e and d drivers



anasteele
07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
what hapened?
--
ana steele

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Ana, do you mean your E: and D: Drives are missing from MyComputer?
If yes, are they Cdrom drives?
"anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BE35A7E4-8980-4D8E-ADA3-DD1A048717BD@microsoft.com...
> my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> what hapened?
> --
> ana steele

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers
07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Hi,

Are E and D optical drives? See if this helps:
http://aumha.org/win5/a/xpcd.htm

Under section 8 - Problems - there is a link to a patch that often resolves
this problem

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BE35A7E4-8980-4D8E-ADA3-DD1A048717BD@microsoft.com...
> my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> what hapened?
> --
> ana steele

anasteele
07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
its my cd-rom and dvd burner. all of a sudden the system stoped loading them
--
ana steele


"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Ana, do you mean your E: and D: Drives are missing from MyComputer?
> If yes, are they Cdrom drives?
> "anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BE35A7E4-8980-4D8E-ADA3-DD1A048717BD@microsoft.com...
> > my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> > what hapened?
> > --
> > ana steele
>
>
>

Rich Barry
07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
Go to Start>Run type: regedit click Ok Navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965.....click
on the folder and in the right
pane and
delete the upperfilters value and lowerfilters value, exit regedit and
restart your machine...





"anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:BE35A7E4-8980-4D8E-ADA3-DD1A048717BD@microsoft.com...
> my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> what hapened?
> --
> ana steele

anasteele
07-10-2005, 02:13 AM
i did what you told me but it wasnt showing upper or lower filters
--
ana steele


"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Go to Start>Run type: regedit click Ok Navigate to
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965.....click
> on the folder and in the right
> pane and
> delete the upperfilters value and lowerfilters value, exit regedit and
> restart your machine...
>
>
>
>
>
> "anasteele" <anasteele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:BE35A7E4-8980-4D8E-ADA3-DD1A048717BD@microsoft.com...
> > my e and d drivers are missing. how can i get them back? i don't even know
> > what hapened?
> > --
> > ana steele
>
>
>


e and d drivers