"display" icon



sf
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
the display icon there too. Ideas?

TIA

T. Waters
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
sf wrote:
> I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
> the display icon there too. Ideas?
>
> TIA

Claification would be helpful.
Are you referring to the Sound Volume icon?
What kind of Display icon do you mean? The Windows "Display Properties"
icon?
That one can be put in your Quick Launch (area next to Start button).
Start - Control Panel - right click on Display
Select Create Shortcut
Yes to Desktop
Go to Dssktop
Right click on a blank area of the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar."
Drag your new shortcut icon for Display into the Quick Launch area. When you
see a vertical I-shaped beam, release the mouse button.
You may rearrange the icons in Quick Launch to your liking.
Slide the pale slider "handle" to the right to see all the icons, then drag
about as you wish.
When your Taskbar looks the way you want it to, Lock the taskbar.

Gunilla
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Hi.

Here you have a link that might be suitable.
http://cooltech.iafrica.com/swissarmy/howto/387530.htm

Gunilla

"sf" <sf@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
news:vcbc81hpnn2lcj7kb0abj9o2op92j76doh@4ax.com...
>
> I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
> the display icon there too. Ideas?
>
> TIA

David Candy
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
That is for Windows 98/ME.

--
----------------------------------------------------------

"Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote in message news:e$RnweKWFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi.
>
> Here you have a link that might be suitable.
> http://cooltech.iafrica.com/swissarmy/howto/387530.htm
>
> Gunilla
>
> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:vcbc81hpnn2lcj7kb0abj9o2op92j76doh@4ax.com...
>>
>> I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
>> the display icon there too. Ideas?
>>
>> TIA
>
>

Gunilla
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Okay...my bad. Sorry for not being more observant. :-((

"David Candy" <.> skrev i meddelandet
news:eOcZijKWFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
That is for Windows 98/ME.

--
----------------------------------------------------------

"Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote in message
news:e$RnweKWFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Hi.
>
> Here you have a link that might be suitable.
> http://cooltech.iafrica.com/swissarmy/howto/387530.htm
>
> Gunilla
>
> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
> news:vcbc81hpnn2lcj7kb0abj9o2op92j76doh@4ax.com...
>>
>> I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
>> the display icon there too. Ideas?
>>
>> TIA
>
>

David Candy
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Depending on video drivers QuickRes for NT may work. It runs but most drivers only allow it to change to the current mode only (not very useful). The page you referenced is QuickRes for 95 which was built into Display in 98/ME. Most video drivers have crap like this built in these days.

--
----------------------------------------------------------

"Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote in message news:ecZ7toKWFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Okay...my bad. Sorry for not being more observant. :-((
>
> "David Candy" <.> skrev i meddelandet
> news:eOcZijKWFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> That is for Windows 98/ME.
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> news:e$RnweKWFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Hi.
>>
>> Here you have a link that might be suitable.
>> http://cooltech.iafrica.com/swissarmy/howto/387530.htm
>>
>> Gunilla
>>
>> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> news:vcbc81hpnn2lcj7kb0abj9o2op92j76doh@4ax.com...
>>>
>>> I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
>>> the display icon there too. Ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>>
>
>

Gunilla
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
Thanks for explaining. :-)) Always something new to learn!

Gunilla

"David Candy" <.> skrev i meddelandet
news:OGBTduKWFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Depending on video drivers QuickRes for NT may work. It runs but most
drivers only allow it to change to the current mode only (not very useful).
The page you referenced is QuickRes for 95 which was built into Display in
98/ME. Most video drivers have crap like this built in these days.

--
----------------------------------------------------------

"Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote in message
news:ecZ7toKWFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Okay...my bad. Sorry for not being more observant. :-((
>
> "David Candy" <.> skrev i meddelandet
> news:eOcZijKWFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> That is for Windows 98/ME.
>
> --
> ----------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Gunilla" <kakaomumsathotmaildotcom> wrote in message
> news:e$RnweKWFHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Hi.
>>
>> Here you have a link that might be suitable.
>> http://cooltech.iafrica.com/swissarmy/howto/387530.htm
>>
>> Gunilla
>>
>> "sf" <sf@gmail.com> skrev i meddelandet
>> news:vcbc81hpnn2lcj7kb0abj9o2op92j76doh@4ax.com...
>>>
>>> I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
>>> the display icon there too. Ideas?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>
>>
>
>

sf
07-10-2005, 01:44 AM
On Sat, 14 May 2005 10:06:59 -0700, "T. Waters" <@$%$%#^@jdjgkl.com>
wrote:

> sf wrote:
> > I have the sound icon sitting in my systray, but can't figure out put
> > the display icon there too. Ideas?
> >
> > TIA
>
> Claification would be helpful.
> Are you referring to the Sound Volume icon?

Volume Control. Not the single volume control option, the one with 5
columns.. it's easy to put there, just check the appropriate box.

> What kind of Display icon do you mean? The Windows "Display Properties"
> icon?

I selected plain old "Display" in Control Panel, so if you're confused
- don't blame me, blame Microsoft. It only says "Display Properties"
after Display is opened.

> That one can be put in your Quick Launch (area next to Start button).
> Start - Control Panel - right click on Display
> Select Create Shortcut
> Yes to Desktop
> Go to Dssktop
> Right click on a blank area of the Taskbar and uncheck "Lock the taskbar."
> Drag your new shortcut icon for Display into the Quick Launch area. When you
> see a vertical I-shaped beam, release the mouse button.
> You may rearrange the icons in Quick Launch to your liking.
> Slide the pale slider "handle" to the right to see all the icons, then drag
> about as you wish.
> When your Taskbar looks the way you want it to, Lock the taskbar.
>
Thanks, but I wasn't looking for a quick launch option - although I
may have to resort to that. There was a way to do it in Win98 - it
sat in Systray on my old computer, next to the volume control icon.

sf
who finds avoiding quick launch is a losing proposition these days


"display" icon