Problem Installing Cricket 97



saeedy
07-09-2005, 09:40 PM
I got the game Cricket 97 from my friend. :).
That time I was happy. I got sad when autoplay did not open. 8O 8O

When I went and tried installing from My Computer, setup file was not
getting opened. My computer did not get stuck, but the setup just
didnot launch. 8O 8O

Please help me for this matter. :!:

Saeed.

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-Problem-Installing-Cricket-97-ftopict373572.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1212723

Paul Smith
07-09-2005, 09:40 PM
"saeedy" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
news:3_1212723_b607b4716e4d9d0dd70c8f7b7c6a7b3d@windowsforumz.com...
>I got the game Cricket 97 from my friend. :).
> That time I was happy. I got sad when autoplay did not open. 8O 8O
>
> When I went and tried installing from My Computer, setup file was not
> getting opened. My computer did not get stuck, but the setup just
> didnot launch. 8O 8O

Try right clicking on the setup file, going to properties and clicking the
compatibility tab and enabling Win95 or 98 mode.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.
http://www.windowsresource.net/

*Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

saeedy
07-09-2005, 09:40 PM
"Paul Smith" wrote:
> "saeedy" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> news:3_1212723_b607b4716e4d9d0dd70c8f7b7c6a7b3d@windowsforumz.com...
> >I got the game Cricket 97 from my friend. :).
> > That time I was happy. I got sad when autoplay did not open.
> 8O 8O
> >
> > When I went and tried installing from My Computer, setup
> file was not
> > getting opened. My computer did not get stuck, but the setup
> just
> > didnot launch. 8O 8O
>
> Try right clicking on the setup file, going to properties and
> clicking the
> compatibility tab and enabling Win95 or 98 mode.
>
> --
> Paul Smith,
> Yeovil, UK.
> http://www.windowsresource.net/
>
> *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*

Thanx for the advise. :)
But I use windows XP Pro. :!:

--
Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's request
Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-Problem-Installing-Cricket-97-ftopict373572.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1216315

Chris H.
07-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Most of the "older" games will run perfectly well on Windows XP. Some need
to use Compatibility Mode (details are in Help and Support), and this
TechNet article will help you:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/lgcyapps.mspx

Basically, what Compatibility Mode does is allow the older program to
"think" it is being installed on the operating system for which it was
designed. You also need to pay attention to the game's requirements, and
some need to be installed using Compatibility starting with the installation
itself by going to Start/Run/Browse and locating the install.exe or
setup.exe file on the root of the CD. You can right-click that file, follow
the pattern to use Compatibility Mode and have it install.

After the install, make sure to update the program from the web site of the
creator, then right-click the icon you'll use to launch the game and make
sure the proper Compatibility settings are ready. You also need to make
sure the proper display and color settings are selected.
--
Chris H.
Microsoft Windows MVP
Tablet Creations - http://nicecreations.us/
Associate Expert
Expert Zone - www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone

"saeedy" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
news:3_1216315_91118a058c04ab0d7531a07212976ca7@windowsforumz.com...
> "Paul Smith" wrote:
> > "saeedy" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > news:3_1212723_b607b4716e4d9d0dd70c8f7b7c6a7b3d@windowsforumz.com...
> > >I got the game Cricket 97 from my friend. :).
> > > That time I was happy. I got sad when autoplay did not open.
> > 8O 8O
> > >
> > > When I went and tried installing from My Computer, setup
> > file was not
> > > getting opened. My computer did not get stuck, but the setup
> > just
> > > didnot launch. 8O 8O
> >
> > Try right clicking on the setup file, going to properties and
> > clicking the
> > compatibility tab and enabling Win95 or 98 mode.
> >
> > --
> > Paul Smith,
> > Yeovil, UK.
> > http://www.windowsresource.net/
> >
> > *Remove 'nospam.' to reply by e-mail*
>
> Thanx for the advise. :)
> But I use windows XP Pro. :!:
>
> --
> Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> request
> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Games-Problem-Installing-Cricket-97-ftopict373572.html
> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1216315


Problem Installing Cricket 97