Opening multiple windows – ( i.e. my documents / my computer)



bcpaddler
07-10-2005, 01:32 AM
For some reason my PC will not allow me to open more than one folder at a
time… let’s say I have my documents opened up. If I try to open another
folder such as my computer, the “my documents folder shakes for about .5 of a
second the my computer folder opens, but you can see straight thru it – like
as in you can see what ever is behind it – i.e. you desk top.. If you click
and drag it to another location, the contents will appear, but you can’t open
any sub folders?

Has anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions on how to fix it?

OS – XP professional
Laptop – HP nx7010

I appreciate your time.

Blu Coburn

Mark L. Ferguson
07-10-2005, 01:32 AM
To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
"bcpaddler" <bcpaddler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF15D3D7-AD23-4309-9D5F-770B74223962@microsoft.com...
> For some reason my PC will not allow me to open more than one folder at a
> time. let's say I have my documents opened up. If I try to open another
> folder such as my computer, the "my documents folder shakes for about .5 of a
> second the my computer folder opens, but you can see straight thru it - like
> as in you can see what ever is behind it - i.e. you desk top.. If you click
> and drag it to another location, the contents will appear, but you can't open
> any sub folders?
>
> Has anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions on how to fix it?
>
> OS - XP professional
> Laptop - HP nx7010
>
> I appreciate your time.
>
> Blu Coburn
>

bcpaddler
07-10-2005, 01:40 AM
Thanks Mark, but it's still doing the same thing. I may have to uninstall my
OS and start from scratch?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
> "bcpaddler" <bcpaddler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF15D3D7-AD23-4309-9D5F-770B74223962@microsoft.com...
> > For some reason my PC will not allow me to open more than one folder at a
> > time. let's say I have my documents opened up. If I try to open another
> > folder such as my computer, the "my documents folder shakes for about .5 of a
> > second the my computer folder opens, but you can see straight thru it - like
> > as in you can see what ever is behind it - i.e. you desk top.. If you click
> > and drag it to another location, the contents will appear, but you can't open
> > any sub folders?
> >
> > Has anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions on how to fix it?
> >
> > OS - XP professional
> > Laptop - HP nx7010
> >
> > I appreciate your time.
> >
> > Blu Coburn
> >
>
>
>


Opening multiple windows – ( i.e. my documents / my computer)