mount a disk compressed by drivespace 3 on win 98



sezza
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
i am trying to mount a disk that has been compressed by drivespace 3 when i
had windows 98 is there any way of doing it

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Windows XP does not support DriveSpace. You'll have to find a
PC running Windows 95 or 98 or ME and decompress those files.

Cannot Restore Backups That You Create in Windows 95, Windows 98,
or Windows Me with the Windows XP Ntbackup Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305381

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"sezza" wrote:

| i am trying to mount a disk that has been compressed by drivespace 3 when i
| had windows 98 is there any way of doing it



---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
Tested on: 5/13/2005 10:19:47 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com

Richard Urban
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
None at all from within Windows XP.


--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"sezza" <sezza@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7B4BE295-1FA9-4BA3-B1FE-361B5640E187@microsoft.com...
>i am trying to mount a disk that has been compressed by drivespace 3 when
>i
> had windows 98 is there any way of doing it
>

Richard Urban
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
It took a while!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:Ox5uz88VFHA.3488@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Windows XP does not support DriveSpace. You'll have to find a
> PC running Windows 95 or 98 or ME and decompress those files.
>
> Cannot Restore Backups That You Create in Windows 95, Windows 98,
> or Windows Me with the Windows XP Ntbackup Tool
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305381
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "sezza" wrote:
>
> | i am trying to mount a disk that has been compressed by drivespace 3
> when i
> | had windows 98 is there any way of doing it
>
>
>
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
> Tested on: 5/13/2005 10:19:47 AM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com
>
>
>

Carey Frisch [MVP]
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Yes, thanks to your persistent scoldings! Thanks Richard!
Keep up the good work!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Richard Urban" wrote:

| It took a while!
|
| --
| Regards,
|
| Richard Urban
|
| aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
|
| If you knew as much as you think you know,
| You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
|


---
avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
Tested on: 5/13/2005 11:17:28 AM
avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
http://www.avast.com

Richard Urban
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
I figured you had blocked me by now!

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)

If you knew as much as you think you know,
You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!


"Carey Frisch [MVP]" <cnfrisch@nospamgmail.com> wrote in message
news:O%23ZjDd9VFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Yes, thanks to your persistent scoldings! Thanks Richard!
> Keep up the good work!
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
> Microsoft Newsgroups
>
> Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx
>
> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
> | It took a while!
> |
> | --
> | Regards,
> |
> | Richard Urban
> |
> | aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :-)
> |
> | If you knew as much as you think you know,
> | You would realize that you don't know what you thought you knew!
> |
>
>
> ---
> avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
> Virus Database (VPS): 0519-2, 05/12/2005
> Tested on: 5/13/2005 11:17:28 AM
> avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
> http://www.avast.com
>
>
>


mount a disk compressed by drivespace 3 on win 98