Echo Sound



Goatcheese
07-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Hi, when I play audio on my computer (Gateway, Pentium 4 processor) I
get an echoing sound. I have tried going to the device manager, but aparently
nothing was wrong with any of my audio devices. I also tried checking all my
software (Windows Media Player, Real One Player, Audacity) to see if they
changed any universal sound settings, and I found nothing. Any help would be
appreciated.

Byte
07-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Do you have a Dell computer and running MusicMatch Jukebox? If you are,
you probably have DFX enabled for special sound enhancement. You can
check your settings there and uncheck echo. If not, check here.
Are you using SoundBlaster?
Have you used the EAX function of soundblaster live? Go into the control
panel and there should be an entry called audioHQ. Click audioHQ and click
EAX, there you have three choices, Chorus, Reverb or Original sound, disable
it or set it to Original Sound and the echo's off.

--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.


"Goatcheese" wrote:

> Hi, when I play audio on my computer (Gateway, Pentium 4 processor) I
> get an echoing sound. I have tried going to the device manager, but aparently
> nothing was wrong with any of my audio devices. I also tried checking all my
> software (Windows Media Player, Real One Player, Audacity) to see if they
> changed any universal sound settings, and I found nothing. Any help would be
> appreciated.

Goatcheese
07-09-2005, 09:53 PM
No, I do not have Soundblaster or MusicMatch Jukebox. I also checked
Device Management but found nothing.

"Byte" wrote:

> Do you have a Dell computer and running MusicMatch Jukebox? If you are,
> you probably have DFX enabled for special sound enhancement. You can
> check your settings there and uncheck echo. If not, check here.
> Are you using SoundBlaster?
> Have you used the EAX function of soundblaster live? Go into the control
> panel and there should be an entry called audioHQ. Click audioHQ and click
> EAX, there you have three choices, Chorus, Reverb or Original sound, disable
> it or set it to Original Sound and the echo's off.
>
> --
> Today is the first day of the rest of
> your life.

Byte
07-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Then, I recommend you go to the website of your soundcard manufacturer
and download the latest drivers compatible with XP. Use Device Manager
and rollback drivers or delete current drivers and install new ones.
--
Today is the first day of the rest of
your life.


"Goatcheese" wrote:

> No, I do not have Soundblaster or MusicMatch Jukebox. I also checked
> Device Management but found nothing.
>
> "Byte" wrote:
>
> > Do you have a Dell computer and running MusicMatch Jukebox? If you are,
> > you probably have DFX enabled for special sound enhancement. You can
> > check your settings there and uncheck echo. If not, check here.
> > Are you using SoundBlaster?
> > Have you used the EAX function of soundblaster live? Go into the control
> > panel and there should be an entry called audioHQ. Click audioHQ and click
> > EAX, there you have three choices, Chorus, Reverb or Original sound, disable
> > it or set it to Original Sound and the echo's off.
> >
> > --
> > Today is the first day of the rest of
> > your life.

OhDannyBoy
07-09-2005, 09:54 PM
Hey Goatcheese. I don't know if you've solved your audio problem yet. If
not, try uninstalling Windows Update KB893086. It worked for me!

"Goatcheese" wrote:

> Hi, when I play audio on my computer (Gateway, Pentium 4 processor) I
> get an echoing sound. I have tried going to the device manager, but aparently
> nothing was wrong with any of my audio devices. I also tried checking all my
> software (Windows Media Player, Real One Player, Audacity) to see if they
> changed any universal sound settings, and I found nothing. Any help would be
> appreciated.


Echo Sound