Reboot choices



Yoly
07-10-2005, 01:20 AM
For some reason when I reboot, I get a choice of which operating system to
boot to. Although I have dabbled with Partition Magic and Boot Magic, I dont
think that I changed anything to make it do that. I also have a slave drive
for storage, but no dual boot system.

It gives me a choice to go into advanced setup choices if I push F8, but
asking for it to go into windows normally doesnt change anything either.

I will appreciate any insight, thank you.

Yoly

Galen
07-10-2005, 01:20 AM
In news:Opnnoo2aFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
Yoly <jrogers7DONTWANTNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> For some reason when I reboot, I get a choice of which operating
> system to boot to. Although I have dabbled with Partition Magic and
> Boot Magic, I dont think that I changed anything to make it do that.
> I also have a slave drive for storage, but no dual boot system.
>
> It gives me a choice to go into advanced setup choices if I push F8,
> but asking for it to go into windows normally doesnt change anything
> either.
> I will appreciate any insight, thank you.
>
> Yoly

Edit your boot.ini (hidden on the C: drive normally) so that it looks like
this sort of. (In other words edit it for your tastes/requirements.)

[boot loader]
timeout=5
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP
Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

Galen
--

"And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."

Sherlock Holmes

uhfx@yahoo.com
07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
what is written in your: C:\boot.ini file?

Michael T
07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
You also should set your PC clock.

"Yoly" <jrogers7DONTWANTNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:Opnnoo2aFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> For some reason when I reboot, I get a choice of which operating system to
> boot to. Although I have dabbled with Partition Magic and Boot Magic, I
> dont
> think that I changed anything to make it do that. I also have a slave
> drive
> for storage, but no dual boot system.
>
> It gives me a choice to go into advanced setup choices if I push F8, but
> asking for it to go into windows normally doesnt change anything either.
>
> I will appreciate any insight, thank you.
>
> Yoly
>
>
>
>

David Rios
07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
That seams random..

-David Rios

"Michael T" <anonymous@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:u9B3VJ7aFHA.3048@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> You also should set your PC clock.
>
> "Yoly" <jrogers7DONTWANTNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> news:Opnnoo2aFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>> For some reason when I reboot, I get a choice of which operating system
>> to
>> boot to. Although I have dabbled with Partition Magic and Boot Magic, I
>> dont
>> think that I changed anything to make it do that. I also have a slave
>> drive
>> for storage, but no dual boot system.
>>
>> It gives me a choice to go into advanced setup choices if I push F8, but
>> asking for it to go into windows normally doesnt change anything either.
>>
>> I will appreciate any insight, thank you.
>>
>> Yoly
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>

Yoly
07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
Thanks so much guys, I will find my boot.ini and check it out. Yoly

"Yoly" <jrogers7DONTWANTNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
news:Opnnoo2aFHA.1456@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> For some reason when I reboot, I get a choice of which operating system to
> boot to. Although I have dabbled with Partition Magic and Boot Magic, I
> dont
> think that I changed anything to make it do that. I also have a slave
> drive
> for storage, but no dual boot system.
>
> It gives me a choice to go into advanced setup choices if I push F8, but
> asking for it to go into windows normally doesnt change anything either.
>
> I will appreciate any insight, thank you.
>
> Yoly
>
>
>
>

Galen
07-10-2005, 01:21 AM
In news:%23Q9oieCbFHA.2128@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl,
Yoly <jrogers7DONTWANTNOSPAM@bellsouth.net> had this to say:

My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:

> Thanks so much guys, I will find my boot.ini and check it out. Yoly

Look for a hidden file on your C: drive, not in any folder... Just right
there on C: C:\boot.ini is the most common location.

Galen
--

"And that recommendation, with the exaggerated estimate of my ability
with which he prefaced it, was, if you will believe me, Watson, the
very first thing which ever made me feel that a profession might be
made out of what had up to that time been the merest hobby."

Sherlock Holmes


Reboot choices