Downloads sticking



George Mooth
07-10-2005, 02:23 AM
Whenever I try to download a file it gets part way through and
stops. After several attempts it will finally do a complete
download.

I have a Comcast Motorola external cable modem on a
3Com 3c905 nic card. Tried changing settings on the nic
and it seems to work best at 10mps Full Duplex. But still
stops once or twice before getting a complete download.

Does the same thing on the NHRA web site on the
..mov files there. They get halfway downloaded and stop.

Anyone recognize the problem? I hope!

Thank you,

Mark L. Ferguson
07-10-2005, 02:24 AM
My guess would be a corrupt file in %TEMP% (which can be completely emptied with no harm, if you then restart windows)

--
Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
"George Mooth" <gmoothduh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:02pma115rlcg2scddl4f1fj004te1joekh@4ax.com...
>
> Whenever I try to download a file it gets part way through and
> stops. After several attempts it will finally do a complete
> download.
>
> I have a Comcast Motorola external cable modem on a
> 3Com 3c905 nic card. Tried changing settings on the nic
> and it seems to work best at 10mps Full Duplex. But still
> stops once or twice before getting a complete download.
>
> Does the same thing on the NHRA web site on the
> .mov files there. They get halfway downloaded and stop.
>
> Anyone recognize the problem? I hope!
>
> Thank you,
>
>

George Mooth
07-10-2005, 02:24 AM
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:52:02 -0500, "Mark L. Ferguson"
<marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My guess would be a corrupt file in %TEMP% (which can be completely emptied with no harm, if you then restart windows)

Syptoms still the same. Any other ideas?

Thank you.

Mark L. Ferguson
07-10-2005, 02:24 AM
To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

--
Mark L. Ferguson
FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
"George Mooth" <gmoothduh@comcast.net> wrote in message news:qbmpa11s45er1qls29biohl1cqof4tb6qu@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 07:52:02 -0500, "Mark L. Ferguson"
> <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>My guess would be a corrupt file in %TEMP% (which can be completely emptied with no harm, if you then restart windows)
>
> Syptoms still the same. Any other ideas?
>
> Thank you.

George Mooth
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:15:08 -0500, "Mark L. Ferguson"
<marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote:

>To repair all system files, go to Start/Run, and type: SFC /SCANNOW

Did that no help. I am running a TNT2 Pro 64 video card, so I tried
backing up to a older video driver. That seemed to help. What do
you think, any more revelations? :)

BTW, what is the path to the folder that Outlook Express messages
are saved?

Thank you,

Alan Smith
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
"George Mooth" <gmoothduh@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:agura1lr2gsrj9o6ehoc71675luse3kil4@4ax.com...
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:15:08 -0500, "Mark L. Ferguson"

more revelations? :)
>
> BTW, what is the path to the folder that Outlook Express messages
> are saved?
>
> Thank you,
>

Tools Options Maintenance
then read the screen.

George Mooth
07-10-2005, 02:25 AM
On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:00:50 +0100, "Alan Smith" <alan@hidden.email>
wrote:

>
>"George Mooth" <gmoothduh@comcast.net> wrote in message
>news:agura1lr2gsrj9o6ehoc71675luse3kil4@4ax.com...
>> On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 10:15:08 -0500, "Mark L. Ferguson"
>
> more revelations? :)

New ideas.

>> BTW, what is the path to the folder that Outlook Express messages
>> are saved?
>>
>> Thank you,
>>
>
>Tools Options Maintenance
>then read the screen.

Thank you, it's right there! :)


Downloads sticking