how to type ftp website



apple
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
hi,
when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

izzy
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Here's an eg. ftp://ftp.jetstreamgames.co.nz/

"apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:16943878-1F70-4E14-8CA0-A59085088CAC@microsoft.com...
> hi,
> when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the
> pages
> cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
Hi,

Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:16943878-1F70-4E14-8CA0-A59085088CAC@microsoft.com...
> hi,
> when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
> cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help

apple
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.

still cannot open the ftp
website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
please help

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Tools/Internet Options/Advanced tab, try disabling passive ftp.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:16943878-1F70-4E14-8CA0-A59085088CAC@microsoft.com...
> > hi,
> > when I type the website starting with ftp in the browser, but the pages
> > cannot be displayed. What should I do? please help
>
>
>

FeMaster
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
The problem is, the address you are using is invalid because the file you
are trying to connect to is not there... Drop the file name, leaving the
last slash (/) in place. If that doesn't work then us the steps below:

Website: ftp://61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/
UserName: leonvic
Password: vivki

There is one folder, and one file... The folder contains some Real Media
files, and then there is a Windows Media Video file called,
"Janice_minilive_Qingshen.wmv"



"apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:F7195A6A-C4E6-4B08-B071-69BAF2557F76@microsoft.com...
> there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.
>
> still cannot open the ftp
> website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
> please help
>

apple
07-10-2005, 02:02 AM
hi,
when i type your website , entering user name, and password, then ftp folder
error exist, what should i do??

Please help

"FeMaster" wrote:

> The problem is, the address you are using is invalid because the file you
> are trying to connect to is not there... Drop the file name, leaving the
> last slash (/) in place. If that doesn't work then us the steps below:
>
> Website: ftp://61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/
> UserName: leonvic
> Password: vivki
>
> There is one folder, and one file... The folder contains some Real Media
> files, and then there is a Windows Media Video file called,
> "Janice_minilive_Qingshen.wmv"
>
>
>
> "apple" <apple@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:F7195A6A-C4E6-4B08-B071-69BAF2557F76@microsoft.com...
> > there is just a item, enable the ftp files, but no disable ftp.
> >
> > still cannot open the ftp
> > website:ftp://leonvic:vicki@61.152.158.137/leon/xeepkatie/Janice.mp3
> > please help
> >
>
>
>


how to type ftp website