switch user



Ruth
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Ok when one user on my computer is on and they switch
user it goes to the start screen, thats fine, but then
when another person goes to log onto their user the
computer restarts for no reason, this does not happen if
one user simply logs off

Bert Kinney
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Hi Ruth,

This looks like a promising solution.
http://snipurl.com/ewa3

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

Ruth wrote:
> Ok when one user on my computer is on and they switch
> user it goes to the start screen, thats fine, but then
> when another person goes to log onto their user the
> computer restarts for no reason, this does not happen if
> one user simply logs off

Ruth
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
thanks Burt but I couldn't get it to work. I did as directed but when I
double clicked on the file i get this error message, "cannot import
C:\documents: error opening the file. there may be a disk or file system
error. I have just about had it.

"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Ruth,
>
> This looks like a promising solution.
> http://snipurl.com/ewa3
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Ruth wrote:
> > Ok when one user on my computer is on and they switch
> > user it goes to the start screen, thats fine, but then
> > when another person goes to log onto their user the
> > computer restarts for no reason, this does not happen if
> > one user simply logs off
>
>
>

Bert Kinney
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Hi Ruth,

I have attached the registry tweak as a txt file.
Rename it to FSUFIX.reg save it and double click it to merge it.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

Ruth wrote:
> thanks Burt but I couldn't get it to work. I did as
> directed but when I double clicked on the file i get this
> error message, "cannot import C:\documents: error opening
> the file. there may be a disk or file system error. I
> have just about had it.
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ruth,
>>
>> This looks like a promising solution.
>> http://snipurl.com/ewa3
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> Ruth wrote:
>>> Ok when one user on my computer is on and they switch
>>> user it goes to the start screen, thats fine, but then
>>> when another person goes to log onto their user the
>>> computer restarts for no reason, this does not happen if
>>> one user simply logs off

Ruth
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Hey Burt,

Ok I'm new to this so I may be missing something very simple here but when
you say you attached it what do you mean, attached it to what, where would I
find it. Thanks for being so helpful though.



"Bert Kinney" wrote:

> Hi Ruth,
>
> I have attached the registry tweak as a txt file.
> Rename it to FSUFIX.reg save it and double click it to merge it.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> http://dts-l.org/
>
> Ruth wrote:
> > thanks Burt but I couldn't get it to work. I did as
> > directed but when I double clicked on the file i get this
> > error message, "cannot import C:\documents: error opening
> > the file. there may be a disk or file system error. I
> > have just about had it.
> >
> > "Bert Kinney" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Ruth,
> >>
> >> This looks like a promising solution.
> >> http://snipurl.com/ewa3
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
> >> http://dts-l.org/
> >>
> >> Ruth wrote:
> >>> Ok when one user on my computer is on and they switch
> >>> user it goes to the start screen, thats fine, but then
> >>> when another person goes to log onto their user the
> >>> computer restarts for no reason, this does not happen if
> >>> one user simply logs off
>
>
>

Bert Kinney
07-10-2005, 02:03 AM
Hi Ruth,

Log onto this newsgroup directly using Outlook Express and you will
see it.
news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.windowsxp.beta.help-and-support

Setting up Outlook Express Newsreader
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm

Of if you send me your email address to bert@NSmvps.org (remove the
NS) and I send the file to you.
--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
http://dts-l.org/

Ruth wrote:
> Hey Burt,
>
> Ok I'm new to this so I may be missing something very
> simple here but when you say you attached it what do you
> mean, attached it to what, where would I find it. Thanks
> for being so helpful though.
>
>
>
> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ruth,
>>
>> I have attached the registry tweak as a txt file.
>> Rename it to FSUFIX.reg save it and double click it
>> to merge it.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>> http://dts-l.org/
>>
>> Ruth wrote:
>>> thanks Burt but I couldn't get it to work. I did as
>>> directed but when I double clicked on the file i get
>>> this error message, "cannot import C:\documents: error
>>> opening the file. there may be a disk or file system
>>> error. I have just about had it.
>>>
>>> "Bert Kinney" wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hi Ruth,
>>>>
>>>> This looks like a promising solution.
>>>> http://snipurl.com/ewa3
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Regards,
>>>> Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User
>>>> http://dts-l.org/
>>>>
>>>> Ruth wrote:
>>>>> Ok when one user on my computer is on and they switch
>>>>> user it goes to the start screen, thats fine, but then
>>>>> when another person goes to log onto their user the
>>>>> computer restarts for no reason, this does not happen
>>>>> if one user simply logs off


switch user