Re: JEINT EVERYTHING



George
07-10-2005, 02:35 AM
"Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
news:OmHMPClUFHA.1384@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <test@test.com> wrote in message
> news:FLLee.16320$a25.12470@fe06.highwinds-media.phx...
> > Kerry Brown wrote:
> >> "NoNoBadDog!" <mypants_bjsledgeATpixi.com> wrote in message
> >> news:u1rTVjhUFHA.3076@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> >>> First, do whatever you have to do to get enough money to go back and
> >>> get at least a 6th grade education. That way, you will be able to
> >>> spell correctly and have a working knowledge of punctuation. I am
> >>> old enough to remember that the American education system would not
> >>> allow someone with your limited functionality graduate. It is
> >>> indeed sad that you can present yourself in such a public forum in
> >>> the fashion that you have and not feel any embarrassment.
> >>>
> >>> It's your language. Learn to use it properly. Your post makes you
> >>> look ignorant.
> >>> How can you expect to make anything of yourself when you present
> >>> yourself in such a negative way?
> >>>
> >>> I tire of seeing posts like yours...horrendous spelling, lack of
> >>> punctuation and lacking the proper use of grammar or
> >>> contractions/abbreviations.
> >>>
> >>> I hope you don't "axe" any more questions here. It's embarrassing
> >>> for us to read it.
> >>>
> >>> Now go put you baseball cap on at some weird angle, drop the
> >>> waistband of your pants to mid-thigh, and walk around like you have
> >>> some strange muscular disease. That will complete the image of
> >>> yourself that you have projected here.
> >>>
> >>> Bobby
> >>>
> >>> (It's my OPINION. You don't have to like it. You don't have to
> >>> agree with it. You don't have to read it. But at least the words
> >>> are spelled correctly).
> >>>
> >>
> >> Is there a literacy test needed to purchase a computer now?
> >
> > No, but there damned well should be! If people post to a group where the
> > language is English then they should expect to be criticised if their
> > posts make no sense whatsoever. If English wasn't his language, then he
> > should have said so or, better yet, posted to a group in his native
> > language (which, seeing as he's in Canada, could possibly be French). He
> > could have searched the group for five seconds seen all these posts in a
> > language that wasn't his own and gone to find a group that was - his
> > problem not ours. If he wants to post in an English-speaking group he
> > should post in a manner that would render his posts understood. If he
does
> > not, or cannot, do so, then he will be ridiculed.
> >
> > Do you feel you are somehow superior because you had a better education?
> >
> > Yes. To have a poor command of one's own native tongue shows ignorance
and
> > stupidity.
> >
> >
> >> Travel the world a bit. You'll find there are a great deal of
> >> intelligent people who haven't had the opportunity to receive a
> >> decent education.
> >
> > Sorry, I disagree. The OP is obviously literate because he managed to
find
> > this group and post. Therefore, his intelligence has to be called into
> > question. He's either retarded or lazy, and I know which my money's on.
> > He's probably sent to a perfectly good school, but he spends all his
time
> > hanging out at the shopping centre with his, equally illiterate,
friends.
> > You know one of the major causes of literacy degredation in the world?
> > SMS. Kids are so used to wrtng lke ths wth no vwls tht thy 4get tht thy
> > xst. They may learn to write properly, but then they become lazy because
> > of their mobiles.
> >
> > The OP's IP puts him in western Canada but that
> >> doesn't mean that is their country of origin. For whatever reason the
> >> OP has a problem with communication you don't have the right to
> >> marginalize them in some misguided attempt to prove your superiority.
> >
> > They should post to a group in their native language then. They post
> > here - yes we do.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > In memory of MS MVP Alex Nichol: http://www.dts-l.org/
> >
>
> I don't like the current trend to abbreviating the English language
either.
> That doesn't give anyone the right to automatically assume someone who
does
> so is mentally challenged. Language evolves. Try listening to some Chaucer
> read the way it was spoken in his lifetime. Read A Clockwork Orange.
Travel
> to England and listen to many of the different ways English can be spoken.
I
> deplore the way English is taught in our school systems but that is not
the
> fault of the students. Just because we have a rather homogenous version of
> English here in North America don't make it necessarily right :-)
>
> These newsgroups are about helping people, not criticising their language
> skills. The OP asked a question. If you don't know the answer move on.
>
> Kerry
>
>
Amen and Amen!!!!


Re: JEINT EVERYTHING