16 bit subsystem error



juliehart888
07-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Help! For the past week, when I try to load certain discs on my CD-Rom, I get
a 16 bit subsystem error. Usually games that have previously worked fine.
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. Any ideas?

Will Denny
07-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Hi


Please see if the following article helps:


"Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
program"
http://support.microsoft.com/d≠efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3247≠67

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups



"juliehart888" <juliehart888@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9535A0CF-D843-4595-AE1D-539BAA9541CC@microsoft.com...
> Help! For the past week, when I try to load certain discs on my CD-Rom, I
> get
> a 16 bit subsystem error. Usually games that have previously worked fine.
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. Any ideas?

juliehart888
07-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Excellent, thanks! I think the link is broken, though. I'll try again later,
it may just be temporarily unavailable.

"Will Denny" wrote:

> Hi
>
>
> Please see if the following article helps:
>
>
> "Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
> program"
> http://support.microsoft.com/d­efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3247­67
>
> --
>
> Will Denny
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> Please reply to the News Groups
>
>
>
> "juliehart888" <juliehart888@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9535A0CF-D843-4595-AE1D-539BAA9541CC@microsoft.com...
> > Help! For the past week, when I try to load certain discs on my CD-Rom, I
> > get
> > a 16 bit subsystem error. Usually games that have previously worked fine.
> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. Any ideas?
>
>
>

Will Denny
07-10-2005, 01:30 AM
Hi

It was working earlier. Don't know what the matter with it is now though.

--

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups


"juliehart888" <juliehart888@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:62371DCA-867F-4978-BE7D-EAF504C56FA2@microsoft.com...
> Excellent, thanks! I think the link is broken, though. I'll try again
> later,
> it may just be temporarily unavailable.
>
> "Will Denny" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>>
>> Please see if the following article helps:
>>
>>
>> "Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit
>> Windows-based
>> program"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/d≠efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3247≠67
>>
>> --
>>
>> Will Denny
>> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>> Please reply to the News Groups
>>
>>
>>
>> "juliehart888" <juliehart888@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:9535A0CF-D843-4595-AE1D-539BAA9541CC@microsoft.com...
>> > Help! For the past week, when I try to load certain discs on my CD-Rom,
>> > I
>> > get
>> > a 16 bit subsystem error. Usually games that have previously worked
>> > fine.
>> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. Any ideas?
>>
>>
>>

Sharon F
07-10-2005, 01:30 AM
On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:49:04 -0700, juliehart888 wrote:

> Excellent, thanks! I think the link is broken, though. I'll try again later,
> it may just be temporarily unavailable.

I'm seeing this in my newsreader:
> "Error message when you install or start an MS-DOS or 16-bit Windows-based
> program"
> http://support.microsoft.com/d≠efault.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;3247≠67

I think if you remove the hyphen in the word default and 324767 the URL
will work:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User


16 bit subsystem error