my-documents at start up



zombonezombone
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed the
request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go away
pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
Darryl
--
zombone

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Hey Zombone What's Happening? I will get you going Go back to
HKey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\Current Version\WinLogon
It should look exactly like this. If your OS is on the C: drive then
Userinit REG_SZ C:\Windows\System32\userinit.exe,


"zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CEDBD4FB-2460-45DE-A473-D68058180D9A@microsoft.com...
> im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed
> the
> request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
> and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
> and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go
> away
> pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
> Darryl
> --
> zombone

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
One more thing if it does look exactly like the way I depicted then go to
Start>Run type: msconfig select Startup
Look for an entry for MyDocuments and uncheck.
"zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CEDBD4FB-2460-45DE-A473-D68058180D9A@microsoft.com...
> im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed
> the
> request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
> and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
> and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go
> away
> pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
> Darryl
> --
> zombone

zombonezombone
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
hey it looks exactly as you shown in the value for userinit at your second
advice i looked in msconfig and under startup and i seen nothing saying my
doc mostly al c:.... and a couple other things like ones with just squares
can it be hidden and what is this my doc at startup is it a bad prank by
someone or what and also would you like me to tell you all the descriptions
of all them and maybe you can be able to know whitch one it is.thanks very
much for your time. Darryl
--
zombone


"Rich Barry" wrote:

> One more thing if it does look exactly like the way I depicted then go to
> Start>Run type: msconfig select Startup
> Look for an entry for MyDocuments and uncheck.
> "zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CEDBD4FB-2460-45DE-A473-D68058180D9A@microsoft.com...
> > im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed
> > the
> > request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
> > and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
> > and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go
> > away
> > pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
> > Darryl
> > --
> > zombone
>
>
>

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Darryl, Maybe you have been infected with Malware. Use ALL of these free
sites. What one misses the other might get.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/





http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html





http://housecall.trendmicro.com/



http://www.webroot.com/



http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en







http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit









"zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CEDBD4FB-2460-45DE-A473-D68058180D9A@microsoft.com...
> im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed
> the
> request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
> and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
> and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go
> away
> pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
> Darryl
> --
> zombone

zombonezombone
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
well i ran them all.I guess thats all we can do huh?You have anymore ideas?i
just dont get it.I had this problem once before like a year and half ago but
i have no clue how i got rid of it lol get backif you have anymore ideas i
really appreciate it very much and thank you. Darryl
--
zombone


"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Darryl, Maybe you have been infected with Malware. Use ALL of these free
> sites. What one misses the other might get.
>
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/
>
>
>
>
>
> http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html
>
>
>
>
>
> http://housecall.trendmicro.com/
>
>
>
> http://www.webroot.com/
>
>
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> http://www.kephyr.com/spywarescanner/index.html?source=appvisit
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CEDBD4FB-2460-45DE-A473-D68058180D9A@microsoft.com...
> > im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed
> > the
> > request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
> > and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
> > and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go
> > away
> > pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
> > Darryl
> > --
> > zombone
>
>
>

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
Darryl, check here. Look in C:\Windows for a Explorer Folder. If
there's one it should'nt be there.You may have a trojan
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;EN-US;Q317013

"zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CEDBD4FB-2460-45DE-A473-D68058180D9A@microsoft.com...
> im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed
> the
> request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
> and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
> and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go
> away
> pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
> Darryl
> --
> zombone

zombonezombone
07-10-2005, 03:04 AM
well no i dont see nothing i guess its somting i will have to live with for a
while.I googled it and found forums on it and there was a guy i was reading
that is having same problems and they were giving him different sujestions
and nothing was working for him either as i read down the page funny somthing
that seems so simple to get rid of realy isnt but thnx anyways unless you
still arent going to give up but im gonna google some more and see wjhat i
can find.thnx.Darryl
--
zombone


"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Darryl, check here. Look in C:\Windows for a Explorer Folder. If
> there's one it should'nt be there.You may have a trojan
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;EN-US;Q317013
>
> "zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CEDBD4FB-2460-45DE-A473-D68058180D9A@microsoft.com...
> > im am getting tired of my document foder opening at start up and i tryed
> > the
> > request given to go to kellys korner and on line 255 right hand side click
> > and it did nothing i went to local machine and navigated to userinit/logon
> > and the value was set the way it showed it should and it still wont go
> > away
> > pppplease help thank you very very much i would appreciate it.
> > Darryl
> > --
> > zombone
>
>
>


my-documents at start up