"Baby-sit" Downloads



25or6to4
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Hi
I use Lime Wire Pro ... after choosing which songs to download, when I leave
the page, it seems to go idle .. when I return, the choices seem to be
"waiting", even those that were downloading before.
I have set the pc display where there is NO screen-saver, and the pc and the
monitor set to stay "ON".
As long as I sit with the download page, I twidle my thumbes and watch.
I would like to know if there is ANY way I can set it to continue with the
progress when I left it..???
Also, I have another question that I will check with you later...don't won't
to "gab" about both yet.
---Thanks for any help ----
25or6to4

NoNoBadDog!
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
You will not find anyone to help you here. The use of any software to
facilitate the illegal sharing of copyrighted material is not condoned.
Anyone who would help you in an open forum such as this newsgroup becomes an
accessory to a federal crime.

What you are doing is illegal. The Supreme Court of the United States has
upheld the laws and regulations governing the theft of intellectual
property. The RIAA has prosecuted individuals in the past for downloading
and sharing music, and will continue to do so in the future.

My advice to you is to stop taking what is not rightfully yours. It is
because of people like you that those of us who obtain our music legally
have to pay more.

In closing, you should no that if you are convicted of illegally acquiring
or sharing copyrighted material, you can receive a federal conviction. You
would lose your right to vote, you would lose your right to hold certain
jobs, and of course your would have the stigma associated with it follow you
for the rest of your life.

If you want to build a music collection, buy it. Otherwise, you are just a
common, petty thief.

(Don't give me an answer about how I use Lime Wire to only transfer music my
band makes...
99.9% of the people who use LimeWire use it for one reason and one reason
only; to acquire software and/or music and video illegally).

Bobby



"25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A903148D-2742-45A6-B1BB-582E421DA640@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I use Lime Wire Pro ... after choosing which songs to download, when I
> leave
> the page, it seems to go idle .. when I return, the choices seem to be
> "waiting", even those that were downloading before.
> I have set the pc display where there is NO screen-saver, and the pc and
> the
> monitor set to stay "ON".
> As long as I sit with the download page, I twidle my thumbes and watch.
> I would like to know if there is ANY way I can set it to continue with the
> progress when I left it..???
> Also, I have another question that I will check with you later...don't
> won't
> to "gab" about both yet.
> ---Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4

theplectrum
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
"NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
news:%23LAHqc1eFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> You will not find anyone to help you here. The use of any software to
> facilitate the illegal sharing of copyrighted material is not condoned.
> Anyone who would help you in an open forum such as this newsgroup becomes
> an accessory to a federal crime.
>
> What you are doing is illegal. The Supreme Court of the United States has
> upheld the laws and regulations governing the theft of intellectual
> property. The RIAA has prosecuted individuals in the past for downloading
> and sharing music, and will continue to do so in the future.
>
> My advice to you is to stop taking what is not rightfully yours. It is
> because of people like you that those of us who obtain our music legally
> have to pay more.
>
> In closing, you should no that if you are convicted of illegally acquiring
> or sharing copyrighted material, you can receive a federal conviction.
> You would lose your right to vote, you would lose your right to hold
> certain jobs, and of course your would have the stigma associated with it
> follow you for the rest of your life.
>
> If you want to build a music collection, buy it. Otherwise, you are just
> a common, petty thief.
>
> (Don't give me an answer about how I use Lime Wire to only transfer music
> my band makes...
> 99.9% of the people who use LimeWire use it for one reason and one reason
> only; to acquire software and/or music and video illegally).
>
> Bobby
>
>
>
> "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A903148D-2742-45A6-B1BB-582E421DA640@microsoft.com...
>> Hi
>> I use Lime Wire Pro ... after choosing which songs to download, when I
>> leave
>> the page, it seems to go idle .. when I return, the choices seem to be
>> "waiting", even those that were downloading before.
>> I have set the pc display where there is NO screen-saver, and the pc and
>> the
>> monitor set to stay "ON".
>> As long as I sit with the download page, I twidle my thumbes and watch.
>> I would like to know if there is ANY way I can set it to continue with
>> the
>> progress when I left it..???
>> Also, I have another question that I will check with you later...don't
>> won't
>> to "gab" about both yet.
>> ---Thanks for any help ----
>> 25or6to4
>
>

Oooohhhh, consider me shocked ......... !

Personally I prefer WinMx or KazaaLite ......

Cheers,
Jerry

PS : ever heard of a free world, free choice etc ???

Byte
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
The Supreme Court decision was aimed at the illegal services provided
by Grokster, Napster, eDonkey, etc. Also, at people downloading complete
albums for copying and reselling them. I don't believe that the FBI will be
knocking down your door if you download a single 99cent favorite song for
personal use. I agree in part that it is illegal and thousands are doing it
which
could cost the Music and Movie industry millions. DJs nationwide download
whole albums for use in their business which is also illegal due to personal
gain. We have all been warned but I do not think that we have enough room
in all the jails and prisons to house all the violators, nor courtroom
availability
for legal procedings. You decide.............:~)
--
Some days you're the windshield,
some days you're the bug.


"theplectrum" wrote:

>
> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:%23LAHqc1eFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > You will not find anyone to help you here. The use of any software to
> > facilitate the illegal sharing of copyrighted material is not condoned.
> > Anyone who would help you in an open forum such as this newsgroup becomes
> > an accessory to a federal crime.
> >
> > What you are doing is illegal. The Supreme Court of the United States has
> > upheld the laws and regulations governing the theft of intellectual
> > property. The RIAA has prosecuted individuals in the past for downloading
> > and sharing music, and will continue to do so in the future.
> >
> > My advice to you is to stop taking what is not rightfully yours. It is
> > because of people like you that those of us who obtain our music legally
> > have to pay more.
> >
> > In closing, you should no that if you are convicted of illegally acquiring
> > or sharing copyrighted material, you can receive a federal conviction.
> > You would lose your right to vote, you would lose your right to hold
> > certain jobs, and of course your would have the stigma associated with it
> > follow you for the rest of your life.
> >
> > If you want to build a music collection, buy it. Otherwise, you are just
> > a common, petty thief.
> >
> > (Don't give me an answer about how I use Lime Wire to only transfer music
> > my band makes...
> > 99.9% of the people who use LimeWire use it for one reason and one reason
> > only; to acquire software and/or music and video illegally).
> >
> > Bobby
> >
> >
> >
> > "25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:A903148D-2742-45A6-B1BB-582E421DA640@microsoft.com...
> >> Hi
> >> I use Lime Wire Pro ... after choosing which songs to download, when I
> >> leave
> >> the page, it seems to go idle .. when I return, the choices seem to be
> >> "waiting", even those that were downloading before.
> >> I have set the pc display where there is NO screen-saver, and the pc and
> >> the
> >> monitor set to stay "ON".
> >> As long as I sit with the download page, I twidle my thumbes and watch.
> >> I would like to know if there is ANY way I can set it to continue with
> >> the
> >> progress when I left it..???
> >> Also, I have another question that I will check with you later...don't
> >> won't
> >> to "gab" about both yet.
> >> ---Thanks for any help ----
> >> 25or6to4
> >
> >
>
> Oooohhhh, consider me shocked ......... !
>
> Personally I prefer WinMx or KazaaLite ......
>
> Cheers,
> Jerry
>
> PS : ever heard of a free world, free choice etc ???
>
>
>

Ionizer
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
"25or6to4" <25or6to4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A903148D-2742-45A6-B1BB-582E421DA640@microsoft.com...
> Hi
> I use Lime Wire Pro ... after choosing which songs to download, when I
> leave
> the page, it seems to go idle .. when I return, the choices seem to be
> "waiting", even those that were downloading before.
> I have set the pc display where there is NO screen-saver, and the pc
> and the
> monitor set to stay "ON".
> As long as I sit with the download page, I twidle my thumbes and
> watch.
> I would like to know if there is ANY way I can set it to continue with
> the
> progress when I left it..???
> Also, I have another question that I will check with you later...don't
> won't
> to "gab" about both yet.
> ---Thanks for any help ----
> 25or6to4

You might have better luck asking this question in alt.music.mp3 or
alt.internet.p2p. I've never used Limewire but in my bygone days of
using Kazaa Lite, the same sort of thing would happen as sources for a
file gradually went offline. The only solution at first was to manually
check for more sources every now and then, but later an automated tool
was created and integrated into KL:
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,22569,00.asp
Does Limewire not have a similar "automatically check for more sources"
setting or option?

Which version number of Limewire are you using? The latest version was
released less than a week ago, and claims to have improved downloading
performance:
http://www.limewire.com/english/content/features_history.shtml

--
Ian.

Ionizer
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
"NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
news:%23LAHqc1eFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> You will not find anyone to help you here. The use of any software to
> facilitate the illegal sharing of copyrighted material is not
> condoned. Anyone who would help you in an open forum such as this
> newsgroup becomes an accessory to a federal crime.
>
> What you are doing is illegal. The Supreme Court of the United
> States...

Bobby:

Speak for yourself only. The participants in this newsgroup are not a
single-minded collective, and we (TINW) do not all live in the United
States. The OP is having trouble with a piece of software, but instead
of offering assistance you've just launched into judgemental diatribe
based on your own unfounded assumptions about how and where he's using
it.

Windows Media Player can be used to copy and burn music CDs which users
don't rightfully own. Can we look forward to similar lectures the next
time someone posts with a WMP problem?


> It is because of people like you that those of us who obtain our music
> legally have to pay more.

This is just a chicken/egg argument really, isn't it?

Regards,
Ian.
(Now Playing: A Pirate Looks At 40 - Jimmy Buffet)

NoNoBadDog!
07-09-2005, 10:54 PM
"Ionizer" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:upja3u$eFHA.3184@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> "NoNoBadDog!" <no_@spam_verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:%23LAHqc1eFHA.3620@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
>> You will not find anyone to help you here. The use of any software to
>> facilitate the illegal sharing of copyrighted material is not condoned.
>> Anyone who would help you in an open forum such as this newsgroup becomes
>> an accessory to a federal crime.
>>
>> What you are doing is illegal. The Supreme Court of the United States...
>
> Bobby:
>
> Speak for yourself only. The participants in this newsgroup are not a
> single-minded collective, and we (TINW) do not all live in the United
> States. The OP is having trouble with a piece of software, but instead of
> offering assistance you've just launched into judgemental diatribe based
> on your own unfounded assumptions about how and where he's using it.
>
> Windows Media Player can be used to copy and burn music CDs which users
> don't rightfully own. Can we look forward to similar lectures the next
> time someone posts with a WMP problem?
>
>
>> It is because of people like you that those of us who obtain our music
>> legally have to pay more.
>
> This is just a chicken/egg argument really, isn't it?
>
> Regards,
> Ian.
> (Now Playing: A Pirate Looks At 40 - Jimmy Buffet)
>
The OP *IS* a United States citizen. The OP *IS* breaking the law.
Windows Media Player cannot facilitate the illegal sharing of Copyrighted
material, so your point regarding it has no relationship to the discussion
at hand.

Your chicken/egg argument is similarly baseless.. Those that illegally
share any copyrighted or protected intellectual material are to blame for
the increased cost that the originators must pass on to those of us who have
a conscience and buy our software and music legally.

In short, there is nothing that you or anyone else can say that will justify
the wholesale theft of something that does not belong to you.

Posts like yours try to obfuscate the fact that anyone who either uploads or
downloads even a *SINGLE* piece of music or software is breaking a law.

It was not a "judgmental diatribe". The OP openly admitted he was stealing
music that did not belong to him.

You can validate your position in this one. You cannot justify breaking the
law.

Bobby


"Baby-sit" Downloads