Administrator has disappeared



Lew
07-10-2005, 02:09 AM
I made some changes to my users/groups settings on my new xp/sp2
installation and now only my personal account appears for log in. I
can't log in as administrator. This is a personal, home machine. Only
connected to another workgroup computer also in the same room.
What to do?

Juan
07-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Press ctrl+alt+del simultaneously and qwickly twice...
the Log-in box for account and password will appear.

Regards.

----------------------------------------
"Lew" <lew@speakeasy.net> escribió en el mensaje
news:OYk4wD2XFHA.2688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I made some changes to my users/groups settings on my new xp/sp2
> installation and now only my personal account appears for log in. I
> can't log in as administrator. This is a personal, home machine. Only
> connected to another workgroup computer also in the same room.
> What to do?

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)
07-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Juan wrote:

> Press ctrl+alt+del simultaneously and qwickly twice...
> the Log-in box for account and password will appear.
Hi,

And you might need to to this while booted into Safe Mode...


--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx

Lew
07-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Ok, got logged on as Admin. How can I make sure all available accounts
appear on the logon screen when I start up. I'd settle for the old log
on dialog as well.
Torgeir Bakken (MVP) wrote:
> Juan wrote:
>
>> Press ctrl+alt+del simultaneously and qwickly twice...
>> the Log-in box for account and password will appear.
>
> Hi,
>
> And you might need to to this while booted into Safe Mode...
>
>

Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\)
07-10-2005, 02:09 AM
Lew wrote:

> Ok, got logged on as Admin. How can I make sure all available
> accounts appear on the logon screen when I start up. I'd settle
> for the old log on dialog as well.
Hi,

Open the Control Panel and then "User Accounts", Select "Change the
Way Users Log On and Off". If "Use the Welcome Screen" is unchecked,
enable it.


--
torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway
Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of
the 1328 page Scripting Guide:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/default.mspx


Administrator has disappeared