ARP cache lifetime in WinXP



shark_1968@yahoo.com
07-10-2005, 01:26 AM
Hello,

Could someone please tell me what the ARP cache lifetime is in WinXP
Pro and where the associated value is in the registry? I couldn't find
anything in the registry using 'arp' as the keyword.

Thank you in advance,
Dmitry

uuk
07-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Note the last entry.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;138362
<shark_1968@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1118855125.459595.148350@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hello,
>
> Could someone please tell me what the ARP cache lifetime is in WinXP
> Pro and where the associated value is in the registry? I couldn't find
> anything in the registry using 'arp' as the keyword.
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Dmitry
>

shark_1968@yahoo.com
07-10-2005, 01:27 AM
Does that article also apply to Windows 2000/XP? I believe it's only
for NT.

Thanks,
Dmitry


uuk wrote:
> Note the last entry.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;138362
> <shark_1968@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1118855125.459595.148350@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Could someone please tell me what the ARP cache lifetime is in WinXP
> > Pro and where the associated value is in the registry? I couldn't find
> > anything in the registry using 'arp' as the keyword.
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> > Dmitry
> >

uuk
07-10-2005, 01:27 AM
2000, XP NT are essentially the same thing.

<shark_1968@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1119038576.915931.141210@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Does that article also apply to Windows 2000/XP? I believe it's only
> for NT.
>
> Thanks,
> Dmitry
>
>
> uuk wrote:
>> Note the last entry.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;138362
>> <shark_1968@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> news:1118855125.459595.148350@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Could someone please tell me what the ARP cache lifetime is in WinXP
>> > Pro and where the associated value is in the registry? I couldn't find
>> > anything in the registry using 'arp' as the keyword.
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance,
>> > Dmitry
>> >
>

shark_1968@yahoo.com
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the info! I guess the arpcache lifetime is not adjustible
then.

alesh
07-10-2005, 01:29 AM
You can clear it tho?

A.


--
alesh
------------------------------------------------------------------------
alesh's Profile: http://www.iamnotageek.com/member.php?userid=13876
View this thread: http://www.iamnotageek.com/showthread.php?t=1819081657


ARP cache lifetime in WinXP