DVD Burner



MICHAEL C WILLIAMS
07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
The problem I'm having is my DVD+RW/CDrw won't burn. The DVD rom went
bad and dell had a new one installed by a tech and after that the burner in
the second drive wouldn't work so dell had it also replaced but it still won
't work. They said it was a software problem and my warranty doesn't cover
that. I've tried updating the driver but that didn't work so either I pay
Dell big money to talk to their software people or I can refomat the hard
drive and start from scratch . But maybe you can help.Aloha,Mike Williams

Jerry
07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Help by doing what? Windows does not come with DVD burning software - that
is provided by someone else - ask them.

"MICHAEL C WILLIAMS" <wildog@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:uvqoKGbfFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> The problem I'm having is my DVD+RW/CDrw won't burn. The DVD rom went
> bad and dell had a new one installed by a tech and after that the burner
> in
> the second drive wouldn't work so dell had it also replaced but it still
> won
> 't work. They said it was a software problem and my warranty doesn't cover
> that. I've tried updating the driver but that didn't work so either I pay
> Dell big money to talk to their software people or I can refomat the hard
> drive and start from scratch . But maybe you can help.Aloha,Mike Williams
>
>

Jim
07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
"Jerry" <NoSpamChiefZeke@MSN.com> wrote in message
news:ueKeNdbfFHA.3124@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Help by doing what? Windows does not come with DVD burning software - that
> is provided by someone else - ask them.
And, it is hardly ever necessary to start from scratch.
Jim
>
> "MICHAEL C WILLIAMS" <wildog@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:uvqoKGbfFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > The problem I'm having is my DVD+RW/CDrw won't burn. The DVD rom
went
> > bad and dell had a new one installed by a tech and after that the burner
> > in
> > the second drive wouldn't work so dell had it also replaced but it still
> > won
> > 't work. They said it was a software problem and my warranty doesn't
cover
> > that. I've tried updating the driver but that didn't work so either I
pay
> > Dell big money to talk to their software people or I can refomat the
hard
> > drive and start from scratch . But maybe you can help.Aloha,Mike
Williams
> >
> >
>
>

Alan
07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Jim wrote:

> And, it is hardly ever necessary to start from scratch.
> Jim
>

But it is extremely easy for tech support to say restore the drive from
the CD we sent you or from the hidden partition... Tech Support: a
dying Art...

Jim
07-10-2005, 02:36 AM
"Alan" <Alan.SpamSucks@alankw.com> wrote in message
news:%236cuIkdfFHA.572@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Jim wrote:
>
> > And, it is hardly ever necessary to start from scratch.
> > Jim
> >
>
> But it is extremely easy for tech support to say restore the drive from
> the CD we sent you or from the hidden partition... Tech Support: a
> dying Art...
Yes, it is easy for them to say, but it definitely is a pain for the poor
owner to perform.
Jim


DVD Burner