Clickable Links



Dan~
07-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Has anyone noticed that links in the latest Windows Messenger are no longer
clickable? You now have to highlight on the link, can someone forward this to
the Windows Messenger team?

Jonathan Kay [MVP]
07-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Greetings Dan,

Apparently this is a new "security feature" and by design.

And yes, I think it's lame to.
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

"Dan~" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D2276545-B60F-4E54-AFF0-59BD71EB6EC1@microsoft.com...
> Has anyone noticed that links in the latest Windows Messenger are no longer
> clickable? You now have to highlight on the link, can someone forward this to
> the Windows Messenger team?

md2602
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> Greetings Dan,
>
> Apparently this is a new "security feature" and by design.
>
> And yes, I think it's lame to.
> ____________________________________________
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.
> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
>
> "Dan~" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:D2276545-B60F-4E54-AFF0-59BD71EB6EC1@microsoft.com...
> > Has anyone noticed that links in the latest Windows
> Messenger are no longer
> > clickable? You now have to highlight on the link, can
> someone forward this to
> > the Windows Messenger team?

funny...i searched for "links" and it came back with nothing....

anyway.... i see this is here to stay...
whats the solution? reinstalling an older version? or is that not an
option?

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Clickable-Links-ftopict373215.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1732426

Jonathan Kay [MVP]
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
"md2602" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> funny...i searched for "links" and it came back with nothing....
>
> anyway.... i see this is here to stay...
> whats the solution? reinstalling an older version? or is that not an
> option?

That's an option, depending on what functionality you want.
____________________________________________
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan Kay.
You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

md2602
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
"Jonathan Kay MVP" wrote:
> "md2602" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > funny...i searched for "links" and it came back with
> nothing....
> >
> > anyway.... i see this is here to stay...
> > whats the solution? reinstalling an older version? or is
> that not an
> > option?
>
> That's an option, depending on what functionality you want.
> ____________________________________________
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2005 Jonathan
> Kay.
> You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.

i just looked at whats been changed and decided i dont need any of
it...

heres a link if anyones interested.....
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/899283

and heres the newest old version i could find....
http://www.download.com/Windows-Messenger-XP-/3000-2150_4-10148261.html

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Clickable-Links-ftopict373215.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1735746

russshoe
07-09-2005, 09:49 PM
"Dan~" wrote:
> Has anyone noticed that links in the latest Windows Messenger
> are no longer
> clickable? You now have to highlight on the link, can someone
> forward this to
> the Windows Messenger team?

Drop me a email i can help you

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Messenger-Clickable-Links-ftopict373215.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1735823


Clickable Links