insert the
disk in your CD drive?

Do you receive an error?

Is this a disk you created on a different computer?

Is this a disk from a professional photo lab?

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP



"Parfait Zinsou" <zinsou@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:%23xAz2xdeFHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> When I insert my photos's cd into my PC, I cannot read anything. Please,
> help!!!!!
> Parfait
>

John Inzer
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
Have a look at this article:

(321641) How to Troubleshoot Issues with
Reading CD, CD-R, CD-RW, and DVD Discs
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321641

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP



"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
news:ev9W5AgeFHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> More info please...
>
> What, exactly...happens when you insert the
> disk in your CD drive?
>
> Do you receive an error?
>
> Is this a disk you created on a different computer?
>
> Is this a disk from a professional photo lab?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! MVP
>
>
>
> "Parfait Zinsou" <zinsou@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:%23xAz2xdeFHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> When I insert my photos's cd into my PC, I cannot read anything. Please,
>> help!!!!!
>> Parfait
>>
>

Deaf Sharon Ann
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
hello...i am no expert..but same thing happens to me from time to time...
my guess is that you "downloaded" from other computer (either your old
computer or friend's computer) and you inserted disc into drive..not showing
at all..that usually happens...or that your disc is old or scratched and not
have used it for long time...or that you have different windows..that
normally happens to me..if i had pics on discs from windows 98..then i got
new computer with windows xp..not always show any pics on disc onto that
computer...oh well...i have about 8 discs full of pics...mostly they not show
everything...but a folder with "empty"...or says can't find it or show it
(with x) oh well...
plus..if you got CD-R on pics...it not always good choice...better get CD-RW
discs (best brand for me is Maxwell with 80 min/700MB)...
if this not helpful at all, i am sorry...

"Parfait Zinsou" wrote:

> When I insert my photos's cd into my PC, I cannot read anything. Please,
> help!!!!!
> Parfait
>
>
>

John Inzer
07-09-2005, 10:56 PM
If you have CDs created on a Win98
machine that you cannot open on your
WinXP machine...the following info
might be useful:

(321640) CD-ROM Drive May Not Be Able
to Read a UDF-Formatted Disc in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=321640

Free...Adaptec UDF Reader Driver 5.1.1.213
http://download.com.com/3000-2100-9497911.html

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP



"Deaf Sharon Ann" <DeafSharonAnn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5C5D07C6-F742-4194-9895-2D1758900CF0@microsoft.com...
> hello...i am no expert..but same thing happens to me from time to time...
> my guess is that you "downloaded" from other computer (either your old
> computer or friend's computer) and you inserted disc into drive..not
> showing
> at all..that usually happens...or that your disc is old or scratched and
> not
> have used it for long time...or that you have different windows..that
> normally happens to me..if i had pics on discs from windows 98..then i got
> new computer with windows xp..not always show any pics on disc onto that
> computer...oh well...i have about 8 discs full of pics...mostly they not
> show
> everything...but a folder with "empty"...or says can't find it or show it
> (with x) oh well...
> plus..if you got CD-R on pics...it not always good choice...better get
> CD-RW
> discs (best brand for me is Maxwell with 80 min/700MB)...
> if this not helpful at all, i am sorry...


Cannot read photos from my cd