Re: Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can



don freeman
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
The truth is, Jesus should never have torn down the fig tree. He got so
pissed off at the fig tree for not having figs, even though it wasn't
fig season. This was not the action of someone who has even a little
truth and light.

Imagine if Jesus came back now. I'd hate to see his road rage.

MC05
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
"don freeman" <dfreem3@nospam.shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:M%qge.1317047$Xk.244810@pd7tw3no...
> The truth is, Jesus should never have torn down the fig tree. He got so
> pissed off at the fig tree for not having figs, even though it wasn't
> fig season. This was not the action of someone who has even a little
> truth and light.
>
> Imagine if Jesus came back now. I'd hate to see his road rage.

I'm sure he'd drive fine.

But if a fig tree pulled in front of him.......woof!!
>

Matt Hayden
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
MC05 wrote:
> "don freeman" <dfreem3@nospam.shaw.ca> wrote in message
> news:M%qge.1317047$Xk.244810@pd7tw3no...
> > The truth is, Jesus should never have torn down the fig tree. He
got so
> > pissed off at the fig tree for not having figs, even though it
wasn't
> > fig season. This was not the action of someone who has even a
little
> > truth and light.
> >
> > Imagine if Jesus came back now. I'd hate to see his road rage.
>
> I'm sure he'd drive fine.
>
> But if a fig tree pulled in front of him.......woof!!
> >

What if a fig leaf pulled off in front of him?

MC05
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
"Matt Hayden" <meh1963@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1115832484.237918.53830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
> MC05 wrote:
> > "don freeman" <dfreem3@nospam.shaw.ca> wrote in message
> > news:M%qge.1317047$Xk.244810@pd7tw3no...
> > > The truth is, Jesus should never have torn down the fig tree. He
> got so
> > > pissed off at the fig tree for not having figs, even though it
> wasn't
> > > fig season. This was not the action of someone who has even a
> little
> > > truth and light.
> > >
> > > Imagine if Jesus came back now. I'd hate to see his road rage.
> >
> > I'm sure he'd drive fine.
> >
> > But if a fig tree pulled in front of him.......woof!!
> > >
>
> What if a fig leaf pulled off in front of him?

I suppose he could point at what he saw and wither it.
>

don freeman
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
>
> I suppose he could point at what he saw and wither it.
>

Jesus would then give a sermon from the mount:

Let the Puritans wear fig leaves over their eyes!

rbt
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
don freeman wrote:
> The truth is, Jesus should never have torn down the fig tree. He got so
> pissed off at the fig tree for not having figs, even though it wasn't
> fig season. This was not the action of someone who has even a little
> truth and light.
>
> Imagine if Jesus came back now. I'd hate to see his road rage.
>

Who is this Jesus you are talking about? Does he know Python or
something? What do fig trees have to do with Python and/or Jesus?

mark
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
I,too,gave semen from the mount. mark
"don freeman" <dfreem3@nospam.shaw.ca> wrote in message
news:z_sge.1317829$8l.585908@pd7tw1no...
>>
>> I suppose he could point at what he saw and wither it.
>>
>
> Jesus would then give a sermon from the mount:
>
> Let the Puritans wear fig leaves over their eyes!
>

don freeman
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
>>
>
> Who is this Jesus you are talking about? Does he know Python or
> something? What do fig trees have to do with Python and/or Jesus?

Bertand Russell said it best:

Then there is the curious story of the fig tree, which always rather
puzzled me. You remember what happened about the fig tree. "He was
hungry; and seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, He came if haply
He might find anything thereon; and when He came to it He found nothing
but leaves, for the time of figs was not yet. And Jesus answered and
said unto it: 'No man eat fruit of thee hereafter for ever' . . . and
Peter . . . saith unto Him: 'Master, behold the fig tree which thou
cursedst is withered away.'" This is a very curious story, because it
was not the right time of year for figs, and you really could not blame
the tree. I cannot myself feel that either in the matter of wisdom or in
the matter of virtue

David Kilpatrick
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
MC05 wrote:

> "Matt Hayden" <meh1963@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1115832484.237918.53830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
>
>>MC05 wrote:
>>
>>>"don freeman" <dfreem3@nospam.shaw.ca> wrote in message
>>>news:M%qge.1317047$Xk.244810@pd7tw3no...
>>>
>>>>The truth is, Jesus should never have torn down the fig tree. He
>>
>>got so
>>
>>>>pissed off at the fig tree for not having figs, even though it
>>
>>wasn't
>>
>>>>fig season. This was not the action of someone who has even a
>>
>>little
>>
>>>>truth and light.
>>>>
>>>>Imagine if Jesus came back now. I'd hate to see his road rage.
>>>
>>>I'm sure he'd drive fine.
>>>
>>>But if a fig tree pulled in front of him.......woof!!
>>>
>>What if a fig leaf pulled off in front of him?
>
>
> I suppose he could point at what he saw and wither it.
>
>


The man just liked dried figs. There't nothing more annoying than a fig
tree which has lost its figs. They squelch underfoot and go rotten on
the ground and get full of ants.

Mike brown
07-10-2005, 02:51 AM
I don't give a feather or a fig.

MJRB


Re: Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth and the life: no one can