DV-AVI is blocked out in MM2



J
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
I want to convert some 8MM tapes to DVD. But my DV-AVI option is grayed out
in MM2! Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
Thanks
j. thinkpad

PapaJohn \(MVP\)
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
It's grayed out if the source is analog, and available from digital
camcorders connected by firewire.

--
PapaJohn

Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 - www.papajohn.org
Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
..
"J" <j_thinkpad@msn.com> wrote in message
news:eZonp4NXFHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I want to convert some 8MM tapes to DVD. But my DV-AVI option is grayed out
>in MM2! Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
> Thanks
> j. thinkpad
>

J
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the reply, yes, I am using an older camcorder so that explains
it...
J.


"PapaJohn (MVP)" <PapaJohn@CharterMI.net> wrote in message
news:eG%23ZbwOXFHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> It's grayed out if the source is analog, and available from digital
> camcorders connected by firewire.
>
> --
> PapaJohn
>
> Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 - www.papajohn.org
> Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
> .
> "J" <j_thinkpad@msn.com> wrote in message
> news:eZonp4NXFHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>I want to convert some 8MM tapes to DVD. But my DV-AVI option is grayed
>>out in MM2! Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
>> Thanks
>> j. thinkpad
>>
>
>

Rom
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Hi, I bought a new digital camcorder last week, SONY DCR-HC39E. When i tried
to use the movie maker, the clips came out rubbish, it was as though i have
captured the movie from some cheap webcam, although it looks very good on tv.

Could this be as a result of me using usb instead of i-link. My laptop has a
firewire port (4pin), so if i use it via i-link will it be as equal to the
quality of the movie i captured in the camcorder.

Thank you.
Romesh

"J" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply, yes, I am using an older camcorder so that explains
> it...
> J.
>
>
> "PapaJohn (MVP)" <PapaJohn@CharterMI.net> wrote in message
> news:eG%23ZbwOXFHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> > It's grayed out if the source is analog, and available from digital
> > camcorders connected by firewire.
> >
> > --
> > PapaJohn
> >
> > Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 - www.papajohn.org
> > Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
> > .
> > "J" <j_thinkpad@msn.com> wrote in message
> > news:eZonp4NXFHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> >>I want to convert some 8MM tapes to DVD. But my DV-AVI option is grayed
> >>out in MM2! Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
> >> Thanks
> >> j. thinkpad
> >>
> >
> >
>
>
>

Graham Hughes
07-09-2005, 10:34 PM
Using usb can only capture a low quality file. Watching it on the pc is no
good as you really need an interlaced tv environment to watch on, and
watching it in MM is worse as it shows an even lower resolution and 12fps
preview.
By using firewire you will need to capture as dv-avi and then you will
retain full quality.

--
Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.co.uk
www.dvds2treasure.com
www.simplydv.com


"Rom" <Rom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7617E95C-FED4-4CD2-8157-B4271343E613@microsoft.com...
> Hi, I bought a new digital camcorder last week, SONY DCR-HC39E. When i
> tried
> to use the movie maker, the clips came out rubbish, it was as though i
> have
> captured the movie from some cheap webcam, although it looks very good on
> tv.
>
> Could this be as a result of me using usb instead of i-link. My laptop has
> a
> firewire port (4pin), so if i use it via i-link will it be as equal to the
> quality of the movie i captured in the camcorder.
>
> Thank you.
> Romesh
>
> "J" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the reply, yes, I am using an older camcorder so that explains
>> it...
>> J.
>>
>>
>> "PapaJohn (MVP)" <PapaJohn@CharterMI.net> wrote in message
>> news:eG%23ZbwOXFHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> > It's grayed out if the source is analog, and available from digital
>> > camcorders connected by firewire.
>> >
>> > --
>> > PapaJohn
>> >
>> > Movie Maker 2 and Photo Story 3 - www.papajohn.org
>> > Photo Story 2 - www.photostory.papajohn.org
>> > .
>> > "J" <j_thinkpad@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > news:eZonp4NXFHA.3348@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> >>I want to convert some 8MM tapes to DVD. But my DV-AVI option is grayed
>> >>out in MM2! Can anyone tell me why this is happening?
>> >> Thanks
>> >> j. thinkpad
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>>
>>
>>


DV-AVI is blocked out in MM2