Re: More re: Windows Picture Viewer Problems



CraigD
07-09-2005, 09:56 PM
I have exactly the same problem, but when i got to "open with.." and scroll
down, the Windows Picture & Fax Viewer isnt on the list of programs, it seems
to be uninstalled. Please Help!!!!

"Yves Alarie" wrote:

> You can change from quick time to the viewer you want.
> Right click on a photo file.
> Click on Open with on the opening menu
> A list will open. Click on Choose program at the bottom of this list.
> A window will open, select Windows Picture and Fax viewer and then check the
> box "Always....
>
>
> "heinz" <heinz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:00FE5795-C8E0-4B59-9A84-202B44ED8400@microsoft.com...
> > Cynth , and Ramesh : I've exactly the same problem : no more pict &fax
> > viewer !
> > The pictures open in Quick Time , Apple : extremely inconvenient , as
> > you've got no slide show or zoom , you must click on each and every
> picture ;
> > talking about "quick" !!!
> > Also , lots of pictures seem to have been converted into bitmap .
> > WHY for pete's sake ??? An what to do now ?
> > Help from Microsoft could do no harm !
> >
> > Take care ! h
> >
> >
> >
> > "Cynth-" wrote:
> >
> > > I use my viewer almost every day and it has stopped functioning after
> SP2.
> > > I have read all the recent postings re: the picture and fax viewer not
> > > functioning to no avail. I have searched microsoft.com and can only
> find
> > > documentation.
> > >
> > > ???? Is it not possible to simply install a new viewer?
> > >
> > > Here are the details.....
> > > When I try to open a JPG I get the following error:
> > >
> > > "Windows cannot find c:\.....\file.jpg. Make sure you typed the name
> > > correctly then try again. To search for a file....etc."
> > >
> > > I can open the file in a photo editing program so I know it is not the
> file.
> > >
>
>
>

John Inzer
07-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Try the following:

Right click an image file and from the
menu...choose...Properties / General tab /
Change button...

Is "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" in the list?

If it is...select it and click...OK / Apply / OK.

If not...try the following...maybe it will
restore the option:

go to...Start / Run and type:

"REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL"
(without the quotes)(Yes, there's
a space between 2 and S)

Click...OK.

A dialog box should report the following:

"DllRegisterServer in SHIMGVW.DLL succeeded"

==========

Post your results.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP



"CraigD" <CraigD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:DE944BE8-7F0D-4369-AFDA-A94EA211ADA1@microsoft.com...
>I have exactly the same problem, but when i got to "open with.." and scroll
> down, the Windows Picture & Fax Viewer isnt on the list of programs, it
> seems
> to be uninstalled. Please Help!!!!

heinz
07-09-2005, 09:56 PM
" shim " etc works fine , I used it several times after having installed
IRFANVIEW , I keep wondering why people seem to dislike MS pict & fax viewer
- so thanks to you too , John !
Heinz

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Try the following:
>
> Right click an image file and from the
> menu...choose...Properties / General tab /
> Change button...
>
> Is "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer" in the list?
>
> If it is...select it and click...OK / Apply / OK.
>
> If not...try the following...maybe it will
> restore the option:
>
> go to...Start / Run and type:
>
> "REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL"
> (without the quotes)(Yes, there's
> a space between 2 and S)
>
> Click...OK.
>
> A dialog box should report the following:
>
> "DllRegisterServer in SHIMGVW.DLL succeeded"
>
> ==========
>
> Post your results.
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! MVP
>
>
>
> "CraigD" <CraigD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:DE944BE8-7F0D-4369-AFDA-A94EA211ADA1@microsoft.com...
> >I have exactly the same problem, but when i got to "open with.." and scroll
> > down, the Windows Picture & Fax Viewer isnt on the list of programs, it
> > seems
> > to be uninstalled. Please Help!!!!
>
>

johntheiguana
07-09-2005, 09:56 PM
Thanks to John for the tip about WP&CV.
I had all but given up in despair but,
having followed your advice, everything is back to normal.
Sorry if this post is rather boring, but I wanted you to
know that your advice is appreciated.


John Inzer Wrote:
> Try the following:
> ...maybe it will
> restore the option:
>
> go to...Start / Run and type:
>
> "REGSVR32 SHIMGVW.DLL"
> (without the quotes)(Yes, there's
> a space between 2 and S)
>
> Click...OK.
>
> A dialog box should report the following:
>
> "DllRegisterServer in SHIMGVW.DLL succeeded"
>
> ==========


--
johntheiguanaPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access

John Inzer
07-09-2005, 09:56 PM
You're welcome.

Thanks for the feedback.

--

John Inzer
MS Picture It! MVP


"johntheiguana" <johntheiguana.1rm26m@> wrote in message
news:7sCdnZuq9Ipf1lXfRVn_vg@giganews.com...
>
> Thanks to John for the tip about WP&CV.
> I had all but given up in despair but,
> having followed your advice, everything is back to normal.
> Sorry if this post is rather boring, but I wanted you to
> know that your advice is appreciated.


Re: More re: Windows Picture Viewer Problems