Defualt Home Page



Im grateful for any help
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Hi there, ever since following a link in an email my Default Home page in
Interent explorer 6.0 is incorrect. Although I can set my computer to go to
another homepage when I select 'Use Defualt' a different address appears in
the box. The address that appears was never my defualt page. Can you help me
with this???

Many Thanks

Ted Zieglar
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Remove the spyware you installed when you clicked the link in the e-mail.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Im grateful for any help" <Im grateful for any
help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:488F14D9-8AA0-458B-801A-D372FB3E70B9@microsoft.com...
> Hi there, ever since following a link in an email my Default Home page in
> Interent explorer 6.0 is incorrect. Although I can set my computer to go
to
> another homepage when I select 'Use Defualt' a different address appears
in
> the box. The address that appears was never my defualt page. Can you help
me
> with this???
>
> Many Thanks

Bert Kinney
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Hi,

I would suggest you follow the spyware removal instruction on the
following web page.
Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

Im grateful for any help wrote:
> Hi there, ever since following a link in an email my
> Default Home page in Interent explorer 6.0 is incorrect.
> Although I can set my computer to go to another homepage
> when I select 'Use Defualt' a different address appears
> in the box. The address that appears was never my defualt
> page. Can you help me with this???
>
> Many Thanks

I'm grateful for any help.
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Hi there thats great. Thank you. By the way it is a few months since I opened
the email and it has long lince been deleted. Can you tell me how to remove
the spyware?? that would be amazing. Thanks again.

"Ted Zieglar" wrote:

> Remove the spyware you installed when you clicked the link in the e-mail.
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "Im grateful for any help" <Im grateful for any
> help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:488F14D9-8AA0-458B-801A-D372FB3E70B9@microsoft.com...
> > Hi there, ever since following a link in an email my Default Home page in
> > Interent explorer 6.0 is incorrect. Although I can set my computer to go
> to
> > another homepage when I select 'Use Defualt' a different address appears
> in
> > the box. The address that appears was never my defualt page. Can you help
> me
> > with this???
> >
> > Many Thanks
>
>
>

Ted Zieglar
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Fortunately, there is a great deal of software available to detect and
remove spyware. Unfortunately, the nature of spyware is such that you may
need to try several different spyware detectors before you hit on one that
can identify what's on your computer, and then the software may or may not
be able to successfully remove it, and the removal itself may or may not
cause other problems. Spyware really is a menace.

There are piles of spyware removers out there. I would start with the URL
that Bert gave you.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"I'm grateful for any help." <I'm grateful for any help.
@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E1BB2320-ACC4-4C65-BAFC-90761472E46A@microsoft.com...
> Hi there thats great. Thank you. By the way it is a few months since I
opened
> the email and it has long lince been deleted. Can you tell me how to
remove
> the spyware?? that would be amazing. Thanks again.
>
> "Ted Zieglar" wrote:
>
> > Remove the spyware you installed when you clicked the link in the
e-mail.
> >
> > --
> > Ted Zieglar
> > "You can do it if you try."
> >
> > "Im grateful for any help" <Im grateful for any
> > help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:488F14D9-8AA0-458B-801A-D372FB3E70B9@microsoft.com...
> > > Hi there, ever since following a link in an email my Default Home page
in
> > > Interent explorer 6.0 is incorrect. Although I can set my computer to
go
> > to
> > > another homepage when I select 'Use Defualt' a different address
appears
> > in
> > > the box. The address that appears was never my defualt page. Can you
help
> > me
> > > with this???
> > >
> > > Many Thanks
> >
> >
> >

Please Help
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Thanks both. Im a complete novice that's my problem.



"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would suggest you follow the spyware removal instruction on the
> following web page.
> Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
> http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Im grateful for any help wrote:
> > Hi there, ever since following a link in an email my
> > Default Home page in Interent explorer 6.0 is incorrect.
> > Although I can set my computer to go to another homepage
> > when I select 'Use Defualt' a different address appears
> > in the box. The address that appears was never my defualt
> > page. Can you help me with this???
> >
> > Many Thanks
>
>
>

Ted Zieglar
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
Oh, that's no problem. We all go through that. If you're a "complete novice"
the most important thing you need to learn is how to backup. As long as you
have a good backup, you won't lose your most important information, no
matter how badly you mess up. And if you're anything like I was when I was a
beginner, well, you'll be glad you backed up.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Please Help" <PleaseHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E2E9AB4D-357A-4F76-BCE2-D3BDCD09E9FE@microsoft.com...
> Thanks both. Im a complete novice that's my problem.
>
>
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would suggest you follow the spyware removal instruction on the
> > following web page.
> > Virus and Spyware removal and prevention.
> > http://bertk.mvps.org/html/spyware.html
> >
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> > http://dts-l.org/
> >
> > Im grateful for any help wrote:
> > > Hi there, ever since following a link in an email my
> > > Default Home page in Interent explorer 6.0 is incorrect.
> > > Although I can set my computer to go to another homepage
> > > when I select 'Use Defualt' a different address appears
> > > in the box. The address that appears was never my defualt
> > > page. Can you help me with this???
> > >
> > > Many Thanks
> >
> >
> >


Defualt Home Page