Moving e-mail



pfgn2003
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
I would like to know how to move specific e-mails to a folder in My Documents?
--
Desire to learn

Rafael T
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
in outlook express go to file
then export
click on messages

It will save selected messages in the location you specify

RT
"pfgn2003" <pfgn2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:36D1B24D-B4FE-4711-9804-A24177D3F844@microsoft.com...
>I would like to know how to move specific e-mails to a folder in My
>Documents?
> --
> Desire to learn

Bquinn
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
"pfgn2003" <pfgn2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:36D1B24D-B4FE-4711-9804-A24177D3F844@microsoft.com...
>I would like to know how to move specific e-mails to a folder in My
>Documents?
> --
> Desire to learn

Just highlight the message and then drag it to the folder you want.

Bquinn

Gordon
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Rafael T wrote:
|| in outlook express go to file
|| then export
|| click on messages
||

Totally WRONG! The Export function in Outlook Express exports to Outlook or
MS Exchange *ONLY*


--
Gordon Burgess-Parker
Interim Systems and Management Accounting
www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

R. C. White
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi, pfgn2003.

Select the email you want to move. Then click File | Save As... and then
Browse to where you want to save the email.

Don't use Export (as others have discussed). And Bquinn's suggestion will
only move an email message to a different folder WITHIN the OE Message
Store; you can't move one to My Documents this way.

And if you really "Desire to learn" about Outlook Express, spend some time
at MVP Tom Koch's website, Inside OE:
http://www.insideoe.com/

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX
rc@corridor.net
Microsoft Windows MVP

"pfgn2003" <pfgn2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:36D1B24D-B4FE-4711-9804-A24177D3F844@microsoft.com...
>I would like to know how to move specific e-mails to a folder in My
>Documents?
> --
> Desire to learn

uggabugga
07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
RC is right. Save As is the way to do it.
--
That's just like my opinion, man........


"R. C. White" wrote:

> Hi, pfgn2003.
>
> Select the email you want to move. Then click File | Save As... and then
> Browse to where you want to save the email.
>
> Don't use Export (as others have discussed). And Bquinn's suggestion will
> only move an email message to a different folder WITHIN the OE Message
> Store; you can't move one to My Documents this way.
>
> And if you really "Desire to learn" about Outlook Express, spend some time
> at MVP Tom Koch's website, Inside OE:
> http://www.insideoe.com/
>
> RC
> --
> R. C. White, CPA
> San Marcos, TX
> rc@corridor.net
> Microsoft Windows MVP
>
> "pfgn2003" <pfgn2003@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:36D1B24D-B4FE-4711-9804-A24177D3F844@microsoft.com...
> >I would like to know how to move specific e-mails to a folder in My
> >Documents?
> > --
> > Desire to learn
>
>

Rafael T
07-09-2005, 09:10 PM
my bad,

choose file
save as

that would do it.
RT
"Gordon" <gordonbp1@yahoo.co.uk.invalid> wrote in message
news:eQXTw0rVFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Rafael T wrote:
> || in outlook express go to file
> || then export
> || click on messages
> ||
>
> Totally WRONG! The Export function in Outlook Express exports to Outlook
> or MS Exchange *ONLY*
>
>
> --
> Gordon Burgess-Parker
> Interim Systems and Management Accounting
> www.gbpcomputing.co.uk
>


Moving e-mail