Hotfix KB841559



Scooter
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
I am having a prblem with an application. I am looking for hotfix KB841559
to correct the problem.

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix.
For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support
costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scooter" wrote:

| I am having a prblem with an application. I am looking for hotfix KB841559
| to correct the problem.

Scooter
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Will there be a cost for contacting MSFT? i can't see paying for thier issue.

"Scooter" wrote:

> I am having a prblem with an application. I am looking for hotfix KB841559
> to correct the problem.

Scooter
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Will there be a charge for contacting Microsoft? i can not see paying for
getting a fix for their issue. As to SP2, if I install SP2, many of my
applications would need to be re-installed due to the firewall feature
affecting my communication software. I am on a corporate network that is
already secure.

Thanks

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> To resolve this problem immediately, contact Microsoft Product Support Services to obtain the hotfix.
> For a complete list of Microsoft Product Support Services phone numbers and information about support
> costs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[LN];CNTACTMS
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Scooter" wrote:
>
> | I am having a prblem with an application. I am looking for hotfix KB841559
> | to correct the problem.
>

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
It would be wise to read the entire KB article:

Quote:

"In special cases, charges that are ordinarily incurred for support calls may be canceled if a
Microsoft Support Professional determines that a specific update will resolve your problem."

FIX: 16-bit COM applications stop responding after you apply the MS04-012 security update
to a computer that is running Windows XP SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;841559

Contacting Microsoft Support is the only way to obtain Hotfixes
mentioned in their Knowledge Base Articles.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Scooter" wrote:

| Will there be a cost for contacting MSFT? i can't see paying for thier issue.


Hotfix KB841559