Windows FireWall



Overtime
07-10-2005, 01:28 AM
i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified problem,
windows cannot display firewall settings.....

Alan Smith
07-10-2005, 01:28 AM
"Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A319C1D3-B66B-43CC-8A39-D9B984E0BEA0@microsoft.com...
>i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified
>problem,
> windows cannot display firewall settings.....

Why don't you use a third party firewall? There are free ones.

Overtime
07-10-2005, 01:28 AM
well i'm trying to get to mine because i need to get MSN gaming zone
unblocked...

"Alan Smith" wrote:

>
> "Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:A319C1D3-B66B-43CC-8A39-D9B984E0BEA0@microsoft.com...
> >i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified
> >problem,
> > windows cannot display firewall settings.....
>
> Why don't you use a third party firewall? There are free ones.
>
>
>

Alan Smith
07-10-2005, 01:28 AM
Please follow the conversational flow rather than jump top to bottom to top
to .......
People will be able to follow a conversational flow rather than have to try
and decode what has been said meaning they will be more likely to read and
possibly help.

> "Alan Smith" wrote:
>
>>
>> "Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A319C1D3-B66B-43CC-8A39-D9B984E0BEA0@microsoft.com...
>> >i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified
>> >problem,
>> > windows cannot display firewall settings.....
>>
>> Why don't you use a third party firewall? There are free ones.
>>
>>
>>
"Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:52E5EB01-B1BD-43EB-A7AA-990AE66FF994@microsoft.com...
> well i'm trying to get to mine because i need to get MSN gaming zone
> unblocked...
>

Are you signed on as a user account or administrator account?

David Morgan \(MAMS\)
07-10-2005, 01:28 AM
"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message news:d94n2g$ugc$2@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> >
> > i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified
> > problem, windows cannot display firewall settings.....
>
> Why don't you use a third party firewall? There are free ones.


Alan (or anyone),

How *does* one examine the properties/settings and actions of the XP firewall?


Thanks,

DM

Alan Smith
07-10-2005, 01:28 AM
"David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
news:Cfnte.22082$tY4.9952@trnddc06...
>
> "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> news:d94n2g$ugc$2@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
>>
>> "Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com>...
>> >
>> > i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified
>> > problem, windows cannot display firewall settings.....
>>
>> Why don't you use a third party firewall? There are free ones.
>
>
> Alan (or anyone),
>
> How *does* one examine the properties/settings and actions of the XP
> firewall?
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> DM
>
>
>
>

Control Panel, Windows Firewall

David Morgan \(MAMS\)
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
"Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message news:d94vpc$g51$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk...
>
> "David Morgan (MAMS)" <mams@NOSPAm-a-m-s.com> wrote in message
> news:Cfnte.22082$tY4.9952@trnddc06...
> >
> > "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email> wrote in message
> > news:d94n2g$ugc$2@news8.svr.pol.co.uk...
> >>
> >> "Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com>...
> >> >
> >> > i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified
> >> > problem, windows cannot display firewall settings.....
> >>
> >> Why don't you use a third party firewall? There are free ones.
> >
> >
> > Alan (or anyone),
> >
> > How *does* one examine the properties/settings and actions of the XP
> > firewall?
> >
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > DM
> >
> >
> >
> >
>
> Control Panel, Windows Firewall


Newbie here... essentially, I see only "on" or "off". Is this all there is?

Thanks,

DM

Ramesh, MS-MVP
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
This might help:

"Windows cannot display Windows Firewall settings" error while accessing
Firewall settings in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedaccess.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx

"Overtime" <Overtime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:A319C1D3-B66B-43CC-8A39-D9B984E0BEA0@microsoft.com...
>i can't access mine... it just says that it was due to an udentified
>problem,
> windows cannot display firewall settings.....

jtsm
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
You can also, Start > Run > Type in "firewall.cpl" if the
control panel is restricted, in some cases.


Windows FireWall