Incorrect time even though collecting it from Internet



Maria
07-10-2005, 02:21 AM
I have an issue that is bothering me, all Desktops on the network is an hour
late when receiving time from Internet. The only way to get around it is to
set it static.

Does anyone know what the reason can be? I have talked to the ISP who says
that it is XP that is the reason, but I do not get it.

Thanks for your comments,
--
Maria

Kathea Banshou
07-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Time zone? Are you using the correct time zone?

"Maria" wrote:

> I have an issue that is bothering me, all Desktops on the network is an hour
> late when receiving time from Internet. The only way to get around it is to
> set it static.
>
> Does anyone know what the reason can be? I have talked to the ISP who says
> that it is XP that is the reason, but I do not get it.
>
> Thanks for your comments,
> --
> Maria

Maria
07-10-2005, 02:21 AM
Yes, This has been working for a long time collecting time from a Internet
time server but for some reason two weeks ago the time adjusted an hour back.
We are using different time servers to make sure that it is not a time server
that is giving the incorrect time.
--
Maria


"Kathea Banshou" wrote:

> Time zone? Are you using the correct time zone?
>
> "Maria" wrote:
>
> > I have an issue that is bothering me, all Desktops on the network is an hour
> > late when receiving time from Internet. The only way to get around it is to
> > set it static.
> >
> > Does anyone know what the reason can be? I have talked to the ISP who says
> > that it is XP that is the reason, but I do not get it.
> >
> > Thanks for your comments,
> > --
> > Maria

Donald McDaniel
07-10-2005, 02:21 AM
On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:19:02 -0700, "Maria"
<Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Yes, This has been working for a long time collecting time from a Internet
>time server but for some reason two weeks ago the time adjusted an hour back.
>We are using different time servers to make sure that it is not a time server
>that is giving the incorrect time.

All this may be true, but if the TimeZone is incorrectly set locally,
all the time servers in the world will STILL set your clock
incorrectly.

Right-click on the System Clock in the Notification Area and choose
"Adjust Date/Time" and check to see that the correct time zone for
your locality is set in Windows.


Donald L McDaniel
Please reply to the original thread
so that others may be instructed or informed
============================================

Maria
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
I am sorry to say but we do have the right time zone for all desktops on the
network. It has to be a central matter somehow. For me it does not make sense
that it is in XP since it occurs on all 10 desktops.

Thanks anyway for your effort.
--
Maria


"Donald McDaniel" wrote:

> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:19:02 -0700, "Maria"
> <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Yes, This has been working for a long time collecting time from a Internet
> >time server but for some reason two weeks ago the time adjusted an hour back.
> >We are using different time servers to make sure that it is not a time server
> >that is giving the incorrect time.
>
> All this may be true, but if the TimeZone is incorrectly set locally,
> all the time servers in the world will STILL set your clock
> incorrectly.
>
> Right-click on the System Clock in the Notification Area and choose
> "Adjust Date/Time" and check to see that the correct time zone for
> your locality is set in Windows.
>
>
> Donald L McDaniel
> Please reply to the original thread
> so that others may be instructed or informed
> ============================================
>

Kerry Brown
07-10-2005, 02:22 AM
"Maria" <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:35F65C40-84B9-41D3-91CB-344DCD6070ED@microsoft.com...
>I am sorry to say but we do have the right time zone for all desktops on
>the
> network. It has to be a central matter somehow. For me it does not make
> sense
> that it is in XP since it occurs on all 10 desktops.
>
> Thanks anyway for your effort.
> --
> Maria
>

When you say network is there a Windows server on the network? Is Active
Directory installed on the server? Your workstations may receiving the time
from a Windows server rather than a network. This is the default when Active
Directory is installed on a Windows server. All the workstations sync their
time to a designated network server. If you have a server check that the
time settings are correct on the server.

Kerry



>
> "Donald McDaniel" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 15:19:02 -0700, "Maria"
>> <Maria@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Yes, This has been working for a long time collecting time from a
>> >Internet
>> >time server but for some reason two weeks ago the time adjusted an hour
>> >back.
>> >We are using different time servers to make sure that it is not a time
>> >server
>> >that is giving the incorrect time.
>>
>> All this may be true, but if the TimeZone is incorrectly set locally,
>> all the time servers in the world will STILL set your clock
>> incorrectly.
>>
>> Right-click on the System Clock in the Notification Area and choose
>> "Adjust Date/Time" and check to see that the correct time zone for
>> your locality is set in Windows.
>>
>>
>> Donald L McDaniel
>> Please reply to the original thread
>> so that others may be instructed or informed
>> ============================================
>>


Incorrect time even though collecting it from Internet