Desktop won't take jpg



Kate
07-10-2005, 02:26 AM
My desktop has stopped using jpg files and seems only to accept bmp files.
Is there a fix?
Kate

Ramesh, MS-MVP
07-10-2005, 02:26 AM
Display Properties Desktop background tab lists only BMP files:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/jpgbackground.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx

"Kate" <kzlists@yahoo.nospam> wrote in message
news:uphUlVtcFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> My desktop has stopped using jpg files and seems only to accept bmp files.
> Is there a fix?
> Kate
>

Kate
07-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Thanks.
Kate
"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
news:eLdIVcucFHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Display Properties Desktop background tab lists only BMP files:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/jpgbackground.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, MS-MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>
> Windows XP Troubleshooting
> http://www.winhelponline.com
>
> Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx
>
> "Kate" <kzlists@yahoo.nospam> wrote in message
> news:uphUlVtcFHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>> My desktop has stopped using jpg files and seems only to accept bmp
>> files. Is there a fix?
>> Kate
>>
>

Ramesh, MS-MVP
07-10-2005, 02:27 AM
Welcome!

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

Windows XP Newsgroup Setup Instructions for Outlook Express:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroupsetup.mspx

"Kate" <kzlists@yahoo.nospam> wrote in message
news:edOH3R1cFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Thanks.
> Kate
> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:eLdIVcucFHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Display Properties Desktop background tab lists only BMP files:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/jpgbackground.htm
>>


Desktop won't take jpg