How many outbound socket connections does Windows XP Pro support?



Corbin O'Reilly
07-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Hi. We have some employees doing a benchmark project and one of them asked
me if Windows XP Pro has a limit on the number of outbound socket
connections it can make to a server? I know that Windows XP Pro has a limit
of 10 for inbound connections but does anyone know if there is a limit for
outbound connections? Thanks for the help.

David Candy
07-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Http 1.1 has 2 and http 1.0 has 4. These are the standards.

"Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:4GHke.19959$8S5.2778@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> Hi. We have some employees doing a benchmark project and one of them asked
> me if Windows XP Pro has a limit on the number of outbound socket
> connections it can make to a server? I know that Windows XP Pro has a
limit
> of 10 for inbound connections but does anyone know if there is a limit for
> outbound connections? Thanks for the help.
>
>
>

Corbin O'Reilly
07-10-2005, 03:03 AM
Hi David. Aren't those inbound limits? I am trying to find out if there is
an outbound limit. From what I have read so far, outbound connections are
limited only by available resources like memory, bandwith, ports available,
etc.

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
news:u01J%23bHYFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Http 1.1 has 2 and http 1.0 has 4. These are the standards.
>
> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:4GHke.19959$8S5.2778@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
>> Hi. We have some employees doing a benchmark project and one of them
>> asked
>> me if Windows XP Pro has a limit on the number of outbound socket
>> connections it can make to a server? I know that Windows XP Pro has a
> limit
>> of 10 for inbound connections but does anyone know if there is a limit
>> for
>> outbound connections? Thanks for the help.
>>
>>
>>
>
>

David Candy
07-10-2005, 03:03 AM
They are the outbound limits per server you are connecting too. That is you
can have 2 connections to www.microsoft.com, 2 to www.dell.com, and 2 to as
many other servers you want. If youi start 3 then the third will wait till
the first connection is finished. This is to allow the maximun number of
people to connect to any server so one person doesn't download 500 files and
blocking every other user of that server. These are http limits. You don't
say what you are doing.
"Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:x%Hke.19963$8S5.10706@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> Hi David. Aren't those inbound limits? I am trying to find out if there is
> an outbound limit. From what I have read so far, outbound connections are
> limited only by available resources like memory, bandwith, ports
available,
> etc.
>
> "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
> news:u01J%23bHYFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Http 1.1 has 2 and http 1.0 has 4. These are the standards.
> >
> > "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> > news:4GHke.19959$8S5.2778@bignews3.bellsouth.net...
> >> Hi. We have some employees doing a benchmark project and one of them
> >> asked
> >> me if Windows XP Pro has a limit on the number of outbound socket
> >> connections it can make to a server? I know that Windows XP Pro has a
> > limit
> >> of 10 for inbound connections but does anyone know if there is a limit
> >> for
> >> outbound connections? Thanks for the help.
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
>
>


How many outbound socket connections does Windows XP Pro support?